• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The Whatever Chat

Strangeguy32000

Dack Remus Applewold
And now: a word from your disgruntled neighborhood cashier;

An open register at 9:00 at night is a privilege, not a right. If my light is off, it's off for a reason. If I irritatedly wave you into my check lane, I'm either leaving soon, or I have to piss. Bitching about having to use the self-checkout just makes me want to come across the register and choke you with my apron (however ill-advised that may be). If you find yourself at night, unable to find an open check lane, either figure out how to operate a machine that tells you how to use it, or shop during the daytime like everyone else, you entitled prick.

Seriously, the U-Scan machines aren't that goddamn hard to use.

TheDukeofRawsome

Airship Gunner
2005 I was in 7th grade and still playing the saxophone avidly, still playing hockey (pre-tearing apart my shoulder), and had just achived my first-class scout rank in the BSA. Man....that was long ago.

Also, yes I agree, self-checkouts are not that hard to use. Only downside is when you want to buy alcohol

Strangeguy32000

Dack Remus Applewold
2005 I was in 7th grade and still playing the saxophone avidly, still playing hockey (pre-tearing apart my shoulder), and had just achived my first-class scout rank in the BSA. Man....that was long ago.

Also, yes I agree, self-checkouts are not that hard to use. Only downside is when you want to buy alcohol
Yeah, but in most cases, the SCO attendant is either too stupid or too stoned to care about carding and just 10150's it through.

TheDukeofRawsome

Airship Gunner
Yeah, but in most cases, the SCO attendant is either too stupid or too stoned to care about carding and just 10150's it through.
Lucky you, wherever you are. Ive been carded every time I use the self checkout. Honestly if i use the regular i tend not to get carded. But yeah, so it goes. Anywhoos, anyone have any suggestions for new ukulele songs? Im looking for something new to play

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
Ug, the self-checks where I go are a mess! I don't have a car, so go to this Safeway, a few blocks from here. It's always saying things like, 'Unexpected item in bagging area', when all that is there, is a bag. What do they expect in a bagging area??? Giant Dildos???

Then, it messes up on the things and says stuff like put the item in the bag, then remove the unexpected item, and then, put it back in, and then remove it...or, good luck with produce even being in the system! I've used ones that work better, but geez. I think a lot of it is that Safeway is just a shitty store, that's understaffed, and doesn't care a whole lot.

I think I might just start to have stuff delivered, and supplant that with the local farmer's market, 'cause between the long lines just to get to these malfunctioning machines and all the times the person has to come over and reset them, you can spend half a day in there.

xokux

The Awakened
Ug, the self-checks where I go are a mess! I don't have a car, so go to this Safeway, a few blocks from here. It's always saying things like, 'Unexpected item in bagging area', when all that is there, is a bag. What do they expect in a bagging area??? Giant Dildos???

Then, it messes up on the things and says stuff like put the item in the bag, then remove the unexpected item, and then, put it back in, and then remove it...or, good luck with produce even being in the system! I've used ones that work better, but geez. I think a lot of it is that Safeway is just a shitty store, that's understaffed, and doesn't care a whole lot.

I think I might just start to have stuff delivered, and supplant that with the local farmer's market, 'cause between the long lines just to get to these malfunctioning machines and all the times the person has to come over and reset them, you can spend half a day in there.
It sounds like the casual Walmart to be honest RIP
oh my god you don't have a car
I feel your pain </3

TidesofFate

Your friendly neighborhood Executioner
I once force choked my wife and then I got my limbs chopped off, which resulted in my body getting caught on fire. I was stuck in this suit as a result and I'm stuck as Palpatine's apprentice forever. After that, I was obsessed with finding Kenobi until I killed him. Then, I found out I had a son(see Star Wars(2015-) and Darth Vader (2015-) comics), then I cut his hand off in our duel in Bespin and he gets away from me, again. Life is hard, you know? *drinks beer*

Last edited:

xokux

The Awakened
I once force choked my wife and then I got my limbed chopped off, which resulted in my body getting caught on fire. I was stuck in this suit as a result and I'm stuck as Palpatine's apprentice forever. After that, I was obsessed with finding Kenobi until I killed him. Then, I found out I had a son(see Star Wars(2015-) and Darth Vader (2015-) comics), then I cut his hand off in our duel in Bespin and gets away from me, again. Life is hard, you know? *drinks beer*
LOL PLEASE

Strangeguy32000

Dack Remus Applewold

Your Safeway sounds like it's run by assholes.
I know at Kroger (the company I work for) in most cases, the SCO attendant can remotely override the "please remove the last item from the bagging area and scan it" message from their handheld unit. Unless it's the SCO machine itself that's malfunctioning, most things can be handled by the attendant.

xokux

The Awakened
And now: a word from your disgruntled neighborhood cashier;

An open register at 9:00 at night is a privilege, not a right. If my light is off, it's off for a reason. If I irritatedly wave you into my check lane, I'm either leaving soon, or I have to piss. Bitching about having to use the self-checkout just makes me want to come across the register and choke you with my apron (however ill-advised that may be). If you find yourself at night, unable to find an open check lane, either figure out how to operate a machine that tells you how to use it, or shop during the daytime like everyone else, you entitled prick.

