• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

THEY TOOK THINGS TOO FAR THIS TIME...

FR0ST81T3

✨Non-Binary Transgender✨
the guy who made it made it specifically to commemorate Sword Art Online, apparently

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
Live footage of Raever:

Jgjqss7.gif

FR0ST81T3

✨Non-Binary Transgender✨
I honestly just can't believe people ACTUALLY think it's a good idea to make these.
Oh, you wouldn't be happy with 98% of medieval weaponry, then. This is pretty tame, to say the least.

FR0ST81T3

✨Non-Binary Transgender✨
Electric chair? Nah, I'll take the DeathVR any day.

FR0ST81T3

✨Non-Binary Transgender✨
Imagine being able to choose how you die though?
I talk about this a lot with my partner irl, about how there's a difference between natural deaths and unnaturally natural deaths. Like personally, I'd love to just have a heart attack on a roller coaster and call it a life, but very rarely I'll give the thought to some adventurous thing like scaling an active volcano; something "dangerous"

The whole VR headset idea would make THOSE kinds of deaths less painful and more dignifying than the first idea, considering it's just an electric shock to the brain pretty much?

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
Death by snu snu!

YEEEEEEES

I talk about this a lot with my partner irl, about how there's a difference between natural deaths and unnaturally natural deaths. Like personally, I'd love to just have a heart attack on a roller coaster and call it a life, but very rarely I'll give the thought to some adventurous thing like scaling an active volcano; something "dangerous"

The whole VR headset idea would make THOSE kinds of deaths less painful and more dignifying than the first idea, considering it's just an electric shock to the brain pretty much?

1. I adore this depth
2. It'd definitely make things more accessible which is where we get into the philosophy of-...things I'm not sure if they're allowed on FA tbh

Baron Tredegar

Master of Forgotten Lore
Imagine using this to play Lego Star Wars and the last thing you hear in life is Lego Yodas death sound.

FR0ST81T3

✨Non-Binary Transgender✨
YEEEEEEES

1. I adore this depth
2. It'd definitely make things more accessible which is where we get into the philosophy of-...things I'm not sure if they're allowed on FA tbh
Ah yes, the good ol' Kevorkian trial that brings up those kinds of subjects.

I think this WOULD loosely classify as a Kevorkian derived idea, I guess?

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
Ah yes, the good ol' Kevorkian trial that brings up those kinds of subjects.

I think this WOULD loosely classify as a Kevorkian derived idea, I guess?

It'd have to fall under that eventually.
Granted I'm 99% sure the article is a joke and not meant to be taken seriously.
But if something like the above was made, and people did intentionally use them for that prospect then it'd certainly fall under the assisted suicide handle and many, many lawsuits would become a thing. Now, whether using a company's product such as a game where you have the option to avoid death and accidentally die is assisted suicide or just plain murder is a whole other can of worms. Again, I'm actually not sure how much of this would be allowed in discussion here because I don't want to upset/trigger anyone outright...but it is a very interesting take on the topic given how many nuances would be in place with such a scenario.

Woozle

Honey, you should see me in a crown.
It'd have to fall under that eventually.
But if something like the above was made, and people did intentionally use them for that prospect then it'd certainly fall under the assisted suicide handle and many, many lawsuits would become a thing. Now, whether using a company's product such as a game where you have the option to avoid death and accidentally die is assisted suicide or just plain murder is a whole other can of worms. Again, I'm actually not sure how much of this would be allowed in discussion here because I don't want to upset/trigger anyone outright...but it is a very interesting take on the topic given how many nuances would be in place with such a scenario.

I'm triggered.

My life is so tortured that my parents are helping me to contact dignitas for assisted suicide in Switzerland. They can't help me in any other way. I want to stop.

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
I'm triggered.

My life is so tortured that my parents are helping me to contact dignitas for assisted suicide in Switzerland. They can't help me in any other way. I want to stop.

I almost thought you were my SO because they're a weasel and I call them Woozle literally all the time XD
Also, I-...I can't tell if you're joking or not. x_x;;;

FR0ST81T3

✨Non-Binary Transgender✨
The person who wants to build this headset should try it on themselves first to make sure it works. What a shithead.
Did anyone ever actually read the articles to know WHO "built" it, anyway?

"Oculus co-founder Palmer Luckey has made the concept real....(cont.)" (Direct quote) Source: ArsTechnica

ConorHyena

From out of the rain.

"At this point, it is just a piece of office art, a thought-provoking reminder of unexplored avenues in game design," Luckey wrote. "It is also, as far as I know, the first non-fiction example of a VR device that can actually kill the user. It won't be the last."

The article isn't the joke, the VR headset is.

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
"At this point, it is just a piece of office art, a thought-provoking reminder of unexplored avenues in game design," Luckey wrote. "It is also, as far as I know, the first non-fiction example of a VR device that can actually kill the user. It won't be the last."

The article isn't the joke, the VR headset is.

Accurate.

Vanessa Howl

Damsel Of Darkness
Not possible. Or to put it another way: not legal.

A headset that gives you lights shocks i can see, but no way in all hell would any government allow it to KILL you (or if they did, it sure as hell wouldn't be something the public could just buy).