• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Things That You Hate v3.0

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
In my country as well, the hospitals got overwhelmed and patients were shipped 100s of kilometers to hospitals in other counties.

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. I'm not saying the governments handled it well (not even remotely). IMO the measures should have been taken preventatively rather than reactively, and the focus should have been on cracking down on those who cheat the rules (so the rest of us could have escaped the more severe measures).

Still, you should be careful what you wish for. Without the measures, the healthcare systems would have been completely overwhelmed, and both the fatality rates and health complications would have jumped up drastically. There's also evidence that the level of exposure to the virus affects its severity, so your own case could have gone worse. All the issues with strained hospitals, health damage and deaths would have caused significant economic damage as well, damage that's probably much harder to recover from than simple economic slowdown.

Even if things would have been better for you without the measures, it's a very different situation for a lot of others. Personally, even though I'm not in the risk group, I don't want to risk family members who are, and I'd rather avoid the disease myself as well. Most likely, similar sentiments are held by the vast majority. Sorry if you happen to be in the losing side of this, but we live in a society. Hopefully you can recover once this is over (I suspect you can). In the meantime, try to make the best of things.
Thank you for your understanding.

Lucyfur

United forever in friendship and labour
Banned
You have political garbage right underneath your username
Just like you had political garbage in your signature before making that comment?
OwO Fwanky Wanky you thwow wocks fwum gwass houses~

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
I hate when I'm lying in bed and I have to pee.

This made me wonder. When I'm asleep and I need to pee I have dreams about trying to find a lavatory.

What do people who live in the rainforest dream about when they need to pee? They can just go behind a bush whenever they want.

Kyrick

*Warning: Rant ahead
Social media!!! and the term 'social' media. Nobody who has over 500 friends speaks to all of them on a daily basis discussing with them all how they are doing, when they want to hang out again, listen to each other and confide in them. Sure maybe 20 or so 'friends' I can believe, or maybe my definition of a friend is warped but I hate the big players (FB Twit, and YTube) How many people see something a friend has posted and just hit a thumbs up then carried on scrolling and scrolling down again.

Forums are fine, I just have a more comfortable vibe in these. Also we get reasons to vent when the thread asks you what annoys you :)

Lucyfur

United forever in friendship and labour
Banned
Y'all are something else.
Something else as in awesome?!?
LucyReactionsChibiSquee.jpg

Netanye Dakabi

people call me queen
friend lost their pet snake in the garden today.

only it's not a garden, we're on a farm.

turns out the tiny thing was overwhelmed by suddenly having so much space and went like zero feet from where it was but hid under a rock.

but of course us being idiots thought the last place it would be is where we left it and spent hours looking for it.

MapleFlower

Bacteria
I hate people who manipulate/guilt trip others (especially when they are doing it to my friends!!) with a burning passion

I also hate people who fake stuff like depression/other mental disorders because it gives people who actually have depression a bad rep

MaelstromEyre

Slippery When Wet
When people use Facebook status updates to make their "friends" worry about them, or say nice things to make them feel better, or make it sound like something really significant or traumatic has just happened so their friends will ask.

The whole "I guess I'll just be single forever and die alone" self pitying status updates are boring.

Netanye Dakabi

people call me queen
I hate people who manipulate/guilt trip others (especially when they are doing it to my friends!!) with a burning passion

I also hate people who fake stuff like depression/other mental disorders because it gives people who actually have depression a bad rep
what's worse is when people do it on your behalf and make you look bad.

i hate that.

ShephardWolf

Metal Misanthrope
I hate not having someone beside me that I can truly trust, or call my best friend. It's fun jamming to music alone, until I realize there's no one here having fun with me, and it's all just a fantasy that I wish was real; my enjoinment instantly comes to a a halt when I come to this realization. I hate that the people I miss the most are the ones who hurt me, treated me lesser and ridded me for unjustifiable and hypocritical reasons. It really hurts when people keep their "bad apples" but look past any value in me as a person. I can't get over the last 10+ years of my life, being used, manipulated, mistreated, scapegoated, and ridded, all because I wanted people to hang out with. There's a strong part of me that just wants to become a nasty careless fuck altogether to someone else, intentionally wanting to make them feel like shit, just to put myself in the position that they had over me to feel some sense of power in my life that so many of them took away in my childhood into my adulthood. I've considered trying to not care about people's feelings anymore, or intentionally becoming a merciless dick as a means to survive and gain some superiority, but I know it's not an inherent quality of mine, and just a reactionary thought to feel better about myself; I just want to be like them, so maybe I can stop being the doormat I was made out to be my whole life. Within the last year, I've become even more careless about what I say to vulnerable people and about sensitive topics, subjects and interactions, that it almost feels like I've become a monster, and it's not like I'm super happy about it, I just want to see what it's like not being the lesser one for once in my life.

Bigjackaal48

what's worse is when people do it on your behalf and make you look bad.

i hate that.
I've had fakers lash out before when I noticed they would shift the goalposts or make stuff up on Why they have a severe disorder with psychosis. Despite they wouldn't be fit to type out online there episode In full detail.

ssaannttoo

Joy Boi
I hate getting on and seeing people have gone through struggles in the posts that I get notifs for. It means I wasn't there for them because I was taking personal time. I don't wanna let people down and to be there for them.

Tacoshark

Defender of the Sacred Nuggs
I hate getting on and seeing people have gone through struggles in the posts that I get notifs for. It means I wasn't there for them because I was taking personal time. I don't wanna let people down and to be there for them.
You cant be everywhere for everyone at all times. You put too much on yourself when you do that and you will never be able to take care of yourself. Help when you can, where you can, but don't make yourself feel like you are responsible for other people's struggles.

TyraWadman

The Silent Observer
I arrive on time for work every day but sometimes I get dangerously close to being late and one of these days I'm gonna have to explain why and my only excuse will be: "I was using the bathroom :x"

Its not my fault my boy Hemmy doesn't wanna share space.

Stray Cat Terry

고먐미
A type of friend wanting to spend more time with me no matter I'm a busy or not, and they show me how mad they are about me not being there for them. Even when I cut some part of my schedules for them, all they want is something fun only for themselves (eg: RP with setups I hate, videogames I told them that I quit...).
They gotta think in my shoes too.... That being said, if I were them... at least I won't ask someone who's not 'capable' for the job.
Perhaps they think asking over and over, showing how hungry they are, and praising how great I am(which I believe is cajolery), could turn an 'incapable' person to be 'capable' of doing the job...

A no is a no... and some people appearantly don't know...