• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The world's oldest profession: Should prostitution be legal?

Should prostitution be legal?

• Yes, with certain regulations (age, STD testing, &c.)

Votes: 20 95.2%
  • No!

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Yes, but only in certain areas/parts of a city or state

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
I've pondered this before, but having moved to Baltimore, where you see a lot of it, it dawned on me, the laws are not doing a whole lot to stop it.

Living in most any big city, you see prostitution going on all the time illegally, sometimes more visibly, sometimes more secretly (DC). It just gets controlled by gangs, shady pimps, and organized crime. It's a lot more dangerous than if it could be out in the open, like a normal business. So I'm in favor of having it made legal, and also having people be licensed/tested for STDs. You're certainly never going to stop it, and the way the laws are now, it's almost always the prostitute who suffers legally (generally women), while the customers (generally men) get off with light sentences, if anything.

I'm not sure what an ideal solution is, but if ya wanna provide sex for money, I don't think it should be a crime.

Thoughts? I suppose this is mainly for US and UK furs, as I'm not sure what the laws and customs are like in Europe, but I'm guessing: probably more relaxed, officially or unofficially.

Peaches-and-Dreams

The TRESH MEHN
In the uk (bar Northern Ireland) prostitution is in fact legal, but there are rules surrounding it, e.g. The age of consent in the uk is 16 but you can't sell sex until you are 18
Brothels/pimping are illegal
You can be arrested to having sex with a prostitute who was forced into it, by someone else even if the client did not know
Also you can't solicit in a public place or "curb crawl"
I'm obviously not a prostite but I think this system is more physically safe

Yes, it should be. Government has no right to dictate what consenting adults can or or cannot do.

Most people object to prostitution by saying "Oh, you shouldn't sell your body, eek so horrible!!" But they forget that working class men and women do the same thing everyday. If you're working for somebody, you're selling your body too; along with hours and hours of your preciously finite lifespan, all for a few bucks. So don't use that argument.

Note that I'm not advocating the act of prostitution, but rather the legality of it.

Somnium

The Sparklewolf
Banned
Maybe prostitution ban was worth it back in the old days when testing and treatment for STDs and birth control weren't so advanced, but now it's just an old law we need to let go.

Dandorm

Fahcs Lives!
Hmm, the act itself I don't think I have a problem with, I think it's more the kinda stereotypical world surrounding it like you explained @Simo (Controlled by gangs and stuff). I think it could work provided it ran like a business and less like a crime, so people wouldn't get hurt in the process (hopefully).

-Sliqq-

Silo
I think the idea of government-regulated prostitution would be hilarious(It would probably come out to this). Then to have it on their resume would add extra lols

The only reason I would want it to be legal is for the safety of the workers, which they're consistently getting into high-risk action.

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
I think the idea of government-regulated prostitution would be hilarious(It would probably come out to this). Then to have it on their resume would add extra lols

The only reason I would want it to be legal is for the safety of the workers, which they're consistently getting into high-risk action.

That is funny to ponder...

What could also prove comical would be govenrment appointed prostitutes, for the sexually unfortunate, kinda like court provided attorneys for those who can't afford legal defense.

Who knows, maybe with some small military cuts, we can have a whole army, male and female, ready to sexually satisfy the nation! They could even take volunteers, or, we could reinstate the draft...

L

Lasvicus

YASSSSSSSSSSS
But test dem dirty hoes, bruhhhh
Dat pussy betta be phresh, yoooo

Kioskask

Being 14, I don't know much about this subject but I will contribute anyways. I reckon it should be legal, but only with a number of rules like having to be of the correct age, needing proof that you are free of STDs and ect. Perhaps some sort of licence would work, idk.

Ricky

In the U.K. We count prostitution as part of our GDP like, okay government if you say so

You know, when FDR was president of the United States, one of the first things he did was have prohibition repealed. This created a million jobs and helped tremendously to pull us out of the Great Depression. When Obama was elected, I had hoped he would follow the same example and legalize weed, it already had the popular vote according to poles and would also "create jobs" even though half of those would only be on paper moving illegitimate domestic business to the legitimate world. Still, same effect.

Unfortunately he didn't have the balls, since he is a useless sock puppet like pretty much all politicians these days. Unemployment hasn't gotten any better, despite the way most statistics look since they ignore anyone unemployed for over two years. I still think that would help, and this would certainly bring another equally important economic resource to the table, as well.

XenoQc

Changing
It should be legal and controled by autorities. It is a natural act to fuck and it should not be illegal to pay for it

C

Chris-py

Prostitution is the oldest profession. It should be legal and men and women can name their price which also lets women make more than their counterparts who would usually get more in a traditional job.

L

Lasvicus

Affirmative action for males!!! :V
If men operated under the same general assumption as female supremacists (feminists) then we would be holding half naked protests and marches to demand equality in that job field xD

Ricky

If men operated under the same general assumption as female supremacists (feminists) then we would be holding half naked protests and marches to demand equality in that job field xD

Sounds good! Only thing: "half naked" in our case doesn't mean as much.

Unless of course, this refers to the other half, that I could see.