• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The weirdest thing that happened to you at a store.

Got into a lightsaber fight with a stranger.

Possiblly the best thing ever.

Getting into a best buy shop, searching a product, finding it - and when the worker comes to assist me he then says that there are possibly none in stock, even though I saw like five ZuneHD's with 32gigs in front of my face.
Half an hour passed and he said that nobody knows.
I told him where it was, bought it and never returned.

Volkodav

Dad****er
I was walking in the grocery store with my dad and a group of blacks [not being racist, but this is funny] came into the aisle, and one was all "OH SNAP! THEY GOT KOOLAID!!!" and ran over and started naming all the flavours.

King Ghidorah 2

I am the ultimate creature!
I was in Kansas City for vacation this summer and evidently every store that had music in their PA system knew I was a Godzilla fan because they were all playing Godzilla by Blue Oyster Cult at one period or another while i was in said store. I had to resist the strong urge to dance and act like Godzilla at those moments. That was my favorite moment from my KC vacation.

Volkodav

Dad****er
I was in Kansas City for vacation this summer and evidently every store that had music in their PA system knew I was a Godzilla fan because they were all playing Godzilla by Blue Oyster Cult at one period or another while i was in said store. I had to resist the strong urge to dance and act like Godzilla at those moments. That was my favorite moment from my KC vacation.

... how would Godzilla dance

I've never had anything happen to me before but I heard a story about one of my friends who took a football from the toys section in wal-mart at 1 or 2 in the morning and launched it full force over an isle to an unknown part of the store. All they heard was a crash and they said they booked it out of the store.

A bomb exploded in a shop near a convenience store I was going to with the girlfriend. Police everywhere blocking the street, and we had to take a side alley (their coverage really sucked tbh, unless they were just trying to stop cars from driving through).
We still got slushies though, so yay.

And two weeks later I walked by, and there was a joint police/fire operation in the building on top of that same store (convenience, not the one that got bombed). There were about four fire trucks that time. Never figured out what they were doing.

Not really a wtf moment, but still pretty weird considering I live in a calm neighbourhood. That convenience was really unlucky.

Zrcalo

I STALK PRINCIPLES
I walked into walmart and this guy who was dressed like a mormon on sunday ran up to me and pointed to my vest (which has tons of band buttons/patches on it) and said "-that at least /someone/ here listens to good music" then proceeded to say how much he loved throbbing gristle and he was the manager for walmart.

it explains it why the only people working there are rivetheads and the elderly.

jcfynx

Banned
Banned
I got a quick BJ in the bathroom from one of the clerks at a gas station once.

I don't remember which gas station it was.

T

Tycho

Was in the checkout line at some retail giant store, serving in the capacity of beast-of-burden for my mother, and as the guy finishes bagging our purchase he says "You ladies have a nice day". For the first two seconds it didn't hit me that he had said "ladies", plural of "lady", as if he were addressing 2 women. Then the realization strikes me like a bolt of lightning and it was all I could do to keep from saying "What the fuck?" aloud. My mother thought it was funny as hell.

Now, I have a less-than-masculine voice, but seriously, what the fuck? I did not dress like a woman, I did not act like a woman, I DID NOT LOOK LIKE A WOMAN. This guy must have seen some really damn ugly women. (Which means it was probably a Wal-Mart, in retrospect)

Zrcalo

I STALK PRINCIPLES
Was in the checkout line at some retail giant store, serving in the capacity of beast-of-burden for my mother, and as the guy finishes bagging our purchase he says "You ladies have a nice day". For the first two seconds it didn't hit me that he had said "ladies", plural of "lady", as if he were addressing 2 women. Then the realization strikes me like a bolt of lightning and it was all I could do to keep from saying "What the fuck?" aloud. My mother thought it was funny as hell.

Now, I have a less-than-masculine voice, but seriously, what the fuck? I did not dress like a woman, I did not act like a woman, I DID NOT LOOK LIKE A WOMAN. This guy must have seen some really damn ugly women. (Which means it was probably a Wal-Mart, in retrospect)
I get mistaken for a man alot.

but...
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
woman.

Commiecomrade

Maximum Awesome.
Word to the wise: Don't wear a red polo while shopping at Target. Same thing goes for blue polos and Best Buy.

God, the entire Best Buy staff walks by me every time I look for something and asks if I need help... sometimes after they see some other employee get turned down.

T

Tewin Follow

Overhearing an elderly couple behind me in line at checkout discuss whether or not I was a boy or a girl when I was like 14.

Were they speaking in overly-loud voices over their buzzing hearing aids? And did you say anything?

EDIT: Oh and I was called "sir" by an American when working in a sports store. He made a face as though he MAY have realised his mist
ake, but didn't correct himself. :I

Last edited by a moderator:
2 things and honestly this actually happened. Once I found $5 on the same shelf where they keep the milk. Then there was that time at Best Buy which still makes me laugh, I was checking out Windows Vista on this laptop when nearby all of a sudden where a salesman had been trying to sell this customer a laptop it crashed. Blue screen of death time!!! But that wasn't all, almost at the same time this other computer no one else was around suddenly crash all on it's own. But that wasn't all, for less than a minute later the laptop I was looking at crashed as well.

Urbanwolf

Oh....well this isn't really a store per say. But on the escalators i had some guy my age stalk me. when i was going up he kept running back up to pass me again. and pretend that i didn't see him running past me.

Rytes

Click Here
a Couger fixed my right pant leg for me at a gas station for no reason, she didn't even say a word.

<CaliforniaStripes>

Form of a.. College Nerd!
I was at a Best Buy looking at the Anime section of dvds as i was reading the backs of them my former buds walked up behind me and scared the crap out of me and i let out a very loud and girly scream. to all those who have heard me scream or laugh i sound like a girl. anyways the whole best buy was silent for a few seconds after and i turned red and ran out of the store.

teh silver-wolf

Damn straight I'M better
God, the entire Best Buy staff walks by me every time I look for something and asks if I need help... sometimes after they see some other employee get turned down.

my god last time I went to best buy I wanted a copy of Left 4 Dead 2 PC version and he said they don't have it until I pointed to it and told him

T

Tycho

my god last time I went to best buy I wanted a copy of Left 4 Dead 2 PC version and he said they don't have it until I pointed to it and told him

You know, sometimes the boxes that they have out where you can see/touch them are empty, basically just placeholders. You take the empty box to the register, they pull the real game out of box or rack behind the register and ring it up for you. Just because you can "see it" doesn't mean they have it in stock.

It's to try and cut down on shoplifting.

Doppelganger#13

Old bitch ran over my foot with an electric cart on senior day at the grocery store.

At toys R us I came across a giant beetle probably from the pet store next door and I decided to run it over with a razor scooter.
Made a loud crunch and all this sick nasty shit exploded out of it, I was so disgusted I nearly puked.

I fell asleep in a dog bed at petco and was told to get the fuck out after this lady angrily asked me what the fuck I was doing and if I thought I was a dog.

Friends and I got stoned once and wandered around walmart after 1 am and the whole time we were fighting eachother with fake swords from the toy isle.
It's weird cause no one tried to stop us and we were making such a mess.

T

Tycho

I fell asleep in a dog bed at petco and was told to get the fuck out after this lady angrily asked me what the fuck I was doing and if I thought I was a dog.

damn furries

Friends and I got stoned once and wandered around walmart after 1 am and the whole time we were fighting eachother with fake swords from the toy isle.
It's weird cause no one tried to stop us and we were making such a mess.

It's Wal-Mart. They give free Coke to people who do stupid shit in the aisles.