• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Things That You Hate v3.0

Lucyfur

United forever in friendship and labour
Banned
*whistles at statements about certain statuses of the world of which in one particular "developed" country that did really nothing to help prevent it has suffered hundreds of thousands of deaths and that while vaccines are getting rolled out it isnt a perfect system and some of those vaccines like the Pfizer type are only good for 6 months while another the J&J has 6 complications due to blood clots that have no medicinal treatment that can be used without further complications from the vaccine itself. Which makes me hate those who havent taken it seriously pushed against measures to mitigate the spread of a plague and try to espouse a dangerous narrative that lacks information*

Yeah no surprise but as an American I hate the American "justice" system.

Last edited:

contemplationistwolf

The Restless Maverick
Hypochondriacs who want to keep everything shut down even after vaccination campaigns, again because of a sickness with a naught point one fatality rate. EVERYTHING gets deadlier when you get older. Falling down the stairs also is more deadly to old people. Doesn't mean you should install stair lifts in everyone's homes.
Covid has more than 1% fatality rate. It also causes hospitalizations and lasting health issues, strains healthcare systems, and poses a risk of mutations and reinfections. The vaccination campaigns aren't finished yet. Covid has killed way more people over the year than stairs. You sound very misinformed.

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
Covid has more than 1% fatality rate. It also causes hospitalizations and lasting health issues, strains healthcare systems, and poses a risk of mutations and reinfections. The vaccination campaigns aren't finished yet. Covid has killed way more people over the year than stairs. You sound very misinformed.
.....I was gonna say something, but in the interests of keeping political stuff on the down low in the main areas I'm going to pull this one to DMs.

Lucyfur

Banned
.....I was gonna say something, but in the interests of keeping political stuff on the down low in the main areas I'm going to pull this one to DMs.
Is it really political though? to talk about public safety and health especially when it is to counter misinformation?
Like yes the reasons can be applied to a political topic, and while there are political machinations that have weaponized Covid to their means the topic itself as well as the actual dangers of covid in my opinion fall more to a science and health and safety realm.

Lucyfur

Banned
I will go on to add that not just fatalities have nor should have been the sole concerns with Corona as there are people who have been hospitalized since last year from what is classified as 'Long covid'. there are people now rendered disabled due to respiratory issues from it. So while the amount of death due to a lack of action is bad enough when it comes to the pandemic there is also the impacts on another part of those who had been infected like now facing challenges of a disability and such.

So to try and down play Corona is really terrible and dangerous.

Firuthi Dragovic

Is it really political though? to talk about public safety and health especially when it is to counter misinformation?
Like yes the reasons can be applied to a political topic, and while there are political machinations that have weaponized Covid to their means the topic itself as well as the actual dangers of covid in my opinion fall more to a science and health and safety realm.
Honestly? It's so incredibly easy to taint a science and health discussion with politics these days that my brain winds up blurring either way. And I'll admit that my own area not being all that diverse in thought, combined with a lot of bad luck in getting people that can read what I say, leaves me ill-equipped for a public spat about any of this.

I might as well actually go face-to-face for a moment and give a response to the comment that started this, though:
Hypochondriacs who want to keep everything shut down even after vaccination campaigns, again because of a sickness with a naught point one fatality rate. EVERYTHING gets deadlier when you get older. Falling down the stairs also is more deadly to old people. Doesn't mean you should install stair lifts in everyone's homes.
I THINK I'm aware of the core view that leads people to believe the Covid death rate's not as low as publicly stated. I refuse to be the first to state it bluntly openly in the thread, as I don't want such an idea spreading to people who'll treat it as anything more than a rumor and/or potential scandal 15-20 years down the road - as now is DEFINITELY NOT the time for things like that.

Either let these vaccination campaigns fully run their course, Frank, or tell us what kind of hypochondriac you directly, physically encountered in your personal day-to-day affairs.

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
I will go on to add that not just fatalities have nor should have been the sole concerns with Corona as there are people who have been hospitalized since last year from what is classified as 'Long covid'. there are people now rendered disabled due to respiratory issues from it. So while the amount of death due to a lack of action is bad enough when it comes to the pandemic there is also the impacts on another part of those who had been infected like now facing challenges of a disability and such.