Seriously, the U-Scan machines aren't that goddamn hard to use.
I know your pain.. I work at a grocery store sob
Called Market Basket

xokux

The Awakened
Tbh ok I'll leave a rant

People who shop at my damn store for example.
I once mentally cringed at this apparently 1980's slang...
Or 90's.. What happened was, I was doing something called break down, which is making sure the shelves are neat with two items pulled forward; and this lady comes up behind me and she's on the phone. I hear talking so I figure hey, she's on the phone right? :)

Well I was wrong, because then I hear, "Sir?" And I'm like,
"Oh.. Sorry.. I couldn't hear you, I thought you were talking on your phone.. BECAUSE SERIOUSLY
IF YOu are on your phone then I mean, I didn't want to be sorta rude or awkward, you know? So she got mad, scoffed at me and walked down the aisles and was like
"HMPH, teenagers.. They think they're all that and a bad of chips"
LOL
I'm crying.. It was amazing XD

But seriously though people get mad at me for things that aren't my fault; like ok sorry we don't have that item right now
ugh sorry
this rant.. It might be annoying I apologize if it is

Simo

I'd agree, working retail isn't easy. I feel your pain. And people seem to get particularly edgy and worked up around food, I've noted. I also used to wait tables, and there was always an aspect where people would snap, like dogs around a common food bowl. Seems to bring out something primal, almost, as if we were still hunting and gathering, or living in caves.

Strangeguy32000

Dack Remus Applewold
Tbh ok I'll leave a rant

People who shop at my damn store for example.
I once mentally cringed at this apparently 1980's slang...
Or 90's.. What happened was, I was doing something called break down, which is making sure the shelves are neat with two items pulled forward; and this lady comes up behind me and she's on the phone. I hear talking so I figure hey, she's on the phone right? :)

Well I was wrong, because then I hear, "Sir?" And I'm like,
"Oh.. Sorry.. I couldn't hear you, I thought you were talking on your phone.. BECAUSE SERIOUSLY
IF YOu are on your phone then I mean, I didn't want to be sorta rude or awkward, you know? So she got mad, scoffed at me and walked down the aisles and was like
"HMPH, teenagers.. They think they're all that and a bad of chips"
LOL
I'm crying.. It was amazing XD

But seriously though people get mad at me for things that aren't my fault; like ok sorry we don't have that item right now
ugh sorry
this rant.. It might be annoying I apologize if it is

I purposefully "forget" to ask customers for their discount card if they're on cell phone at my checkout.

If they can't be bothered to give me their attention while I'm giving them mine, I can't be bothered to remember to do my entire job.

Strangeguy32000

Dack Remus Applewold
Being a manager does not give you license to be an asshole.

So earlier, our new manager called me up to his office to tell me to stop juggling (which I do to get into a rhythm. And then only things that aren't breakable), but he worded it in probably the most condescending fashion I've ever heard. "If we need someone to entertain the kids, we'll let you know" "do you moonlight as a circus clown?" I don't often let words get to me, but that fucking hurt. You know, a job title doesn't guarantee you respect, you prick.

That pissed me off so bad, I rescinded an offer I made to another manager to promote Zootopia when it comes out on DVD. I was gonna dress up in my fursuit, and maybe pass out balloons or some such shit the day Zootopia came out, but if you don't want me entertaining our customers, you can go get dunked on, asshole.

xokux

The Awakened

So earlier, our new manager called me up to his office to tell me to stop juggling (which I do to get into a rhythm. And then only things that aren't breakable), but he worded it in probably the most condescending fashion I've ever heard. "If we need someone to entertain the kids, we'll let you know" "do you moonlight as a circus clown?" I don't often let words get to me, but that fucking hurt. You know, a job title doesn't guarantee you respect, you prick.

That pissed me off so bad, I rescinded an offer I made to another manager to promote Zootopia when it comes out on DVD. I was gonna dress up in my fursuit, and maybe pass out balloons or some such shit the day Zootopia came out, but if you don't want me entertaining our customers, you can go get dunked on, asshole.
im so sorry ;-; they may be a manager but helll they are not a good one smfh at heart they suck at their job
a good manager knows how to treat everyone </3 I hope things get better

-Sliqq-

Silo

StrangeFox, you're an interesting, little bugger aren't you?

People are suckers for "respect" when in actuality they're looking dead into the eyes of hate. Not envy. Not jealousy. Just pure hate.

It seems like managers want people to envy them, but just stress everyone and themselves out in the process. Hell, they can ruin a business in a heartbeat and it seems like he can start running into that path very soon.

If you need someone to dunk on him, I'll gladly get into a Sans costume and make sure my nuts sink into his eye sockets ;)

xokux

The Awakened
StrangeFox, you're an interesting, little bugger aren't you?

People are suckers for "respect" when in actuality they're looking dead into the eyes of hate. Not envy. Not jealousy. Just pure hate.

It seems like managers want people to envy them, but just stress everyone and themselves out in the process. Hell, they can ruin a business in a heartbeat and it seems like he can start running into that path very soon.

If you need someone to dunk on him, I'll gladly get into a Sans costume and make sure my nuts sink into his eye sockets ;)
I just imagined what that would be like LOL

Simo

OMG, I'm so excited! After I get outta work, I'm going to a furry con! It feels funny, to have all my stuff with me at work, but it's just a short Metro ride from here.

Gonna meet a few friends there I've chatted with online, and my mate will also join me, 'cause the lucky bastard doesn't even gotta work today! No fair!

I've only been to one con before, it was like a non-stop, insane, manic, drunken slumber party.

xokux

The Awakened
OMG, I'm so excited! After I get outta work, I'm going to a furry con! It feels funny, to have all my stuff with me at work, but it's just a short Metro ride from here.

Gonna meet a few friends there I've chatted with online, and my mate will also join me, 'cause the lucky bastard doesn't even gotta work today! No fair!

I've only been to one con before, it was like a non-stop, insane, manic, drunken slumber party.
Have fun !