• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The Whatever Chat

kogie

Suule said:
After Arcturus announced that Art_Fu is the FA successor many were fooled.
i am seeing that here and now alot has changed and many have been hurt by it

Suule

Well I'm still smiling, even if I was called: Nazi, Worthless Faggot, Dramamongler, Loser at the internet and all things like that. It was just bound to happen. And people with whom I keep contact are more concerned about if the sites will be running than the drama that has happened.

kogie

Suule said:
Well I'm still smiling, even if I was called: Nazi, Worthless Faggot, Dramamongler, Loser at the internet and all things like that. It was just bound to happen. And people with whom I keep contact are more concerned about if the sites will be running than the drama that has happened.
well if it is any cumfrt i willnot call you those things and u also can't wait for the sight to get backupand running

WHPellic

At the mention of a newer and better site, people will usually flock to it in masses. Same thing happened when FA was launched.

While AF might have better coders, security, etc., I really didn't like Arcturus's little posse (Arshes, Verix, Weasel, Noboyuki, etc.). They just seemed rather mean-spirited to me.

I think a lot of furry drama stems from "schadenfreude".

Schadenfreude is a German word meaning "pleasure in the misfortune of others".

It might not really be trolling, but it sure isn't respectful either.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
WHPellic said:
It might not really be trolling, but it sure isn't respectful either.

Well, they will do as they choose to. People have a right to choose, and if they choose one over the other... that's not really a concern. Variety, choice... fantastic options.

However, I think we (as a whole) should be more concerned about improving FA than worrying about the competition.

kogie

WHPellic said:
kogie said:
Suule said:
After Arcturus announced that Art_Fu is the FA successor many were fooled.
i am seeing that here and now alot has changed and many have been hurt by it

Why? What happened?
well think about it some joined for the art and posting theres and they don't want to move to anothr sight and they wish this one get back up to working and its bumming them out

Vaelen

Schadenfreude, what an interesting word indeed. *notes that*

Hello, I'm kinda new around here (please, don't flame me). Names Vaelen, call me Vae. ^^;;

Drakee

Not too much going on over here either, though im poking around IRC chat, but ive never used it before so i have NO idea how to register or anything, lol

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
Drakee said:
Not too much going on over here either, though im poking around IRC chat, but ive never used it before so i have NO idea how to register or anything, lol

/msg nickserv register password e-mail

That will allow you to register your nickname with the server. :)

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
Re: Well, this takes balls!!

Stallion said:
Has anyone seen this?

here: http://www.artfu.net/

Talk about copywrite infringment.....

Oh god, that music is painfully annoying.

Suule

That chiptune is raped from Amiga demos! Besides. I CAN PROGRAM A BETTER ONE IN ASSEMBLER! (And I'm going to)

Stallion said:
Has anyone seen this?

here: http://www.artfu.net/

Talk about copywrite infringment.....

Actually that logo technically belongs to I think it's Noboyuki who drew it originally, and he can do what he wants with it. Point's moot now anyways because the name is getting changed to something else. **shrugs** Besides, the logo was flipped over and colors changed to differentiate the site and in all actuality, all one has to do is change 10% of an art piece to not be "copyright infringment" anyways. I grew up with profecional artists including one who was featured in a Southwest Art Magazine in the early 80's. (And by professional artists I mean those who's works are mass produced in various sized prints and sold in galleries nation wide. I am an artist as well but by no means am I "professional". Heck, I barely qualify as an artist at all. Just look at my Icon. Ick.)

Preyfar said:
Oh god, that music is painfully annoying.

Actually, I don't usually have my speakers on so I dunno. I've heard it though. Not that bad and I think it's actually a slice of a song someone on that forum actually wrote. I know I've heard songs that sounded similar in parts or started in a similar way, but they're not coppied or ripped from each other. To me it sounds like something you'd find on something like Final Fantasy 2 or something like that. Blah... It's just a short looped slice anyways.

nobuyuki

the music is a nonliscensed ode to Makko by Zalza, both sceners

And yes, the logo is mine, and I'm free to use it how I please :3
Since the 'official officials' of FA didn't decide to use it, I decided it would get some use at AF. Since we're changing our name, it will probably be retired fairly soon.

alleycat009

10%?? Really... so if I were to take this full body picture of a naked chick, and change the face... (not the hair, but the face) to a fat guy's face, who has a goatee, and all... That's more than 10% isn't it? :p

Just an example, I'm never going to do anything of that nature, I don't like messing with photos.

C?lian

Just testing my sig, don't mind me.

BigTheCat2004

C?lian said:
Just testing my sig, don't mind me.

No problem. I really like your avatar. So your a Bat, hmm? ^.^

Well, nice to meet you. The name's Billy. But you can call me Angel if you wish. *Offers out hand to handshake ^^*

beatngu

i need more psycho!

:!: hello every body im new...but that is not the point! i was looking for some sweet pics of psycho the weasel on google then bam! today i finaly found one!so that is the best part but it just so happens that i cant get full size caz the site is messed up so im looking for the man who has him seems how psycho is my idol :twisted: