• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Things that irk you!

PlusThirtyOne

What DOES my username mean...?
Windows 7.
Still better than 8. Once i got used to 7, it grew on me. My favorite feature post XP is the Start bar's super helpful search function.

On topic: The price of healthcare in the US. i don't even know why i'm paying for health insurance. My deductible and premiums are so fucking high, the ONLY way i'd save any money by having it would be if i made ER visits a bi-monthly event.

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
Still better than 8. Once i got used to 7, it grew on me. My favorite feature post XP is the Start bar's super helpful search function.

On topic: The price of healthcare in the US. i don't even know why i'm paying for health insurance. My deductible and premiums are so fucking high, the ONLY way i'd save any money by having it would be if i made ER visits a bi-monthly event.
What irks me is not only giving more for insurance each month than a number of people make (three people, $1,700 USD), my employer has the gall to tell us we cannot purchase insurance elsewhere! Yeah! This is Kaiser Permanente, probably a Platinum Plus-Plus-Plus level that you can't even get through Covered California or ObummerCare. It is also the cheapest our employer offers.

So, it's not cheap but I guess it has its upside. I can go to the emergency room, then get admitted to the hospital and it will cost me zip. If they don't admit me, it's $50 USD for whatever care I need. My co-worker, who flaunts the "no outside insurance" rule had to go to the hospital ER, then a night in the hospital. After his Bronze level insurance paid their part, it left him with a $4,000 USD bill to figure out how to pay off. And somehow, our HR department found out about it and wants him on our insurance ASAP. :eek:

I really think health insurance in the US of A is a big, effing racket. That irks me to no end.

C

chaos_1152

Reddit is probably high my irk list. 80% of the site is either garbage or just really toxic and immature were discussions rarely happen. I just re-read my rage quit at /r/Furry i got two users calling me a butthurt Bernie supporter yet I'm not american.

/r/Buildapc is probably the only help forum were users will attack you if you disagree on the help or question it. Like there insistence on crapping on builds that use a disc drive or user has a 1080p monitor with there 1070/1080. That also includes them getting snippy at user from India picking a 1060 or rx 470 to go with his 720p monitor. While explaining why 1080p is out of the question.

PlusThirtyOne

Youtubers who like and favorite their own videos.
Dude! i'm looking for NEW STUFF to watch! "Liked" and "Favorites" lists are meant so others can see the stuff that you watch and like and branch out to new content. if you fill up said playlists with nothing but your own fuckin' videos, what's the goddam point!? i already watched all your videos, dude. That's why i'm looking here!

PlusThirtyOne

People who join forums and other online communities just to make one single posts like:
"Hey, i'm new here and i want to make a comic/videogame/webseries but i don't know how to draw or write or program. Email me to inquire for available jobs!"
Also, "Here, i have a Patreon already so we can get started right away! My mom already pledged $10 with the hopes that i'll eventually move out!"

Also, it kinda irks me that so many things irk me.
i'm not a negative person, i swear... i just don't have much to be happy about. right now :V

DennyFrontier

Noir York City
Even though we have a wide and long enough driveway my girlfriend insists on parking right NEXT to my truck. She would rather struggle to get out instead of just staggering the cars in the driveway so she can comfortably open the door. No matter how many times I bitch about it she wont listen. I said the day I find a dent in my door is the day shes getting thrown out. This irritates me to no end

Last edited:
A

aloveablebunny

What irks me is not only giving more for insurance each month than a number of people make (three people, $1,700 USD), my employer has the gall to tell us we cannot purchase insurance elsewhere! Yeah! This is Kaiser Permanente, probably a Platinum Plus-Plus-Plus level that you can't even get through Covered California or ObummerCare. It is also the cheapest our employer offers.

So, it's not cheap but I guess it has its upside. I can go to the emergency room, then get admitted to the hospital and it will cost me zip. If they don't admit me, it's $50 USD for whatever care I need. My co-worker, who flaunts the "no outside insurance" rule had to go to the hospital ER, then a night in the hospital. After his Bronze level insurance paid their part, it left him with a $4,000 USD bill to figure out how to pay off. And somehow, our HR department found out about it and wants him on our insurance ASAP. :eek:

I really think health insurance in the US of A is a big, effing racket. That irks me to no end.