So to try and down play Corona is really terrible and dangerous.

They also forgot the part where it affects both YOUNG and OLD. Not just one demographic. You'd think someone who caught it and got lucky would be a little more sympathetic. :/

I'mma leave this here just in case.

2.8 Do not promote ideologies harmful to public safety.​

Examples include: Covid misinformation, anti-vaccination, QAnon.

D

Deleted member 93706

The common bigoted strategy of assuming what others believe and attacking the false image with a complete and blindly unquestioning conviction.

My comment seems relevant here.

Things such as Covid are not worth discussing publicly, because neither side will hear what the other has to say. If you want to attempt a genuine discussion, take it to DMs. Doing so avoids mob mentality and minimizes activation of mental defense mechanisms. Besides, doing so circumvents the nuisance that is rule 2.8 - if two people consent to a private discussion in their disagreement, I wouldn't think rule 2.8 would be a threat to the one who holds the unpopular opinion (and if it is, then chose a platform that isn't run by fascists).

Last edited by a moderator:

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
I THINK I'm aware of the core view that leads people to believe the Covid death rate's not as low as publicly stated. I refuse to be the first to state it bluntly openly in the thread, as I don't want such an idea spreading to people who'll treat it as anything more than a rumor and/or potential scandal 15-20 years down the road - as now is DEFINITELY NOT the time for things like that.

Either let these vaccination campaigns fully run their course, Frank, or tell us what kind of hypochondriac you directly, physically encountered in your personal day-to-day affairs.
I contrast the constant ruination of the economy through lockdowns with my (and the overwhelming majority of people infected) covid experience, not to mention the arrogance of people who keep telling you what to do but also keep changing idea all the time, often ending up giving you contradictory orders.

I could be fully employed now and in much better shape and physical/mental health without lockdowns and if I had caught covid because of no lockdown, it wouldn't have made a difference because I caught it anyway despite me and everyone around me doing everything we were supposed to do.

Also gotta love getting accused of disinformation because I'm speaking of my covid experience, I've got the "covid survivor" badge; you do? no? then don't you dare telling me what my experience is supposed to look like.

Last edited:

Firuthi Dragovic

I contrast the constant ruination of the economy through lockdowns with my (and the overwhelming majority of people infected) covid experience, not to mention the arrogance of people who keep telling you what to do but also keep changing idea all the time, often ending up giving you contradictory orders.

I could be fully employed now and in much better shape and physical/mental health without lockdowns and if I had caught covid because of no lockdown, it wouldn't have made a difference because I caught it anyway despite me and everyone around me doing everything we were supposed to do.
Okay, that was NOT what I was expecting. I'm glad I went this route and DIDN'T just state the claim in question.

I'll let others take this and just add that in my own state, WITH some of the stronger lockdowns, it's my understanding they were trying to bus Covid patients to hospitals several hours away because of hospital overload. I suspect things would have been WAY worse on that front without a lockdown to the point where local hospitals near me, an area 4-5 hours away from where things are the worst in my state, might not be able to do anything else. I have some horrific guesses how much that could potentially lead to a downward economic spiral that would last way longer and cause exponentially more misery than this lockdown (yes, really, even WITH the economic misery that actually happened I consider this "getting off easy") and I'm not sure I want to go there.

Re: arrogance, I will actually admit my brain overloads too easily for me to follow the conflicting reports anymore. I already can socially distance, I don't use hospitals until I actually need them, I speed up my trips and have enough face coverings (it took me weeks to get over my fears and hold down my sensory issues enough to use them the FIRST time), and I got the vaccine (the J&J one, oddly enough, though it looks like I'm WELL outside the window of the blood-clotting thing). At this point I more-or-less feel like I'm going through the motions.

It also occurs to me that holy hell I made an epic-level miscue in the way I originally worded my initial comment. That's what I get for trying these things. I still stand by taking my original response to DMs, and the person I DMed would know why.

