• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The wisky

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
I'm not normally a whisky drinker but I have been known to enjoy Yukon Jack on the rocks.

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
What’s your drink of choice?
These days I mostly stick to Pinot Noir or sake for the simple reason that they're cheap and hard to overdo.

When I want a treat I'll either enjoy a Drumshanbo Gunpowder Irish Gin on the rocks or a Moscow Mule. For the latter I prefer Pinnacle Vodka mixed with Q Ginger Beer b/c it's not overly sweet and the inclusion of chili pepper extract gives it a refreshing bite.

Tacoshark

Defender of the Sacred Nuggs
Not a seasoned whiskey drinker but my favorite cocktail is the Old Fashioned. Highballs are also quite nice

Favorites are Glenlivet and Knob Creek

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
I like a good wine or mixed drink from time to time. Bloody Marry’s are great. Vodka, ginger beer and chili pepper huh? Any good?
I never liked Bloody Mary's. Tastes too much like V8!

And yes, I love the way I mix a Moscow Mule. The chili pepper extract is part of the Q Ginger Beer ingredient. That's why I'm so insistent on brand. Most ginger beers are syrupy sweet.

Saokymo

Art Cookie
If I’m drinking it straight: in a sniffer glass so I can sip at it for a bit, no ice; maybe a cola chaser depending on how smooth it is. I like Irish whiskeys, but otherwise have no specific brand preference.

If I’m drinking it mixed: just pour the shot into a cup of cola, coffee or hot chocolate and I’m good.

D

Deleted member 111470

Usually bourbon. Usually neat - no ice, no other drinks to down it with.
As for brands - if I can afford it - Maker's Mark. If not - Four Roses.

TemetNosce88

Technology won't save you
I don't really drink anymore, but when I did my preferred whiskey was Jameson or Bushmills with just a tiny drop of water in it.

Though, I do drink Jaeger now. does that count?

Kuuro

Hey man, look at me rocking out!
Depends. If it's good, on rocks. If not, I mix it in a glass of cold coke, which is most of the time because I'm a cheap ass

Sappho

Canis Centuarus
Straight or with cola

Kuuro

Hey man, look at me rocking out!
If I just have regular jack, I’ll mix it with Coke Zero. If it’s honey jack, sweet tea and lemon. Kind of a play on a hot toddy.
Ooh that sounds tasty. One my favorite mixed drinks a while back was Wild Turkey 101 with a good cream soda. But I usually could only have one or two because of all the sugar lol

Dempeets

Ooh that sounds tasty. One my favorite mixed drinks a while back was Wild Turkey 101 with a good cream soda. But I usually could only have one or two because of all the sugar lol
That sounds good too. I can’t have too much sugar anymore (diabeetus). So I avoid mix drinks as much as I can because a lot of them have sugary mixers. Unless we’re talking about bloody marys. I love those things.

Borophagus Monoclinous

The official prehistoric floofy woof of FAF

Wild Turkey is pretty good for the money. I just popped open a bottle of Wild Turkey Rye. Not bad.