• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Things that make you feel nervous.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
We got a thread about things we love, things we hate and gross things that happened to us. Lets have one about rather random things that make us feel nervous for no apparent reason. And by that I mean things that cause borderline anxiety for you. Increased heartbeat, sweat, short breath. I want the business right here.

For me, it's the smell of chlorine. You know that typical smell in a public indoor pool? Yeah, that. I immediately connect that smell with deep water and it drives me nuts. Probably not just deep water in generel but also my awful experiences in public pools. I had a very hard time learning how to swim and my dad doesn't have a very long attention span and gets annoyed if you don't give him results right away... So he tried to teach me in a rather uncomfortable, not fun fashion.
So when I notice that typical chlorine smell I get a really short breath and I start to feel light headed. Not from the chlorine though. Because I don't have that when I work with it in higher concentrations. We worked with chlorine related substances in the lab and I never had problems there. It has to be that typical pool water smell.

So what makes you feel this way?

RedLeFrench

Writer extraordinaire
Coming from CaptainCool, that's quite an ironic thread ♪

But yeah, on topic, most things that make me nervous are when things don't go according to plan. I have this elaborate planning and things figured out for long-term and for better or worse, something always happens at the very last minute that screws everything up. But hey, that's basically life, so... Life makes me nervous ?

Woops.

I'm nervous-ified by deep water too, Cool. But mostly oceans and deep lakes. I love swimming, but I don't like being unable to see what's under the water. Maybe I've just seen too many big predator movies like Mega Shark vs. Crocosaurus.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
Coming from CaptainCool, that's quite an ironic thread ♪

Because there is something that can make a badass mothertrucker like me nervous? :cool:

Inpw

Roller Coaster Imagineer.
I'm nervous-ified by deep water too, Cool. But mostly oceans and deep lakes. I love swimming, but I don't like being unable to see what's under the water. Maybe I've just seen too many big predator movies like Mega Shark vs. Crocosaurus.

Lol try scuba diving in Durban.

It's all fun and games till you reach the shelf. I've seen casual snorkelers get vertigo and loose bladder control when they see the clear ocean floor instantly dropping into the abyss.

I get nervous in any enclosed situation where there is no immediate escape. Slight claustrophobia I guess.

Kidkaboozle

The smell of rubber, but a very certain kind of rubber, like the very pungent cheap kinds.

If I sit around too long or have nothing in my hands or mouth, I freak the fuck out, no joke. I get bad jitters and I just want to run around crazy, hence I love to run and I'm alway chewing on gum and playing with things in my hands. Even just sitting still is an issue for me, I'm a big time wiggle worm.

Driving with my mom in the passenger seat, she freaks out over everything and gets in super protective mom mode.

Alexxx-Returns

The Sergal that Didn't Vore
To get back to my flat from campus, I have to walk along a pavement which takes on a bit of a curve, especially as you get closer to the building. And on the other side of the pavement is a huge long wall that marks the grounds of the other flats, so you're confined to this pavement, really.

It's a very busy road so there's always cars. But what makes me very nervous is when a truck or bus comes past at some ungodly speed around that bend. Sometimes it's difficult to walk along there without feeling like one of these trucks is gonna derail and I'm gonna get squished. I genuinely panic sometimes.

T

TheMetalVelocity

Heated arguments/yelling

Violence

Big open places/heights (e.g malls, airports, etc...)

Losing control my my life or situations I can try to prevent

Thinking about my health, especially in said things

Stomach problems/gas

OCD (when it gets to a certain point)

Bugs

Uncomfortable social situations

When things change or dealing with new experiences or something that can drastically change my life or state of mind, and make me feel like a new phase is happening of me as a person

Going to the doctors or exams

DP/DR

Sleep issues that cause me to wake up rapidly and uncomfortably or have a hard time going to sleep, because they make me feel very uncomfortable and sometimes actually scare me to lie down and actually attempt to sleep

Panic Attacks

Last edited by a moderator:

Rassah

Heights. The Leaning Tower has a railing around the edge, and steps towards the center, with a raised round platform in the center at the top of it. The ende of that inner platform is about 5 feet from the steel guardrails around the edge of the tower, and they are even in height. Meaning if you stand on that platform, just 5 feet or so from the railing, your feet will be about even with the railing, and it'll feel as if there are no guardrails to protect you at all. All while the whole damn thing is leaning over quite a bit. Despite no one falling off the thing even though it's visited by millions of people a year, I was not enjoying myself up there, and mostly scooted around on my butt over the steps going up to that middle platform.

sniperfreak223

More Metal Than You !!!
for me,it's just that feeling of knowing my depression is about to give me a royal bitch-slap. I can stay calm about most things, but major bouts of depression are just too much.

