• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Things in Video Games you Hate

sausy1

i'm fine
When a game has great game feel, but not good motivation to take advantage of it, or vice versa.
Sorry, that had more to do with the technical side of game design, but this can seriously ruin a game.
I'm studying game design for career building by the way. =)

Speratic

Don't mind me, just lurking
This is why I hated Fable 3.
As someone who has a hard time being a bad guy in games, I literally couldn't not choose to bring my pupper back. Didn't even care that I also got to have my sister again. Give me back my freaking dog!

As someone who hates Skyrim, I really hate how it impacted RPGs. Now all any game wants to be is *insert title here* Skyrim. Has to be overly bloated, filled with pointless side quests, and the biggest open world map that takes you way too long to travel around just for the sake of saying you can. I'm a simple girl. Just give me games like the newest God of War or even like Dragon Age: Origins.

Also for the love of god devs PLEASE GIVE US BETTER FEMALE HAIRSTYLES! Not every girl wants to have short pixie cuts that make us look badass and masculine. I want more long hair options that aren't ponytails, a single braid, or long messy hair with bangs. Get more creative!

And give us better armor while you're at it.

ben909

vaporeon with Axolotl gill array as neck fin
Can i put 10+ games that all feel like every different serries from the past 20 years putting their characters in an example for a new feature in an unreal engine update(or a different game engine $

D

Deleted member 134556

As someone who has a hard time being a bad guy in games, I literally couldn't not choose to bring my pupper back. Didn't even care that I also got to have my sister again. Give me back my freaking dog!

As someone who hates Skyrim, I really hate how it impacted RPGs. Now all any game wants to be is *insert title here* Skyrim. Has to be overly bloated, filled with pointless side quests, and the biggest open world map that takes you way too long to travel around just for the sake of saying you can. I'm a simple girl. Just give me games like the newest God of War or even like Dragon Age: Origins.

Also for the love of god devs PLEASE GIVE US BETTER FEMALE HAIRSTYLES! Not every girl wants to have short pixie cuts that make us look badass and masculine. I want more long hair options that aren't ponytails, a single braid, or long messy hair with bangs. Get more creative!

And give us better armor while you're at it.
I agree. It’s not practical or creative for game creators to only give female characters armor that’s sexually revealing instead of more protective armor that would be useful in real life circumstances.

Baalf

Will accept free hugs and tummy rubs.
Games, usually RPGs, that take place in a fantasy universe with the possibility of hundreds of different creatures and playable characters, but every last playable character and goodguy is human while the villains actually take advantage of that world of possibilities by being hundreds of different creatures.

Netanye Dakabi

people call me queen
Banned
Games, usually RPGs, that take place in a fantasy universe with the possibility of hundreds of different creatures and playable characters, but every last playable character and goodguy is human while the villains actually take advantage of that world of possibilities by being hundreds of different creatures.
oh ho ho my friends has an rpg you'd love lol.

pity it doesn't work anymore thanks to the Adobepocalypse.

ben909

That or a stealth mission. (Even worse both at the same time.)

migut extend that, stealth missions in a stright foward shoot everything game...

and non stealth missions in games ment to be a stealth game

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
-Oversized weapons. They're not "cool", they make you look stupid even if your character is supposed to be incredibly strong.
-Endless, repetitive banter
-Lootboxes
-"Sequels" that are just the same story all over again except a few plot points are different or expanded upon.

ben909

Games that seem to have to scramble to incorporate every single new feature of a game engine update even when it makes no sense, every new game fells the same

Punji

Vaskebjørn
"Random probability" that isn't random at all. Games like Fireaxis' XCOM, XCOM 2, and Rimworld are very heavily guilty of this.

70% chance to hit? Miss. Savescum that shot literally 30 times in a row, it will miss literally 30 times in a row. Take a similar shot on the same target with someone else, miss. Suddenly that 70% chance to hit will actually hit.

Rimworld is even worse. That pirate raider is missing an arm, bleeding to death from it, and is high on meth with a 2% chance of hitting my colonist? Well he's going to hit more times than my guy will with a 20% chance. (At least a part of this problem is due to bullets heading towards the spaces behind the person and being "interrupted" by the target, resulting in a "miss" that hits anyway.)

At what point does it stop being a fight about tactics and starts being a combat resource management game where the player lines up a sacrificial pawn to take hits for the rest of the team?

ZeroVoidTime

Roguelikes I greatly prefer to have the same loadouts when playing through a game and not lose progression after failing a run. (However, I do like the roguelite video game Hades as it has a good a progression system and really good story.)

TyraWadman

The Silent Observer
When you can't skip dialogue/cutscenes. Or if you need to pause, it skips over the scene instead of pausing.

When the best/only way to enjoy the game is to have friends.

Tutorials so in-depth that is tells you how to use the A/interact button in every instance.

Not being able to romance the characters I actually think are cool and having the story push/force you towards the icky ones.

Balskarr

The Lurking Hooman
Multiplayer games where I'm punished for other people's mistakes. It's why I don't typically get along with MMOs too well.

There is nothing more frustrating than kicking all the asses before suddenly looking at some sort of death screen and seeing that one or more (usually more) people were not pulling their own weight and now you have failed through no fault of your own.