• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The wealth building thread

Rassah

As I said, I don't know your situation Byron. There are probably plenty of things you can learn to do and start working for online. I'm also not going to jump ahead of myself, since I will be talking about investment funds in detail eventually anyway. You can join that class when I get to it (first have to teach the prerequisites). No sense in me going over it twice, so please have patience.

Gryphoneer

20 Quatloos on "disruptive"
Rassah is legitimate.

Yeah, I know right? A Lolbertarian who's busy defending the virtues of Nazi Germany in another thread, could you possibly think of another person more suitable to give financial counsel than him? Of course not!

SHOW ME THE LIGHT, DIVULGE THE HOLY SECRETS OF AFFLUENCE TO ME O ANOINTED ONE

...just one preliminary question, Rassah, if you're so good at building wealth (through your pet ideology or other stuff) how come I've never seen your face on Forbes' cover? Don't tell me you chose not to work as hard as these job creators!

Rassah

...just one preliminary question, Rassah, if you're so good at building wealth (through your pet ideology or other stuff) how come I've never seen your face on Forbes' cover? Don't tell me you chose not to work as hard as these job creators!

I have been on Forbes (as well as plenty of other places). They used a sensationalist title (clickbait) and claim I "admitted" when all I actually said is I suspect, but there's no way to prove, but at least I got published in Forbes.

Not on a cover, sure, but that's an exclusive list. Tons of wealthy people do their thing and never get on there. Frankly, it's not really on the top of my to do lists, anyway. I'm quite comfortable where I'm at.

And, again, please keep this civil.

P.S. I updated the second post, and added a link for the audio book directly to my DropBox account, since YouTube isn't as reliable for keeping them up.

Last edited:

Gryphoneer

20 Quatloos on "disruptive"
I have been on Forbes. They used a sensationalist title (clickbait) and claim I "admitted" when all I actually said is I suspect, but there's no way to prove, but at least I got published in Forbes.

First your blunder of not reading the link about Congo Free State in the other thread, and now this. I have to say I get the suspicion your reading comprehension really isn't up to snuff! I specifically asked you why you never landed on the cover of Forbes Magazine (or People Mag, for that matter).

If you know so much about becoming rich, know so much about BWAHAHA- ...excuse me, if you know so much about, pfft, "thinking like a rich person", then why are you not a hotshot start-up captain who dines with the Google duo or a celebrity CEO having TED Talks? Why do we not know your face from TV or internet coverage?

Guys like you drone on and on about how the only decision factor of wealth is work ethic; if you just work enough, you get rich. The logical inverse, of course, means that everyone else, including you, is a lazy hobo.

And, again, please keep this civil.

Or what? Do you ban me?

Rassah, you just admitted you run a quote-unquote "charity" organization that accepts stolen money (and worse, can't even tell whether money's stolen) and runs entirely on Bitcoin. It's a scam inside a scam. Scamception!

Dude, if that's not enough reason to call you out on your bullshit, that you're the last person on the planet fit to give economic advice, than nothing is.

Rassah I think you are definitely making a step in the right direction with this thread. You have managed to bring up problems you see without deriding or belittling others and have offered people solutions to those same problem. An exchange of lessons as you say you desire here is what I have been attempting to accomplish in the other thread. Through our discussions there I feel like we are both coming to learn and understand new concepts.

I do have one question though. Will you consider teaching these same lessons to those that disagree with you ideologically? While as much as both of us may hope to convince the other to come to our own ideological side of these issues lets be realistic and recognize that probably won't happen. Will the fact that I support a large government and believe that taxation and regulation is fundamentally good in any way discourage you from providing said lessons?

Rassah

I do have one question though. Will you consider teaching these same lessons to those that disagree with you ideologically?

Yes. In fact, I will try to avoid ideology as much as possible, sticking only to hard numbers, and at most basic concepts on how to look at or do things, which I hope to actually demonstrate to show how they work. In fact, if you are broke, jobless, desperate, and feel like the world is crushing down on you, I would like you to learn this stuff even more, since I hope it will at least point to an easier path for you. My sole purpose here is to help people overcome their fears and give them hope, using the same lessons I have learned that got me out of poverty and changed my life too.

Will the fact that I support a large government and believe that taxation and regulation is fundamentally good in any way discourage you from providing said lessons?

Not at all. Although I will probably go over how to reduce your tax burden. You are, of course, free to not follow that advice and pay the full amount.