Last edited:

KAS3519

Thunder. I don't know why, it's just a noise. It can't hurt me in any way.
Because of my fear of thunder, I've also branched out to being afraid of lightning, strong winds, heavy rain, and even dark clouds to an extent.

dialup

wet floop
Making phone calls
Flies/maggots
Cockroaches (even dead ones)
Getting a message on Tumblr
Thinking that I'm being awkward in public and it makes me end up sweating more and making my heart race faster and I begin to slur my words and then the cycle keeps getting worse.
Thinking about embarrassing things that I've done.
Commercials for children coming on when around a stranger (to this day I have no fucking clue why this bothers me so much).

Inpw

Roller Coaster Imagineer.
Oh yeah. 1 thing that's right up there on the most awkward and nervous moments. Visiting your parents and watching a TV show with your mom and boom a hot steamy sex scene that lasts forever comes up. Makes you die a little inside.

Wax

Always tired
Most things. No, really :V

If I had to choose a regular something though, it would definitely have to be this. I don't have a full blown phobia for it (it is a legit thing,) but I sure as hell don't like looking at it, and it makes my stomach turn - like a butterflies in the stomach feeling.

DrDingo

Moved to phoenix.corvidae.org with the others
Most things. No, really :V

If I had to choose a regular something though, it would definitely have to be this. I don't have a full blown phobia for it (it is a legit thing,) but I sure as hell don't like looking at it, and it makes my stomach turn - like a butterflies in the stomach feeling.
Y'know, that is pretty disconcerting.

Hmm.. this is only a minor thing but I can get a little anxious when say, I'm on the loading screen of a game and I can hear someone repeatedly messaging me when I know I can't reply until it loads. On a related note, when two people ask me to play different games at the same time. Also, people screen-peeking.
But I suppose none of this is full-on nervous, just a little unsettling.

I need to think harder about what scares me to the point that I do feel nervous.

Alexxx-Returns

The Sergal that Didn't Vore
Oh yeah. 1 thing that's right up there on the most awkward and nervous moments. Visiting your parents and watching a TV show with your mom and boom a hot steamy sex scene that lasts forever comes up. Makes you die a little inside.

Especially when it's a movie YOU chose to watch. And has MULTIPLE scenes of this nature. >.<

I get nervous when someone borrows my laptop to use. I don't really know why - I don't have anything tremendously bad on there. I guess part of it is a feeling of a lack of control. I mean, a large part of my life is on that machine, and I don't want it broken, or wiped, or taken away for too long.

I guess I just don't trust other people with my stuff.

Percy

o-o
Family arguments/arguments that involve a family member. I never want to get involved in them.

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
Im sure you guys can relate to this, but dont you all also feel nervous when you're rehousing and feeding extremely temperamental huntsman spiders?
Most of mine are fairly manageable, but i've had some individuals where the moment the lid is open they can near enough teleport meter's away. If i have one escapee spider my parents said the whole collections gotta go :{

Misomie

Lazy Artist
When cars go by and they make a bump sound.

Being around drivers. I can cross streets and all but those cars and stuff make me nervous (I was almost hit once).

Jags

Shepherd of Fire
Confrontation

Ahzek M'kar

Anal Centipede
Sitting down while waiting for important events to start; work, college, exams and stuff.

KOfoxing

Breakfast Club Honorary Member
Nightwalking
Any moment where I could potentially drop something off of a high altitude
Planes
When I'm on the verge to winning any game
High speeds
Being provoked by gangs

Distorted

There are way too many things that make me nervous...

Being restrained is particularly frightful for me. Not being able to move my limbs and protect myself if need be makes me freak out.

And not as bad as most, but my heart sinks whenever I get invaded in Dark Souls. That hollow sound that occurs when someone enters your world is haunting.