• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Things That You Hate v3.0

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
When in highschool the teacher would ask students to take turns reading pages aloud for things like Shakespeare or whatever novel we were working on.

I didn't have a hard time reading in grade twelve but she constantly interrupted me thinking I would stumble over the words. I hated it, but looking back, there were still students that said kuh-nee instead of knee.

Iphones. Steve Jobs may have been an unabashed sociopathic jerk, but the batteries weren't made janky by design. They were much more limited at that time. You're telling me we now have batteries that can power electric cars, but they can't make a phone battery that doesn't poop itself after a few months of recharging it? You know what they say: build it to last and the customer never comes back. Build it to break, and you create a recurring customer...

JacobFloofWoof

Metal Misanthrope
People who call me dumb or stupid for pronouncing words from where or how I, or my parents were raised. For instance, I was called "stupid as fuck" for calling "square" pizza slices "Sicilian", when that's technically what they are called from how and/or where I was raised, usually by people who did not even grow up from where there is even some sort of an original cultural phenomena but have the delicacies there, and live in some generic ass place in America, where they are technical about everything with words but weren't even raised with a kind of lingo from an area. Someone even tried to school me or made implications about my Italian heritage about how tomato sauce is actually not called "sauce" but "gravy around here". Just imagine some generic American from buttfuck nowhere trying to tell you how to pronounce shit from where you know something, either a food, and item, or just a word in general was actually a thing, and what it's actually called by the people of that culture or area. I don't care if you want to tell me what you call it, but don't call me a stupid fuck, especially when you grew up in some generic place with only retail-chain based shit.

KimberVaile

Officially elected and actual ruler of FAF
Probably unwarranted self importance. You know the people who can never accept responsibility for their own actions and always have to blame somebody else for their shortcomings. It's pretty pathetic. Clearly it is somebody else's fault every single time something you dislike happens to you. Sure genius, you got it all figured out, don't you? Such a great intellect and understanding of the world you seem to posses.

Coughs Dunning Kruger Effect Clears throat

Last edited:

JacobFloofWoof

Metal Misanthrope
I kinda really actually hate food allergies and intolerances. Why can't we just... enjoy food without getting bloated or coming out in a rash or dying?
I wish I can just eat certain foods without extreme nausea the following day or so, lately I've been having more intolerances and sensitivities or growing extremity to the current ones, it's insane. Lately, I've been scared to eat sometimes.

JacobFloofWoof

Metal Misanthrope
Probably unwarranted self importance. You know the people who can never accept responsibility for their own actions and always have to blame somebody else for their shortcomings. It's pretty pathetic. Clearly it is somebody else's fault every single time something you dislike happens to you. Sure genius, you got it all figured out, don't you? Such a great intellect and understanding of the world you seem to posses.

It's your fault I can't get fox butt.

Attaman

"I say we forget this business and run."
Iphones. Steve Jobs may have been an unabashed sociopathic jerk, but the batteries weren't made janky by design. They were much more limited at that time. You're telling me we now have batteries that can power electric cars, but they can't make a phone battery that doesn't poop itself after a few months of recharging it? You know what they say: build it to last and the customer never comes back. Build it to break, and you create a recurring customer...
Unfortunately the shift to planned obsolescence and "Lease, not own"[1] has been shifting into high gear recently. Very much a thing I'm not fond of either, for fairly obvious reasons. Of course another disadvantage of planned obsolescence is that if things are built in mind to only last [x] duration anyhow, things that might have previously been seen as fairly significant design flaws (Likely to overheat and suffer increasingly noticeable damage / performance loss with each instance, for example) are now almost desirable as they are just one more screw in the overarching goal of "Product should be replaced every [x] years".

I'd like to say it'll eventually reach a breaking point, but in all honesty it'll probably take government intervention in at least one major market before that practice changes since it's becoming a bit too ingrained at this point and as far as money printers go they're a fairly easy one to accomplish. Particularly as competition winnows and one can respond to "You should stop that" with "Or what? You'll buy from... also me?"

