• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Things in video games that annoy the @#%$ out of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mokura

Fur and Freedom Fighter
Older games you can't play on newer PCs without scouring the internet looking for a patch...

especially if you can't even get it to install...

How old are we talking? DOSBox runs a hell of a lot of old games admirably.

Teco

Informal Formalist
And I would also like to add that throwing an incendiary grenade at a spawn point is just another way to spawn camp. Even with your three seconds of god mode after respawn [and this is in Combat Arms btw] you cant run out of the fire fast enough to not lose HP.

I hate people who camp..because they dont realize they're wasting time in a corner instead of having fun in a game AND getting a better score. What are they afraid of. Its a game. And I would rather not have that god mode in combat arms. Thats another annoying thing. Or atleast turn it off when the guy starts firing back at you after he spawns infront of you. *shuns developers*

SuperSwede88

May The Horse Be With You!
People who take games too seriously, I mean I was playing Halo 3 the other day and a guy was scorching and yelling at me and my other teammate because we died all the time...

I just laughed at him though :p

Kajet

How old are we talking? DOSBox runs a hell of a lot of old games admirably.

Around the win 95 area, I've been having trouble with the original version of Lego Creator... yeah... >_>;;;

Also I rather dislike the term "sandbox game" it doesn't quite make sense to me.

T

Tycho

Someone once told me that Win95 games could be effectively run on DOSBox. Anyone know anything about that, or is it rubbish?

Armaetus

Nazis, Communists and Antifa don't belong on FA
Bosses/Rivals in games that keep coming back, no matter how many times you've kicked their ass *Looks at Bass*

Ultros... :mad:

Oh thats what I forgot to put in my review. That lines are god awfully repeated.

It's much more tolerable if you scout around on the Stalker Filefront page for the Russian audio pack.

Last edited:

WhiteHowl

Procrastination is cool~*
Lack of common sense within existing characters.

Case in point FFVIII

Beastcub

Oh thats what I forgot to put in my review. That lines are god awfully repeated.

my sister likes to play zoids battle legends....i force her to put it on mute man because there is only so many times i can hear "grrrrr you got me!!!" before i fricken go batshit insane!!!!
the characters repeat the same few lines over and over as you play, and the music is no help.

okay the most annoying thing ever has to be a fatal glitch.
for instance:
i am lucky enough to have avoided it but in twilight princess if you save and stop while in the room you found the ginat cannon in you are STUCK with no way out, even though the guy is gone midna still thinks he is there and will not let you transform into a wolf to get out, you cannot get out on your own and even killing yourself does not work as the game starts over in this room. worst of all this happens really late in the game and even the debugging team cannot find a way to get out of this glitch once stuck.
shit if that had happened to me i would be in a fetal position rocking back and forth beating the controllers.

Hakar Kerarmor

PRAISE THE EMPEROR
The fact that in the new Colonization pressing 'B' will instantly and irrevocably place a settlement in the tile your unit is in, even if said unit is a group of two dragoons and a cannon right outside a native village.

Seas

a sentient shade of teal
*That* part of the game where they TAKE AWAY ALL YOUR STUFF
Seriously, what the hell were the designers thinking when they decided they put in a part where almost everything you have collected with long hard work just disappears. ffffffffffff
Luckily, I almost always find some way to bypass the event ;D

Also, ammunition-scavenger-simulation games.
"No, damnit, I won't throw away my p90 to use that shitty AK for the majority of the rest of the game just because there's ammo only for that *activates unlimited ammo cheat*(Farcry, for example)" Well, basically, these are the only cases where I use cheats. If the designers find it funny to annoy players, I dont care, I'll then play with my own ules ;D

Range

Round D O G E
When they remake a game, and change stuff.

Disgaea Hour of Darkness and Disgaea DS for example. They changed the voices of prinnies and Etna, and the prinnies also say "Here!" more than "Dood!"

