• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Things that make you feel nervous.

Rassah

...........I'm not sure if I would've taken it as calmly as you did.

I didn't know it was a bee, and thought it was just a small insignificant bug, like the types that crawl around in grass. I was quite shocked when I saw that it was a bee.

Scath-mac-tire

One time I went with my mom to give away kittens (my sister brought home an unfixed cat and refused to get it fixed). Suddenly I started having a panic attack and from that day on I knew that interactions with people can send me over the edge.

Migoto Da

Heat the Beat
When an enemy in Fire Emblem Awakening has a 1% chance to crit, and that crit will kill you.

Nothing is more terrifying than that.

TangledFawn

Deep water also makes me rather nervous, except if it's a pool. I'm always afraid that something's gonna' come up and drag me under. :S And I've dealt with social anxiety for years, so some social activities (some, meaning I'm getting better) do make me quite nervous.

0dalesque

butts. butts everywhere.
when people force their expectations upon me and I have to act accordingly/expected to act close to what they want, and not necessarily how I wanna do things/act. I approve of suggestions but a lot of people come off as pushy and very "you GOTTA do it this way or you'll fail."

tldr; Failure and mistakes make me nervous. Very nervous. (physically nervous)

Turning on the garbage disposal. It makes that horrible noise, and I'm always scared that some small critter like a mouse has gotten stuck in there, and that when I turn it on a fountain of blood will shoot up...

Aleu

Deuces
Looking up the requirements for the physical exam for this law enforcement course thing

As part of the physical fitness evaluation, applicants will be required to:

Exit the police vehicle and run 50 yards
Drag a 165 pound sled 15 yards
Run 25 yards to the stair case
Climb and descend eight stairs
Run 25 yards to the weight table
Lift a 70 pound weight off the ground and place it on the table
Run 25 yards
Jump a four foot ditch
Run four 25 yard legs around cones (serpentine) to finish near the police vehicle

All under 90 seconds. Dear god.

Jabberwocky

bitch where
being questioned. if I feel like I am bring interrogated, or you are bombarding me with questions, I get really nervous and will often try to weasel my way out of the situation.

Distorted

Looking up the requirements for the physical exam for this law enforcement course thing

As part of the physical fitness evaluation, applicants will be required to:

Exit the police vehicle and run 50 yards
Drag a 165 pound sled 15 yards
Run 25 yards to the stair case
Climb and descend eight stairs
Run 25 yards to the weight table
Lift a 70 pound weight off the ground and place it on the table
Run 25 yards
Jump a four foot ditch
Run four 25 yard legs around cones (serpentine) to finish near the police vehicle

All under 90 seconds. Dear god.

I know you don't agree, but that sounds really fun. Then again worrying about making the cut can indeed be nerve-wrecking.

Sweetheartz22

Simply amazing.
I get nervous getting ready to go out with friends. I don't know why, but I feel like I'm panicking when I'm getting ready and I get all shaky. Strange thing is, once I meet up with everyone, I'm perfectly fine and happy like nothing ever happened.

Hooky

Was hermiting.
I'm not sure about this one. I guess, the future, or exams, or heights, or being trapped in a small space. I could go on.

Carnau

Ice cream is the only way
When my neck gets touched. It doesn't have to be hands only, I also hate scarves and rarely ever wear necklaces.

Gnarl

The Arcane Sage
I get nervous when I see three timber wolves and they are making sure that I see them! Especially when I know that there were seven when they crossed the road to my side!

Duality Jack

Feeling Loki with it.
Actually... I find it strange but I have a remarkably hard time feeling nervous. Stressed at times yes, but never nervous.

sniperfreak223

More Metal Than You !!!
The severity of my sister's depression. I just got a call from my mom saying that she just had to be life-flighted to Philadelphia following a severe intentional overdose on anti-depressants in an apparent suicide attempt. Needless to say, I'm torn apart emotionally right now.

The severity of my sister's depression. I just got a call from my mom saying that she just had to be life-flighted to Philadelphia following a severe intentional overdose on anti-depressants in an apparent suicide attempt. Needless to say, I'm torn apart emotionally right now.

Oh my god, deja vu!
My boyfriend's sister is like this too.

I think I can relate to your sister, I have severe depression and I have attempted suicide since I was 12.
What helped me stop suicidal thoughts is talking to friends or family about it, tell your sister to ALWAYS tell somebody when she's feeling suicidal.
Every time I wanted to kill myself, I would tell somebody.
People who are suicidal do NOT want to die, they just want the pain to go away.
Also learning about suicide like watching a documentary and learning what friends & family go through after suicide helps us learn suicide is not the answer.
What I hate is when people think suicidal people are being attention whores and ignore their cries for help, because when they realize nobody cares that's when they do kill themselves.
And the family & friends have nobody to blame but their selves for ignoring the warnings & cries for help.

marda

Spriggan Matron
I got that feeling the other day when I was casually stretching my midsection, slightly leaning back, arms up kind of thing, and a casual acquaintance gently poked my belly. He's not creepy and I'm not afraid of him, but it really bugged me. I guess just being touched by someone I don't necessarily want to touch me will do that. It's not like I specifically didn't want him to touch me. I just never thought about it and then when it happened it bothered me more than just something you shrug off.

sniperfreak223

More Metal Than You !!!
Oh my god, deja vu!
My boyfriend's sister is like this too.

I think I can relate to your sister, I have severe depression and I have attempted suicide since I was 12.
What helped me stop suicidal thoughts is talking to friends or family about it, tell your sister to ALWAYS tell somebody when she's feeling suicidal.
Every time I wanted to kill myself, I would tell somebody.
People who are suicidal do NOT want to die, they just want the pain to go away.
Also learning about suicide like watching a documentary and learning what friends & family go through after suicide helps us learn suicide is not the answer.
What I hate is when people think suicidal people are being attention whores and ignore their cries for help, because when they realize nobody cares that's when they do kill themselves.
And the family & friends have nobody to blame but their selves for ignoring the warnings & cries for help.

I just feel super terrible about this time. I'm her "safety person", and at the time this happened I was at work with my phone turned off. I feel like I let her down.