• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Theory as to why foxes are the most common fursona:

pikadill3

I would definitely agree that a lot of it is probably down to how foxes are portrayed in culture. They have a cultural significance, whereas most other animals don't or have minor significance in mainstream culture. Not to put any other animal down, but it just seems to be the reality of the situation lol.

Or it could just be because it sounds like "fucks". Makes sense to me ^_^

Machine

Shrieking Possum Queen
I would definitely agree that a lot of it is probably down to how foxes are portrayed in culture. They have a cultural significance, whereas most other animals don't or have minor significance in mainstream culture. Not to put any other animal down, but it just seems to be the reality of the situation lol.

Or it could just be because it sounds like "fucks". Makes sense to me ^_^
Dogs and horses have far more cultural significance than foxes.

pikadill3

Dogs and horses have far more cultural significance than foxes.

True. I was actually gonna mention those as well since they also happen to be really common fursonas. I think foxes have a balance of cultural significance as well as the mature yet cute look that appeals to a lot of people. Plus they seem to appeal to a lot of yiff fans.

That is an excellent question. Whenever random people see me drawing a wolf or whatever, they look at it and go, "OHMIGOD IT'S A FOX IT'S SO CUTE MURHH HURRHH DERRHH!" I wanna Falcon kick them in the face and then shove them off a mountain and into a sea of flying Ryhorns. And /then/ tell them it's not a fox, it's a wolf. Good lord. I mean yes, Foxes are cute and adorable, but I've always found wolves just to be much more graceful animals.

Then again, in Soviet Furry Fandom, Fox cuteness beat wolf! ...but since we aren't in Soviet Furry Fandom, Foxes lose to the wolves. Sorry xP.

Zan'theros

Fiery Wanderer

DeCatt

Parking Lot Enthusiast
Oh... so THAT'S what the fox says...
Dunno why, but that scream turns me on...

Oh if that got you randy wait till you hear the seductive bark of the Corgi!
[video=youtube;XfY9Dsg_DZk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfY9Dsg_DZk[/video]

F

FangWarrior

Oh if that got you randy wait till you hear the seductive bark of the Corgi!
[video=youtube;XfY9Dsg_DZk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfY9Dsg_DZk[/video]
Awww, wait... Did I just see that corgi lick that cats ass. XD The two shiba inu's in the back ground are pretty cute too.

Last edited by a moderator:

KyryK

Well...you tried
Banned
Oh... so THAT'S what the fox says...
Dunno why, but that scream turns me on...

I..um...w...what? How in the hell does that turn you on?

Mr. Jumps

Grungecat

90's Cat
I dunno, I've always loved foxes. I have one that hangs around my back yard, actually. I guess it's because they seem so playful and happy. I'm not sure it has much to do with Tails...I don't personally know anyone who likes Tails...

Zan'theros

Fiery Wanderer
I..um...w...what? How in the hell does that turn you on?
To put it in basic, easy-to-understand terms, my past experiences with sounds like that directed at me involved a cloaked sensual/erotic meaning. So hence, that fox's scream strikes a delightful chord deep within me.

Grungecat said:
I'm not sure it has much to do with Tails...I don't personally know anyone who likes Tails...

Dude, if I didn't like him, I wouldn't have bothered to find out his real name. ;P

Misomie

Lazy Artist
I dunno, I've always loved foxes. I have one that hangs around my back yard, actually. I guess it's because they seem so playful and happy. I'm not sure it has much to do with Tails...I don't personally know anyone who likes Tails...

I saw foxes running around on my graduation night. <3
Tails is one of my favorites. Especially when playing Sonic Riders. I'd give him the Grinding Skates and he'd beat anyone~ Jet was also pretty cool in that game. However, Zero Gravity made me gravitate more towards Blaze. She's pretty cool.

Grungecat

90's Cat
Now I've met a grand total of 2 Tails-loving people! But yeah, most foxes I've talked to will attribute their introduction to the fandom to Robin Hood. I was never much into Sonic stuff myself. The only Sega thing I had as a young lad was a Game Gear, and I only used it to play Power Rangers until it blew up.

DeCatt

Parking Lot Enthusiast
Tails and Robin Hood? BAH into the bin they go.
Star Fox master race reporting in.
1139563-snesstarfox.jpg

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
Clicked this expecting more Slutfox thread 3.0 stuff, see the cutest corgi vid.

I was pleasantly surprised.

KyryK

Well...you tried
Banned
To put it in basic, easy-to-understand terms, my past experiences with sounds like that directed at me involved a cloaked sensual/erotic meaning. So hence, that fox's scream strikes a delightful chord deep within me.
[/COLOR]

Um...ok then.

I would ask more but i'm afraid of the answers i'll get. :(

ChikaraWolf

I never had an attraction to Tails or any other Sonic character... Or, maybe just a little ;), but that's not what got me into foxes. I find them to be very majestic in their own and some of the fursonas I've seen are amazing. I mainly gained interested through Starfox as a kid and I never knew Tails was a fox haha, maybe a hybrid, but a fox? I wouldn't have guessed.

furriesrock

Agreed, canines seem pretty popular.. but to say 80% are foxes? I don't think so. I grew up playing Sonic and watched The Fox and the Hound at least a dozen times but that's not why I'm foxy.

Grungecat

90's Cat
Agreed, canines seem pretty popular.. but to say 80% are foxes? I don't think so. I grew up playing Sonic and watched The Fox and the Hound at least a dozen times but that's not why I'm foxy.

Soo......at the terrible risk of this question ending up going in a totally different direction.....why are you foxy?