Rayne

Get out of here, stalker!
*That* part of the game where they TAKE AWAY ALL YOUR STUFF
Seriously, what the hell were the designers thinking when they decided they put in a part where almost everything you have collected with long hard work just disappears. ffffffffffff
Luckily, I almost always find some way to bypass the event ;D

Amazingly, that didn't annoy me at all the two times it happened in Clear Sky. Actually scared the living piss out of me running out of a house and seeing 10 guys with AK-47s pointed at me screaming at me to hold still while they mug my ass.

LordWibble

Also, ammunition-scavenger-simulation games.
"No, damnit, I won't throw away my p90 to use that shitty AK for the majority of the rest of the game just because there's ammo only for that *activates unlimited ammo cheat*(Farcry, for example)" Well, basically, these are the only cases where I use cheats. If the designers find it funny to annoy players, I dont care, I'll then play with my own ules ;D

I can see where your coming from for straight-up FPSs, but scavenging and careful resource management is an integral part of survival horror. See; Resident Evil, STALKER.

Teco

Informal Formalist
Amazingly, that didn't annoy me at all the two times it happened in Clear Sky. Actually scared the living piss out of me running out of a house and seeing 10 guys with AK-47s pointed at me screaming at me to hold still while they mug my ass.

Im alittle ways from that part. Oh that was a fun one. Went straight off to kill those suckers. Wasnt too hard on Master difficulty, annoying it might have been to run all the way there, it kinda makes sense. Atleast those bandits had some smarts to set traps like that eh?

Rayne

Get out of here, stalker!
Im alittle ways from that part. Oh that was a fun one. Went straight off to kill those suckers. Wasnt too hard on Master difficulty, annoying it might have been to run all the way there, it kinda makes sense. Atleast those bandits had some smarts to set traps like that eh?

Yeah. I only had a pump action and a Browning HP on me, though, so I would've gotten wasted pretty quickly if I'd fired at them. The
flashbang trap in the Garbage when I was chasing after Fang
had me pissed off as I totally wasn't expecting that.

Of course, naturally, I joined the bandits after running through the Agroprom underground. :3

A

ArcanumWolf

Teleport mazes. They're annoying wastes of time that shouldn't even exist.

DemonOftheFall19

I know that I know nothing
Unexpected interactive cut scenes of the Resident Evil 4 variety. Don't get me wrong, love the game, freaked me out hardcore.

Teco

Informal Formalist
Unexpected interactive cut scenes of the Resident Evil 4 variety. Don't get me wrong, love the game, freaked me out hardcore.

xD You mean you had a...

Oh.. lookit those infected villagers up there. Hm, what are they doing I wonder. *sits back and watches the little cutscene, putting controller down* Oh they gots them a plank.. what.. what are they doing to that boulder..? *Press A+B* F***! *flings controller trying to pick it up, boulderboulderboulderroll!* NO! You.. are dead. .. type of situation?

Kajet

The prices, Sure $50 isn't bad for say... UT04 since I've played it A LOT but if the game blows donkey kong sized chunks.

ESPECIALLY if it's a PC game and you CAN'T return it. About all you can to is abandon it at a used book store and get a couple bucks out of it..

Ironclaw

When you pay outrageous sums of money for a game/console, then when you get an online game you must pay a subscription fee. COME ON! I just want to play a few rounds of this game with my frend. I am not going to pay just for a few games! Expecaly when I had to pay upwords of $199-499 For a console and $50 for a game.

Ironclaw

xD You mean you had a...

Oh.. lookit those infected villagers up there. Hm, what are they doing I wonder. *sits back and watches the little cutscene, putting controller down* Oh they gots them a plank.. what.. what are they doing to that boulder..? *Press A+B* F***! *flings controller trying to pick it up, boulderboulderboulderroll!* NO! You.. are dead. .. type of situation?

What's really bad is if you play the game for the first time, are impatient, skip it, and you get some kind of jump up "BOO" kind of death. I saw my brother go into shock when this happened. He's still not over it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.