• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Things in video games that annoy the @#%$ out of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That fixed camera crap from most newer adventure games. Yes, it's very cinematic and I'm impressed... NOW LET ME SEE WHAT THE FUCK I'M GETTING KILLED BY! :mad:

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
-bad cameras
-quick time events
-bugs, glitches and crashs
-a ridicolous storyline
-bad friendly AI

Kuekuatsheu

-Computerplayers in Mario Party

there were alot of WTF moments when 2 friends and I played tonight

-well, it's not really a game, but what you need to play the game, the disc
my Brawl disc is now completely fucked up, there are no scratched but my friend said the disc was overheated

DragonRift

Space Invader
People who willfully play on PvP servers, yet bitch about being ganked by the opposing players. If you don't like being attacked at random, then PvP isn't meant for you. Either get some balls, level up and fight back... or take your character to a PvE server.

It's like someone taking a vacation in Southern California during the summer, and bitching about how hot it is. Or building your house near an airport, and then pissing and moaning about how noisy the planes are. No tissues you for folks. Cry on someone else's shoulder.

DragonRift

Space Invader
To much talk/cut scenes really bug me...

Well, I can sorta agree with you on that. I, for one, enjoy cutscenes as long as they're engaging and keep the story going. However, some developers seem to find it necessary to make them 100% unskippable! Especially in RPGs where the last save point is before a giant, climactic battle. If you die, you get to watch the whole thing all over again.... and again and again. ~_~

An option to "skip" the segment needs to be required for all games that have lengthy cinematics/text-based scenes.

reian

'ample breasted'
Well, I can sorta agree with you on that. I, for one, enjoy cutscenes as long as they're engaging and keep the story going. However, some developers seem to find it necessary to make them 100% unskippable! Especially in RPGs where the last save point is before a giant, climactic battle. If you die, you get to watch the whole thing all over again.... and again and again. ~_~

An option to "skip" the segment needs to be required for all games that have lengthy cinematics/text-based scenes.
I can agree with you on that...Kinda like the most recent Prince of Persia...it saves right before the ending and you can go back before that point or even continue from that save file after the credits...

I could never finish a Final Fantasy game in less then six months cause I would get bored with the movie aspects...*snore* I just want to slash/shot at things...

Daniel Kay

Scalie love

Hell they have taken "long cutscenes" to the extreme and actually added SAVE POINTS in cut scenes, longest i ever heard off has 4 save points

Daniel Kay

Scalie love
What game is this so I know not to play it? *tries to think of all the games at work that this might happen in and all of them seem to be put out by SE*

Cant find it anymore, there was a entry on TV Tropes, i think it was in "unskipable cutscenes" but seems like the whole topic was removed or merged with another one

Game breaking glitches that have no reason to be there. Ugh. Here's looking at you Fable 2. I wasn't aware I had to be present for every bit of information on my second play through. Hooray for being permanently stuck in the storyline!

Bad cameras, poor targeting systems, and terrible love stories also get to me. The love story in FF8 killed it for me.

T

Tycho

Bad cameras, poor targeting systems, and terrible love stories also get to me. The love story in FF8 killed it for me.

The love story killed it for you? As opposed to the unlikable characters, the asinine plot...

Starwind87

Players that annoy the @#%$ of me in Team Fortress 2:

-When you get on a server only to find a demoman and a pyro inside your spawn base throwing bombs and spawn-camping, or see a sniper floating 20 feet in the air thanks to the hackers. (This is on the PC, fyi, and i'm pretty sure the servers where this happens aren't VAC-secured or whatever that is)

-When I'm trying to heal a Demoman or a soldier and they blow themselves OUT of range of the medgun and then yell at me for not healing them.

-when I get yelled at for not healing a pitfall.

-When demomen and soldiers blowthemselves up at red health when I'm trying to heal them.

-When I invuln a scout to cap the control point or move the payload and then he takes out his bat, runs OFF THE STUPID CONTROL POINT, and then proceeds to Leeroy the engineers.

-When I move the invuln on a heavy instead and the Leeroy scout gets blown up, he yells at me for taking it off.

-WHen I invuln someone on Payload and they start Leeroying.

-Healing Scouts. HOLD STILL DAMMIT!!!!!

Just a side note, you don't capture control points or move the payload while uber'd. The point of an uber is to go "leeroy" on sentry guns, or other players if there are none, to clear everything out so you and your team can cap the point/move the payload after.

