• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Therians//Otherkin

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
I mean you know all about irrational belief, don't you Frank.
I just heard the irrational belief that belief is by definition irrational, so you could say I know SOMETHING about it yes

Funny, some people feel the same about gender-fluidity as well. Yet one is accepted and the other rejected for almost identical reasons. In both cases the person is just being who they are. Ah well, feel free to laugh and ridicule all you want, I'm comfortable with my feline soul and that's all that matters. <purrs softly>

Besides, opinions born out of ignorance mean absolutely squat anyway...nothing more and nothing less. <giggle-wink>
Imho the laughing and rediculing stems more from things like <giggles and bats his eyes bashfully> than anything else.

Fatal

My boyfriend TheFakeMechnik is the cutest bean
I am Otherkin! I am fictionkin of Yakko from the Animaniacs and Fatal Error Sans (that's why I call myself Fatal). I am a therian of a Swiss White Shepard Dog, a Arctic Fox, and a Norwegian Forest Cat. I am Coping'link of Michaelangelo/Mikey from ROTTMNT, Tom for Purple Sea (eddsworld au), and Po from Slendytubbies/Teletubbies.

justenoughlight

No. I did not. I was already otherkin and a furry before I joined here.
Okay, just wondering :) I was curious because you have so many kintypes and I’ve seen a lot of people who say they’re a whole bunch of kintypes to troll so I just have some trust issues lol
Sorry for doubting you, my friend!

Fatal

My boyfriend TheFakeMechnik is the cutest bean
Okay, just wondering :) I was curious because you have so many kintypes and I’ve seen a lot of people who say they’re a whole bunch of kintypes to troll so I just have some trust issues lol
Sorry for doubting you, my friend!
It's alright! Tbh, most of mine are psychological. Only 3 are spiritual. Those are my Swiss White Shepard Dog theriotype, my Yakko fictotype, and my Fatal Error Sans fictotype.

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
Imho the laughing and rediculing stems more from things like <giggles and bats his eyes bashfully> than anything else.

I sure hope so, because if so that would show that people here are open-minded to therians/otherkins.

Some people use emoticons, I like to go old-school and spell it out. Same deal I figure, but I gotta be me! <laugh>

Inafox

I think it's going to pretty natural for someone who wishes they were an animal to have a fursona, but that's not the deal with everyone.
But going on what I've seen described, therians see themselves "as" an animal, kith identify "with" something e.g. someone who is animal-hearted. While otherkin was a parallel subculture to therians that is more broader than just animals, usually it includes legendary creatures like dragons. Kith is a play on words with otherkin (kith and kin).

I think there's way more furries that fit under "kith" than "therian/otherkin".
Therian involves you more to identify as an animal; jst as otherkin usually identifies with creatures or people, but sometimes concepts which verges on kith at times.
Some therians consider animal-hearted kith to be a form of therian. So there's no set specific definition, but some are pretty fixed and gatekeep the terms.

So I'm not sure where exactly I'd consider myself entirely. I definitely enjoy identifying as a fox, even though it's affectionate.
The therian/otherkin community doesn't excite me because it's oriented around sharing it as an experience rather than the creativity or fun you can with furry activities.

I may call myself therian, kith, furry, animal-hearted, depending on how foxy or human I'm feeling : P

RachelTheFictionkin

Fictionkin & Soulbonder
I'm otherkin and fictionkin (plus a soulbonder). Rachel Gardner is my fictotype and I believe to be a deity (god). I never had a good experience in the alterhuman sub communities - I'm quite notorious to put it frankly. So, I tend to keep my distance from them. Only sticking to a few friends who are alterhuman and posting my alterhuman related content on my Tumblr blog, Twitter and Fur Affinity in general through my art.

I do not have a "fursona" per say. But I heavily associate my fictotype and kintype with my online persona.