• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Things That You Hate v3.0

ssaannttoo

Joy Boi
I think many of us can agree the current race climate in the US at the moment isn't the best it can be, but it is better than it was. That does not mean we should remain stagnant, we need to take this momentum and go the full 9 yards (Thats the saying right? I'm not an American football guy.)

People matter.

sleepy kitty

(◡‿◡✿) ꪑꫀꪮ᭙
I think many of us can agree the current race climate in the US at the moment isn't the best it can be, but it is better than it was. That does not mean we should remain stagnant, we need to take this momentum and go the full 9 yards (Thats the saying right? I'm not an American football guy.)

People matter.
Everyone deserves love and support.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Having to repeat myself, without any indication that another person even TRIED to hear what I said.

If I got a mangled phrase back I might be able to put up with it, but at least make an EFFORT to listen to others.

You should think about communication as a two way street. You usually get out of it what you put into it.

Step back and ask yourself whether you're trying to understand others, or whether you're only interested in other people listening to you.

It's not possible to get the latter without at least a little of the former.

Charleslr'93

I've been there too. I'm a white male and there have been multiple times where I've been put down because of that. I either "Cant comprehend the suffering of others" Or "I'm just an oppressor." It makes me feel crap to be me. Now I know I shouldn't be saying that, my struggles are naught compared to others, Doesn't mean it feels good though.
Hey thank you for hearing me out. I appreciate you, happy belated new year, have a follow.

sleepy kitty

(◡‿◡✿) ꪑꫀꪮ᭙
Empathy can be inherited, but it can also be taught. Thanks, guys!

Bigjackaal48

It hurts when people claim I'm a racist. it really does. Makes me feel like a shitty person.

Or get called ableist & more by leftists on Twitter. When sex/mental issues shouldn't be treated as personalities or badges, Since it feels quite shallow when they don't talk about other stuff they do.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
The political subjects being discussed have giant social consequences for a lot of people.

It is depressing that folk get distracted by things like the wording of slogans or with whether a stranger on twitter calls them a nasty name.
At this point everybody in existence has been called a nasty name by somebody on the internet, guys.

ben909

FAF has become a tf potion dumping site...
“Hate how old comments from long ago were brought back into a fight when most thead revivals have been safe”

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
It hurts when people claim I'm a racist. it really does. Makes me feel like a shitty person.
That sort of things especially suck when it's the most racist people you've ever met accusing you of that!

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child

Honest question: You claim you're not a racist, and then tell other people to be quiet about their problems/injustices, so what does that make you then? Just really think on that for a bit.

I understand this is treading on no-no topics, but FA/FAF has a diverse cast of users. Diversity can include (but is not limited to) ethnicity, hobbies, or even religion. It makes sense that FA would be against anything that would try to promote harm against their own community. You can read more about how they feel Here.

Politics is already against FAF policies and yet you actively stir the pot almost every time. If not with politics, then NSFW comments. If after all this, you still don't understand, then there's nothing more I will ever say to you. Just know how ridiculous you look when you try to promote unity and friendship before doing a 180 where you tell someone to 'stop shoving their religion/activism down your throat'.

Rakiya

Social Extremism; At this point I don't care if it's the majority or some minority that's doing it.
I'm just really fed up with people adopting the notion/belief that people are either 100% with them, or 100% against them.
Once upon a time there used to be this thing called "compromise"
What happened to it? No one knows.

Hi-FiWolf95

Metal Misanthrope
Hypocrisy is something I hate so much, more so in the context where it's outright unjustifiable, which is not to say hypocrisy is justifiable in any circumstance because animals are infallible, but particularly when it's overt, careless and vindictive.

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
You should think about communication as a two way street. You usually get out of it what you put into it.

Step back and ask yourself whether you're trying to understand others, or whether you're only interested in other people listening to you.

It's not possible to get the latter without at least a little of the former.
You make this sound easier than it actually is.

The ability of mine to understand others is a LONG-standing problem of mine - I've concluded it is damn near impossible, maybe ACTUALLY impossible. I see it less in the real world because the people that surround me generally try to understand me first and wind up changing their tactics to get through to me. (I do not kid when I say that without them I would likely be freezing in a gutter somewhere it is that difficult for me to interact.)

In the virtual world, where I don't have this defense, my experience is that about... roughly 80-90% of the Internet acts on one-way attitudes. Plus most of their phrasing uses words that have a very... authoritarian bent. (No I don't mean the ads and experts, I'm talking NORMAL users this time. I said something to you about how I don't tend to jump into ongoing conversations, and that is why I added that.) My usual procedure is to try to counter them once and if they pull the authoritarian thing on me again, I cut them off. And even then I STILL can barely take it. This is exactly why I quit most social media.

...and I've also got a history (a lot of it outside of here) where people who've told me to "keep an open mind" and "allow for diversity of opinion" have behaved precisely the opposite of both. As if "open minded" became a buzzword for "takes everyone's BS and misery with a smile and obedience", which is decidedly NOT what that term means. After a certain point, "open-minded" becomes a trigger, yes in THAT sense of the word.

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
You make this sound easier than it actually is.

The ability of mine to understand others is a LONG-standing problem of mine - I've concluded it is damn near impossible, maybe ACTUALLY impossible. I see it less in the real world because the people that surround me generally try to understand me first and wind up changing their tactics to get through to me. (I do not kid when I say that without them I would likely be freezing in a gutter somewhere it is that difficult for me to interact.)

In the virtual world, where I don't have this defense, my experience is that about... roughly 80-90% of the Internet acts on one-way attitudes. Plus most of their phrasing uses words that have a very... authoritarian bent. (No I don't mean the ads and experts, I'm talking NORMAL users this time. I said something to you about how I don't tend to jump into ongoing conversations, and that is why I added that.) My usual procedure is to try to counter them once and if they pull the authoritarian thing on me again, I cut them off. And even then I STILL can barely take it. This is exactly why I quit most social media.

...and I've also got a history (a lot of it outside of here) where people who've told me to "keep an open mind" and "allow for diversity of opinion" have behaved precisely the opposite of both. As if "open minded" became a buzzword for "takes everyone's BS and misery with a smile and obedience", which is decidedly NOT what that term means. After a certain point, "open-minded" becomes a trigger, yes in THAT sense of the word.

Some honest and helpful advice: Always expect the worst on the internet, unless you get to know someone, most people behind the screen are probably someone with an issue, uber fat, or some raging lunatic or loser. You'll sleep better when you come to the conclusion that the internet is just filled with shitty people. I used to ask "why me? What have I done?" Then I realized, people out there are just garbage. You'd be amazed of how many no life losers or nutjobs there are out there.

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
Some honest and helpful advice: Always expect the worst on the internet, unless you get to know someone, most people behind the screen are probably someone with an issue, uber fat, or some raging lunatic or loser. You'll sleep better when you come to the conclusion that the internet is just filled with shitty people. I used to ask "why me? What have I done?" Then I realized, people out there are just garbage. You'd be amazed of how many no life losers or nutjobs there are out there.
You mean the G.I.F.T.?

Honestly, kind of the reason why I'm trying to move closer to actual people. I was able to dodge the worst of the G.I.F.T. for a while by staying in less-popular video games and their chats/discussions, but that's no way to live.

KimberVaile

Officially elected and actual ruler of FAF
Obsession with celebrity culture. It's probably one of the most pathetic aspects about modern society.
But hey, what do I know? DudeMcActor is very gifted, and can play pretend like nobody else, so clearly his word deserves more weight than the scientists researching ways to develop the covid vaccine. And don't get me started on dudeMcsportsStar, did you see how far he kicked that football?