• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Things That You Hate v3.0

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
I'm sorry to read that. Very frustrating that, if it was second hand, it wasn't even a result of her own choices.

Yeah, she worked in a place where a lot of people smoked and it got to her. My grandmother used to smoke and somehow this caused my mother to have to have ear surgery making her hard of hearing. Anyways, smoking sucks.

MM13

Okay here goes...I ordered something from GIANTMicrobes at the end of last month or the beginning of the end of last month...specifically May 21st and a couple of weeks later I asked for the tracking number and I used it to track the progess of my order, it departed the Chicago USPS center but the last update was on June 5th, it has been 28 days since I heard from them and I know it was paid for since it's on the credit card bill but it has been stuck in-transit for the past 28 days.

Bigjackaal48

I don't post in Audiophile groups anymore, But I love how the community still has no clue what Neutral sound is. Will move the goalposts anytime someone questions them?, like how on bassier headphones the bass will be forced on any music. Ignorance like that seem to be not an issue with Speaker users?.

Hi-FiWolf95

Metal Misanthrope
I don't post in Audiophile groups anymore, But I love how the community still has no clue what Neutral sound is. Will move the goalposts anytime someone questions them?, like how on bassier headphones the bass will be forced on any music. Ignorance like that seem to be not an issue with Speaker users?.
^ Exactly. When you say red, they'll say blue, next time, when you say blue, they'll say red. They contradict an argument you bring up, then when you agree with them and find some truth in their argument, they'll say "what the fuck are you talking about", and then argue the original point you made to be correct, like they have bad short-term memory or some shit.

Not to mention, how they force their objectivity and subjectivity onto others. The objectivists will use their measurements to ultimately determine what people are going to "subjectively enjoy", and/or think people are "stupid, deaf, unscientific, or misinformed" if their ears don't agree, and the subjectivists are hardcore with the confirmation bias, what they like is great, "everything else is shit", never take into account other people's preferences, recommend audio equipment based on hype trains, and diss people with unpopular choices, and tell them that their own observations are simply wrong, or how it's "not correct" for them to make an unpopular assessment, "unless you have bad taste", or some shit like that.

The problem with the audiophile community is that some think that measurements determine everything, and others think that their own listening experience will determine what another person is going to perceive, but never take into account the many variables, or at the very least, respect that they exist.

It's like PC elitism, except with more fragmented propositions and conflation. The moment you have to justify why you like something of the contrary, or have to make a case which is completely reasonable, using objectivity and subjectivity when it's warranted, and get attacked for it, it definitely shows that it has gotten more cult-like over the last few years, especially in regards to certain brands and types of audio equipment.

Last edited:

Bigjackaal48

Exactly. When you say red, they'll say blue, next time, when you say blue, they'll say red. They contradict an argument you bring up, then when you agree with them and find some truth in their argument, they'll say "what the fuck are you talking about", and then argue the original point you made to be correct, like they have bad short-term memory or some shit.

Not to mention, how they force their objectivity and subjectivity onto others. The objectivists will use their measurements to ultimately determine what people are going to "subjectively enjoy", and/or think people are "stupid, deaf, unscientific, or misinformed" if their ears don't agree, and the subjectivists are hardcore with the confirmation bias, what they like is great, "everything else is shit", never take into account other people's preferences, recommend audio equipment based on hype trains, and diss people with unpopular choices, and tell them that their own observations are simply wrong, or how it's "not correct" for them to make an unpopular assessment, "unless you have bad taste", or some shit like that.

The problem with the audiophile community is that some think that measurements determine everything, and others think that their own listening experience will determine what another person is going to perceive, but never take into account the many variables, or at the very least, respect that they exist.

Had to deal with morons like that a lot that would contradict their views to the point of trolling. Like them claiming you can't get neutral flat bass but then in the same breath claim a headphone EQ'd or tuned with up to 10db of bass as being neutral bass. Then I would come back with them having a meltdown caused I pointed it there just Bassheads upset that the ER4 & HD600 are the most used and loved headphones. Also been noticing this a lot with lossless audio becoming the new norm been seeing more insecure posters on Reddit defend how they can't tell MP3 at all. While lashing out at folk showing music that break many lossy codecs?.

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
When people don't respond to private messages.

It's common decency to respond to personal messages. Been browsing artists for a significant commission. I've asked two artists about when they might open again, and so far one has read my note and the other has not.

I get that people are busy and I don't expect an immediate response. It's been a good few days now, though. Have the decency to respond with "I don't know" or "probably not for a long time" instead of just ignoring the message.

I am literally trying to pay a professional and they can't be asked to let me know if or when they'll be able to even hear what work I'm offering?
I have the quasi opposite problem, people want to talk and then don't answer my answers!

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
Vice-Admiral Holdo. Looks and acts like a self-absorbed Tumblrite, and is at least twice as obnoxious as Jar Jar.

Xitheon

The cat's mother.
The fact that Loki has a beautiful love interest in Loki the TV series. (Sylvie.)

I can't think about her because I get jealous and self destructive. I wish I was joking.

When I get obsessed with a fictional person I get a bit weird. I was in love with Sherlock (Cumberbatch) a few years ago and I nearly died when Irene Adler was introduced as a potential love interest.

the sleepiest kitty

(◡‿◡✿) ꪑꫀꪮ᭙
HEY WE SPEAK A DIFFERENT LANGUAGE THAN EVERYONE ELSE SO THAT MAKES IT OKAY TO SHOUT TO EACH OTHER FROM ACROSS THE STORE!!!
Or when they insult someone in their native language to each other, and the person they are making fun of actually knows their language. So then the person says something to them in their own language and they stop talking to each other completely out of sheer embarassment.

the sleepiest kitty

(◡‿◡✿) ꪑꫀꪮ᭙
I couldn't stand it when this person was self-diagnosing with PTSD--even though 2 or 3 doctors told them they did not have it at all--and they had the audacity to tell me that I wasn't showing signs of PTSD whenever my PTSD was triggered.

the sleepiest kitty

(◡‿◡✿) ꪑꫀꪮ᭙
I couldn't stand it when this person was self-diagnosing with PTSD--even though 2 or 3 doctors told them they did not have it at all--and they had the audacity to tell me that I wasn't showing signs of PTSD whenever my PTSD was triggered.
I mean, it's like girl please, I was diagnosed when I was eight years old.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!

Rayd

philosophy & psychology nerd
i get annoyed when i ask for somebody to repeat themselves because i can't hear them, then when they do repeat themselves they do so in the same exact volume and tone, not even putting in any effort to make sure you hear them.

more of a slight pet-peeve rather than a hatred, but.