Last edited:
Way to point out the logical holes in Rassahs Ideology in a calm and objective manner, Gryphoneer :V

jtrekkie

Feathered
Thank you for starting this, I'm loading the book (so I haven't done my homework yet.) I have a simple question, though. For someone with a limited amount of ready cash, (<10k) what is an acceptable direction to start in?

Soul-Wolf

Banned
Banned
Dmitri is Rassah. Here's a link to the Forbes article that Rassah deleted from his post that tells about how he accepted money he knew was probably stolen because he knew he wouldn't get caught.

I'll have to check that out, thanks. Interesting but unrelated, he was probably in my top 10 of suspects for who called the RCMP on me. I'm actually going to get him on the line and make him tell me he didn't do that because I can spot a liar on the phone, I worked in a call center from last depression (the great one). So that's unrelated, but interesting, isn't it. Interesting because how the fuck could the guy who is going to tell people about all these worldly things in any educated sense not know that world well enough to know what the RCMP is? It doesn't bode well does it.

Rassah

Dmitri is Rassah. Here's a link to the Forbes article that Rassah deleted from his post that tells about how he accepted money he knew was probably stolen because he knew he wouldn't get caught.

I was public about my suspicions. That's all they were. There was no proof, and no way to return it. If you two want to crucify my for running a charity organization, receiving money from an unknown source with no way to return it, and donating all that money to other charities, well, you can shove it way way way up there.

Gryphoneer, what have you given or contributed? And what have I done to make you so obsessed and upset?

Thank you for starting this, I'm loading the book (so I haven't done my homework yet.) I have a simple question, though. For someone with a limited amount of ready cash, (<10k) what is an acceptable direction to start in?

It depends on what you want to do, I guess. Point here isn't investment advice, it's what the options are out there, and how to figure them out. I'll list some things you can invest in later, as well as teach what to look out for when you do your own research.

P.S. The reason I didn't know what RCMP was is because I live in US and didn't feel like googling an acronym at the time. I don't even know who Soul-Wolf is or where he lives (didn't even know he loved in Canada), so how the f would I call anyone on him?

Anyway, stupid distractions. I landed in Copenhagen, half of my flight leg. Next flight rest of the way to Riga. During the 8 hour flight I listened to that book again (third time), and took a whole lot of notes that I can share when we go over it.

Last edited:

Soul-Wolf

Banned
Banned
It's not that I knew I wouldn't get caught. I was public about my suspicions. Even to frikin Forbes. I also didn't know for a fact that it was stolen. I only had suspicions because of coincidental timing. But the main thing is that once money was sent, there was no way to return it. It's the equivalent to someone dropping a bag of cash into your mail box. What was I supposed to do? Donate it to charity? Guess where it all went?

You'd rationalize murder if you thought there was a good enough reason to you, wouldn't you.

Rassah

You'd rationalize murder if you thought there was a good enough reason to you, wouldn't you.

That is against the very core of my philosophy. Why would you even think that?

Soul-Wolf

Banned
Banned
That is against the very core of my philosophy. Why would you even think that?

Because I just have this thing where if I see people routinely miss the important points of important dilemmas surrounding important things I get pretty nervous about what they might do in general, much less if they think there's a method to their madness.

Rassah

... never mind. I won't even bother.

Last edited:

Khaki

AFP's Most Unwanted
It will be interesting to see what Rassah considers to be a good financial investment, looking forward to it.

Ratical

The only thing I know is that Rassah is giving up his own time to pass on some knowledge. You can listen, you can ignore it, you can disagree with it, but the whole thing seems really low risk and thoughtful, so I support it.

He's a jet-setting, empathetic, work-minded guy. Direct, sure, but sometimes we need that. What anyone feels about him personally doesn't mean much if the advice is practical and doesn't hurt anyone. I don't pretend to understand running a personal business but I'm pretty keen on giving people the benefit the doubt.

ALSO, yes, I've listened to about half of the book so far and have been taking notes. I don't know if we were supposed to take notes but it tends to help me. I'm a lifelong student, it's in my blood at this point. There's some interesting philosophy in it so far.

Razzle

The truth is that there is no "get rich strategy" that works for everyone. Which means that no matter how much you learn from Rassah or elsewhere, it's likely that you will never be financially rich. Most people really have no way to control that aspect of their lives, but what you do have control over is self improvement.

If you really want to make your life better, the answer is education, whether you end up financially rich from it or not. So take Rassah's kind offer if you want, but set your expectations and view it simply as a chance to learn, and then move on and keep learning other things.