• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Thin Lizzy...

The Walkin Dude

Now with 20% more boring...
One of the greatest bands ever...

Don't even try to dispute it, you can't.

And don't even bother posting anything here about that overplayed classic rock crap you little furfags like so much, you can stick that garbage right up your ass for all I care, it makes me want to throw up in my lap.

Lasair

Has World-Cup fever.
R.I.P Phillo, a great musician, and a great Irishman, taken well before his time.

Thin Lizzy have to be one of the greatest bands of all time, their songs were killer.
i cant help but feel good when i hear songs like Jailbreak, Emerald and especially Dancing In The Moonlight!

They will never be replaced, they are legends. simple as that.

Dass

public class Dass
I'll dispute whatever I damn well want to.

This isn't on that list, as I've only heard one of their songs.

Shay Feral

Child of Babylon
Thin Lizzy is an okay band, not my favorite but certainly more worthy of a listen over these new rock bands. One of their guitarists, John Sykes, performed in my favorite band "Whitesnake" from 1984 till about 1988 I think.

"Jail Break" and "The boys are back in town" are the only songs I really know from Thin Lizzy.

The Walkin Dude

Now with 20% more boring...
I'm not sure which surprises me more:
The fact that I don't even remember posting this, or that the thread wasn't completely ignored.

However...

R.I.P Phillo, a great musician, and a great Irishman, taken well before his time.
Thin Lizzy have to be one of the greatest bands of all time, their songs were killer.
i cant help but feel good when i hear songs like Jailbreak, Emerald and especially Dancing In The Moonlight!
They will never be replaced, they are legends. simple as that.

I couldn't phrase it any better.

I make it a point to have a drink in Phil's memory while listening to their music, so I'm drunk quite often. The man had such a way with words, not to mention he was a damn good musician to boot.

S&M, Romeo and the Lonly Girl, Suicide, and Leave This Town, are some of my favorites, although I love far too many of them to list here.

And if you haven't heard Mastodon's cover of Emerald, it's definately worth hearing.

Thin Lizzy is an okay band, not my favorite but certainly more worthy of a listen over these new rock bands. One of their guitarists, John Sykes, performed in my favorite band "Whitesnake" from 1984 till about 1988 I think.

"Jail Break" and "The boys are back in town" are the only songs I really know from Thin Lizzy.

This is both a blessing and a curse:

They are the only two songs that really get any airplay (a shame), but that just means that all of their other songs haven't been forced into your ears to the point you don't want to listen to them.

If you like Sykes' guitar work, then listen to any of the above mentioned songs. You might consider them more than just an okay band afterward.