[1] "Lease, not own" ties in to iPhones, Apple, planned obsolescence and whatnot since Apple has always been fairly big on "If you don't bring it back to Official Apple Stores to be worked on by Official Apple Workers your warranty is void", and while not quite similar to "Everything's shifting to Cloud, digital libraries, electronic copies, et al", it's the same basic principle of "Company can pretty much pull its support whenever".

contemplationistwolf

The Restless Maverick
When a group of people with barely developed reasoning and critical thinking skills, and a very limited collective set of perspectives, assemble together to form a very mouldy and mentally inbred clique, and then start collaborating for the sake of hyping up and aggressively pushing whatever narratives make them feel comfortable with little regard for the accuracy of said narratives.

contemplationistwolf

The Restless Maverick

Hey Kimber! You claimed to be against two-faced business. If that's a reference to me, then lets talk openly about it.
I've never pretended to have it all figured out, in fact, I'm usually very cautious about expressing my level of confidence and generally have no qualms admitting limited knowledge on topics. I also very much admit and face my shortcomings, and in the end, fix them, with ultimately positive outcomes in the end ^^

However, in quite many of the past situations, it's perfectly fair to put most of the blame on the party other than me. For instance, while I definitely feel sorry for being permissive of garbage behavior (and have apologized for that several times), I think it's perfectly fair to blame much more blame on the people who actually engaged in that behavior, especially given my past inexperience in dealing with such situations.

KimberVaile

Hey Kimber! You claimed to be against two-faced business. If that's a reference to me, then lets talk openly about it.
I've never pretended to have it all figured out, in fact, I'm usually very cautious about expressing my level of confidence and generally have no qualms admitting limited knowledge on topics. I also very much admit and face my shortcomings, and in the end, fix them, with ultimately positive outcomes in the end ^^

However, in quite many of the past situations, it's perfectly fair to put most of the blame on the party other than me. For instance, while I definitely feel sorry for being permissive of garbage behavior (and have apologized for that several times), I think it's perfectly fair to blame much more blame on the people who actually engaged in that behavior, especially given my past inexperience in dealing with such situations.
If you want to apply it to yourself, go ahead, but I wasn't referencing you in particular. You seem to be the only one holding to what happened about a year ago. I did tell you that I did not want to associate with you any longer and it still stands, but if you want to discuss any lingering matters in dms you are free to. With that said, this is a pretty inappropriate place to bring up drama. I am making a genuine attempt to be polite and not air any dirty laundry or recall what exactly transpired.

Last edited:

contemplationistwolf

The Restless Maverick
If you want to apply it to yourself, go ahead, but I wasn't referencing you in particular. You seem to be the only one holding to what happened about a year ago. I did tell you that I did not want to associate with you any longer and it still stands, but if you want to discuss any lingering matters in dms you are free to. With that said, this is a pretty inappropriate place to bring up drama. I am making a genuine attempt to be polite and not air any dirty laundry or recall what exactly transpired.
It was actually 4 months ago, and the shit it caused to me was pretty extensive, but alright. Deflect all you wish, I've addressed you, and I'm perfectly happy to not associate anymore either.

KimberVaile

It was actually 4 months ago, and the shit it caused to me was pretty extensive, but alright. Deflect all you wish, I've addressed you, and I'm perfectly happy to not associate anymore either.
Keep in mind, I'm just trying to live my life and mind my own business. I have afforded that to you, and I would wish you do the same for me. I would consider that basic decency. While I am of the opinion the majority of your distress is self inflicted, I am sorry you had to deal with it. I do not wish you ill, regardless of how I feel about what happened.

contemplationistwolf

The Restless Maverick
Keep in mind, I'm just trying to live my life and mind my own business. I have afforded that to you, and I would wish you do the same for me. While I am of the opinion the majority of your distress is self inflicted, regardless, I am sorry you had to deal with it.
Fair enough, we can do that. I have faced my own shortcomings, but definitely disagree that the majority of the fault is on me. I'm happy to leave it at that.

Punji

Vaskebjørn
@Punji Hey, what's up?

Sticker.png

No comment. :>