Ugh, agreed...

A

aloveablebunny

Reddit is probably high my irk list. 80% of the site is either garbage or just really toxic and immature were discussions rarely happen. I just re-read my rage quit at /r/Furry i got two users calling me a butthurt Bernie supporter yet I'm not american.

/r/Buildapc is probably the only help forum were users will attack you if you disagree on the help or question it. Like there insistence on crapping on builds that use a disc drive or user has a 1080p monitor with there 1070/1080. That also includes them getting snippy at user from India picking a 1060 or rx 470 to go with his 720p monitor. While explaining why 1080p is out of the question.

I mostly try to sub to the subreddits that aren't 90% trolls and immature keyboard warriors lol. I've had my fair share of being annoyed to hell by some of the discussions I've been involved in on Reddit. I feel like here (maybe because we don't have a downvote option, lol) I can speak my mind (reasonably, of course) and not get strung along in a 700 page comment war with people trying to be politically correct and automatically banishing me because my belief or opinion is different from theirs.

I know that still sometimes happens here, but far less frequently... at least on the topics I hang out on the most.

C

chaos_1152

I mostly try to sub to the subreddits that aren't 90% trolls and immature keyboard warriors lol. I've had my fair share of being annoyed to hell by some of the discussions I've been involved in on Reddit. I feel like here (maybe because we don't have a downvote option, lol) I can speak my mind (reasonably, of course) and not get strung along in a 700 page comment war with people trying to be politically correct and automatically banishing me because my belief or opinion is different from theirs.

I know that still sometimes happens here, but far less frequently... at least on the topics I hang out on the most.
In my case theirs allot of really dense judgmental people there because I've seen at least few subs go on how they hate furries. Like one user sharing some tame furry Pokemon fan art and came back with -250 downvotes while having 100+ people raging at her. Heck the site already got laughed at when a subs mods banned a user for liking cat girls & tried to blame the subs userbase when called out.

Reddit is pretty much just a less hostile 4chan

A

aloveablebunny

In my case theirs allot of really dense judgmental people there because I've seen at least few subs go on how they hate furries. Like one user sharing some tame furry Pokemon fan art and came back with -250 downvotes while having 100+ people raging at her. Heck the site already got laughed at when a subs mods banned a user for liking cat girls & tried to blame the subs userbase when called out.

Reddit is pretty much just a less hostile 4chan

Well, there are always going to be ignorant people like that who would rather bash other people for being something they refuse to try to understand. That's where I utilize the "block user" feature, or just delete my post so it removes something for someone to try to chop my head off over...

C

chaos_1152

Well, there are always going to be ignorant people like that who would rather bash other people for being something they refuse to try to understand. That's where I utilize the "block user" feature, or just delete my post so it removes something for someone to try to chop my head off over...

Yeah that why i lurk around before diving in or just never reply back. /r/Furry mods were quick at modding a user being ignorant moron, who was already on thin ice.

Some of can be funny when a user is clearly 12 or just a immature ass going into meltdown mode. Because his trolling attempt failed hard.

Sogreth

Local Cuddle Bear and Wannabe Writer
Valentine's day.

Aww...

furry-valentine.jpg

Julen

✮ Banter Squad Member ✮
Life in general
IMG_20170205_002916_561.jpg

When life saving grenades in a videogame don't go off
ZomboMeme 08022017233718.jpg

Nazis in general
aLBz7Bv_700b.jpg

How overrated Valentine's day is. (has nothing to do with the fact that i'm alone)
Why.png

People actually using my shitty art without permission. Still surprised someone would use it anyways
IMG_20170130_170645_447.jpg

Being unsatisfied after drawing something, even though people says it's good
IMG_20170208_125519_814.jpg

Russian bias
russian bias.jpg

Taking a look at things i've done in the past.
u mom.jpg
god has forsaken us

And finding old and absolutely horrifying doodles i did a long time ago in class
IMG_20170206_184009.jpg

PlusThirtyOne

When threads i like stop getting posts.

i refuse to let this thread die. Much like the old confessions thread from a year or so ago, i find comfort in reading these posts and i always have one more to contribute.