• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Things That You Hate v3.0

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
I hate it when I'm going through a tough time, so I ask my friends for advice on what they do to help themselves feel better during days/weeks like those, and I get promptly ignored. *Despite* the fact that I *explicitly* mentioned how I need help from them. Yet, when I send my usual funny pictures or whatever to them after, they all decide to respond to my messages.
I want to sarcastically say, "Thanks for the help, guys", and in fact someday I just might if I really feel like it, but the reason I don't is because it's just rude and doesn't help anyone. But what's ironic is, *I'm* expected to answer my friends' calls for help. In fact, I make it a pact to always do, because I know if I needed help, I would want my calls to be answered with love and care. I try to be a brotherly figure to all my friends, and let them know they're never alone. And I'm not doing it out of obligation; I genuinely care about them. They're my friends. But if I can't keep being Strong Old Lupin(tm) for *one day,* and I need the *slightest bit* of advice and care to get through it, I just get ignored? How fucking *dare* I start relying on people the same as they rely on me? How dare I ask for help and let my friends know I'm struggling and in a bad place? That's just too much, right? /s
And, keep in mind, this has been happening for such a long time. I ask for help, I get ignored. I act normal, they start paying attention to me again. It makes me sick. I love my friends, but the way they are acting, (or complete lack of action to help their own friend thereof), is stupid and ridiculous.
This is literally the only social media place my friends can't find me at, so I don't have to worry about posting this. But, honestly, even if they did see this, I genuinely feel like they wouldn't do anything about it.

That being said, if anyone else is here on this thread because they feel terrible and need to vent, just know you're not alone. A lot of things in life absolutely suck, but you are stronger than whatever comes at you. You, and you alone, have control of your life, and *you* have the ability to overcome whatever you're going through.

If this is too much for this thread, just let me know and I'll delete it or something.

Ah yes, another therapist without a therapist? UuU

I don't know what it is. Probably a combination of selfishness and ignorance? Some people genuinely don't know how to help but like... pretending you're not even there? I believe they call those 'fairweather friends', meaning they'll only come out when the sun is shining but one gray cloud and they're gone/that's 'awkward'.

Over the past few years I finally said 'fuck it' and nuked my entire social lists and I'm down to two people that I actively speak with.
"All you ever have to do is ask, Tyra ^_^"
*Asks*
*Everyone ignores me, and then goes to squad up and play the game I just finished suggesting, Discord even shows this*

K.

You are not alone in this suffering, my dude. UnU

MechaMegs

The Red Menace
Things that I hate? hmmm

Hate is such a strong word but I guess I would say..... Hydra -_-

TyraWadman

Internet Zoomies are kicking in a lot lately for some reason.
Not that it's necessarily a bad thing (except the person on the other end may become traumatized) but I just wish it didn't happen right before I have to wind down and sleep for work. XD

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
Here's today's stuff I hate : youtube is shit
promotes scams, takes down videos denouncing scams

So many of these big tech corporations virtue-signal all the time, which is not surprising; you'd be surprised by the correlation between virtue-signaling and being a pile of shit

Chomby

Monsters are hot. :)
I hate roleplay. It only irritates and depresses me. lol
I also hate one-word reponses, passive-aggressive question marks, and how dogs are around 50-60% more popular than domestic cats in the fandom according to Furscience.

You can't control what people like. It just disappoints me that cats are not equally popular.

Last edited:

TyraWadman

When someone complains that their life is miserable and the world is working against them, but they never actively do anything to try and make their lives easier.

If you like drama, or aren't motivated, at least own up to it. I'd still have a shred of respect for you that way. -n-

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
I love living upstairs and having no one stomping on the floor above me, but I can't stand lugging groceries and etc up all those stairs!
haha, indeed, that's a small price to pay

I lived at the top floor of an apartment building for two years, even had to keep my bicycle at the top as well. But if I compare to what I have now (dipshits who love partying until past 4 am) I vastly preferred that >.>
Plus it's a bit of exercize

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
How much anxiety I've felt over the last 2 years because of the pandemic, I guess.

and like, constant worry about how changes to laws on moving countries could have on my ability to get jobs.

Hi-FiWolf95

Metal Misanthrope
People with the mentality "I worked hard, therefore you need to as well". It comes from a place of jealousy or some shit. Just be grateful people are capable of making thousands to millions just for sitting on their gaming chairs and memeing, or even something like commissioning art. Don't put people down because they were able to do something less physical as an occupation, or even a a side-job, and making more than you, instead, see it as a sacrifice you made, that you took the job more physically demanding to provide services to others that someone else wouldn't have taken, and I would encourage people with less physically demanding work to view it in the same way, because some people look down at those with more physical jobs, even when certain occupations require some sort of education, licensing or degree to become part of those fields.

TyraWadman

People with the mentality "I worked hard, therefore you need to as well". It comes from a place of jealousy or some shit. Just be grateful people are capable of making thousands to millions just for sitting on their gaming chairs and memeing, or even something like commissioning art. Don't put people down because they were able to do something less physical as an occupation, or even a a side-job, and making more than you, instead, see it as a sacrifice you made, that you took the job more physically demanding to provide services to others that someone else wouldn't have taken, and I would encourage people with less physically demanding work to view it in the same way, because some people look down at those with more physical jobs, even when certain occupations require some sort of education, licensing or degree to become part of those fields.
Even if it was 50 years ago, while some people worked on farms or in factories, there was always someone around to punch numbers or draft up newspapers. The way I see it is that there has to be someone to do the hard work, but there should also be someone to come up with the entertainment/relief of said hard workers- whether it be physiotherapy for when they're old and their bodies are damaged from strain, or the shows they like enjoy winding down to, before getting back into the grind. One is physically demanding, the other one is mentally demanding.

Nexus Cabler

Lord of typos
My AC not working, which happened today >:v

I'm thankful at least I have air conditioning at all, some people in the world don't have it, which is very sad to think about.

PercyD

Lover of Beasty Baes
Sharks that look like dogs instead of looking like sharks. It still bugs me-

TyraWadman

I guess this could be one of those things where 'the one kid says the joke louder and gets the credit' but looking back, I'm kinda miffed at how many people adopted my ideas (or straight up copied it) and claimed it as their own.

I was never the cool or popular kid and most anything insightful I had to offer went unappreciated. So seeing someone else get showered with praise for their 'amazing idea' just made life sting a little more.

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
I hate it when I keep sharpening a pencil, but the graphite keeps on breaking and breaking, making the pencil ridiculously small. Worse is when the wood splits from the point to the eraser after sharpening it.

Anyone know of any good quality pencil sharpener brands/products??
Dixon Ticonderoga pencils (yellow #2) and a quality art sharpener such as the Prismacolor "Bullet" sharpener or a Kum, Eisen or Koh-I-Noor sharpener. More pencil choices are a Prismacolor or Derwent HB graphite drawing pencil. HB is about the same softness as #2. sometimes art sites have a discount if you buy a box of 12 pencils.

TyraWadman

When my coworkers touch my ass. ._.

Not sure if it's a cultural/family norm to playfully pinch/grab eachother, but they keep doing it to my ass instead of my hip or side.

All ladies, most with kids of their own.