T

Tycho

Here's a gripe. NPCs that are constantly trying to get you to buy their crappy items. They beg you to buy it off of them and then don't even knock down the price any. Fucking bitches, you're in an all supply no demand market, you're asking for fucking CHARITY, and you have the gall to demand full price? Suck my dick, bitch.

Yes, I'm talking about all the little fucking Jew-animals in Animal Crossing. Fuckers.

Daniel Kay

Scalie love
On the topic of prices in games i HATE the old "buy expencie, sell cheap" thing most games do where you can only sell items dramaticly undrepriced but have to buy them hellishly overpriced... worst offender so far is S.T.A.L.K.E.R. where is has a 1:10 ratio for most objects, for bandages even a 1:30 ratio... i can understand that they want to add some pressure on the player but SUCH price differences are ridiculess

It's even more ridiculess that they keep popping up in sandbox RPGs where you have a lot of traders and some even specialized on certain stuff and STILL they all act the same way, they could at least balance some "offer and demand" balance where you can get best price if you know where to buy and sell what objects.. TES at least allowed you to barter for prices and gain favour of the traders for that but they still played the same game

Buuuutttt on the other hand money in a lot of those games is fairly useless, in oblivion (ugh still dont like the game really though :p) you could at least buy houses which you couldnt just take... but then again you could just "clear out" a house and take THAT

One thing that should be added in many games that claim sandbox features should be beeing able to play thorugh it WITHOUT beeing a MASS MURDERER... i'm not pointing to morality and such but honestly can you name a (sandbox) game where you can get through without killkillkillkill... i can only name Deus Ex (possibly to beat with only one INDIRECT kill, thorugh some exploiting skipping even that) and Fallout but otherwise no matter if you play warrior, thief or mage in the end you're a mass murdering psycho

Ashkihyena

Back off man, I'm a scientist
On the topic of prices in games i HATE the old "buy expencie, sell cheap" thing most games do where you can only sell items dramaticly undrepriced but have to buy them hellishly overpriced... worst offender so far is S.T.A.L.K.E.R. where is has a 1:10 ratio for most objects, for bandages even a 1:30 ratio... i can understand that they want to add some pressure on the player but SUCH price differences are ridiculess

It's even more ridiculess that they keep popping up in sandbox RPGs where you have a lot of traders and some even specialized on certain stuff and STILL they all act the same way, they could at least balance some "offer and demand" balance where you can get best price if you know where to buy and sell what objects.. TES at least allowed you to barter for prices and gain favour of the traders for that but they still played the same game

Buuuutttt on the other hand money in a lot of those games is fairly useless, in oblivion (ugh still dont like the game really though :p) you could at least buy houses which you couldnt just take... but then again you could just "clear out" a house and take THAT

One thing that should be added in many games that claim sandbox features should be beeing able to play thorugh it WITHOUT beeing a MASS MURDERER... i'm not pointing to morality and such but honestly can you name a (sandbox) game where you can get through without killkillkillkill... i can only name Deus Ex (possibly to beat with only one INDIRECT kill, thorugh some exploiting skipping even that) and Fallout but otherwise no matter if you play warrior, thief or mage in the end you're a mass murdering psycho

Yeah, that price thing pops in Spore alot as well, got to collect spice and sell it high, buy it low, that kinda crap.

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon
Just a side note, you don't capture control points or move the payload while uber'd. The point of an uber is to go "leeroy" on sentry guns, or other players if there are none, to clear everything out so you and your team can cap the point/move the payload after.

>.< I should have just ubered the heavy so he could kill people.

LordWibble

That fixed camera crap from most newer adventure games. Yes, it's very cinematic and I'm impressed... NOW LET ME SEE WHAT THE FUCK I'M GETTING KILLED BY! :mad:

You sure you're not talking about survival-horror or RPGs there? Basically the only genres that still use fixed camera angles. You're certainly not talking about adventure games because:

a) The fixed angle is necessary for the player to be able to see everything they need to clearly.

b) If an adventure game is remotely well-designed, death is an impossibility.

c) There's no such thing as a new adventure game :(

scythemouse

Not a computer peripheral
Retarded HitBox, like the one in css, wich are 1-2feet behind you when you walk
(Though i love css XD)

Or two feet below you when you're not even moving. You know how many headshots to the chest I've made in TF2?

Status
Not open for further replies.