Oh that reminds me, one more for the actual "Things That You Hate" thread: People who can't handle a little discomfort.

I know it sounds a little off-kilter to mention that one given my timing, but I'm actually completely serious - even without this whole pandemic thing I'd heard plenty of stories of people going to the hospital for minor colds and the like. Not even like the "these people are immunocompromised so a small cold can be much deadlier" kind of thing - I mean people in their 20s and 30s who'd be otherwise healthy. And it angers me every time it happens.

Last time I needed medical care was for an ear infection that was ACTUALLY debilitating and even I only went to urgent care for that one.

SOME things have to be toughed out.

(No I don't trust triage to be done properly, why do you ask?)

dragon-in-sight

mane diva
- People claiming that Corona was just a fraud.
- People beeing racist towards asians because of corona.
- Liberalitarians calling any form of health and welfare system communist.
- Conservatives playing moral crusaders, while beeing involved in all kind of dodgy dealings.
- Jingoistic people accusing everyone of hating their country who don't share their extrem political views.
- People denying that there is any connection between liberal Gun laws, and frequent shooting rampages.
- People that deny global warming, evolution and other proven facts for some bizzar ideological reasons.
- People aggressively claiming that the earth was flat for even more bizzar ideological reasons.
- People complaining about a lack of freedom in democratic countries, while whishing for an authoritarian goverment.
- People praising authoritarian rulers like Putin, Erdogan, Duterte and Bolsonaro as paragons of patriotism whitewashing all their violations of law and human rights.
- Right wing Evangelicals overtaking esoteric communities telling everyone that true spirituality is only achieved by obeying God and accepting jesus.
- People calling everyone SJW when they dare to speak against racism, misogyny or discrimination of LGBTs
- People ranting about millennials for destroying the "old school" society.
- QAnnon nuts ranting about their satanic pedo Cabal nonsense.

contemplationistwolf

The Restless Maverick
I'll let others take this and just add that in my own state, WITH some of the stronger lockdowns, it's my understanding they were trying to bus Covid patients to hospitals several hours away because of hospital overload. I suspect things would have been WAY worse on that front without a lockdown to the point where local hospitals near me, an area 4-5 hours away from where things are the worst in my state, might not be able to do anything else.
In my country as well, the hospitals got overwhelmed and patients were shipped 100s of kilometers to hospitals in other counties.

Also gotta love getting accused of disinformation because I'm speaking of my covid experience, I've got the "covid survivor" badge; you do? no? then don't you dare telling me what my experience is supposed to look like.
I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. I'm not saying the governments handled it well (not even remotely). IMO the measures should have been taken preventatively rather than reactively, and the focus should have been on cracking down on those who cheat the rules (so the rest of us could have escaped the more severe measures).

Still, you should be careful what you wish for. Without the measures, the healthcare systems would have been completely overwhelmed, and both the fatality rates and health complications would have jumped up drastically. There's also evidence that the level of exposure to the virus affects its severity, so your own case could have gone worse. All the issues with strained hospitals, health damage and deaths would have caused significant economic damage as well, damage that's probably much harder to recover from than simple economic slowdown.

Even if things would have been better for you without the measures, it's a very different situation for a lot of others. Personally, even though I'm not in the risk group, I don't want to risk family members who are, and I'd rather avoid the disease myself as well. Most likely, similar sentiments are held by the vast majority. Sorry if you happen to be in the losing side of this, but we live in a society. Hopefully you can recover once this is over (I suspect you can). In the meantime, try to make the best of things.

ben909

vaporeon
Something i hate

When the word “new” gets put in a list or product and is not updated when its not new anymore

Its worse in games

ben909

vaporeon
<insert the horny jail hit with bat picture, but with politics instead of horny>

ben909

vaporeon
I hate any day where I go somewhere and I forget my phone or wallet
I freak out if i cannot feel the weight of my phone in my pocket or my hand

D

Deleted member 134556

I freak out if i cannot feel the weight of my phone in my pocket or my hand
It’s a terrifying experience

4A5A6329-5BB4-48C2-BBA2-C9CF55CB7CCF.jpeg