• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Things That You Hate v3.0

When people see a closed bedroom door (that they don't pay for) and assume that it's appropriate to open it at any time.
Well, they certainly lose the right to complain if they are one day greeted by full frontal nudity then. That's why knocking is a thing.

I hate this Yoimiya Genshin Impact ad that plays on crunchyroll non-stop. I will now go out of my way to never buy their BoTW clone.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
People who brag about spending money intended to support them through the pandemic on luxury goods.

If you don't need it, there are plenty of people for whom it would have made a literal world of difference. But no. You indulge yourself like a greedy little child.

O

O.D.D.

People who brag about spending money intended to support them through the pandemic on luxury goods.

If you don't need it, there are plenty of people for whom it would have made a literal world of difference. But no. You indulge yourself like a greedy little child.
Anyone who spends stimulus aid on a new TV or other frivolity is an idiot and they deserve to learn the hard way. I'm operating at approximately 1 month's income in my bank at the moment and aside from a handful of niceties that I'm still mildly regretting indulging myself with I've been scrambling to tighten my belt hard because I refuse to take any windfall for granted anymore.

Yakamaru

Mr. Villanous charm

Even worse: People who are on welfare, spend most of their money on stupidass LUXURY items, BRAGS about it on social media, THEN fucking complains that they don't have enough money for food, drinks, utility bills, etc.

Best part is? When addressed in an adult manner they freak out and attack you for it. 10/10 will do it every time.

Even worse: People who are on welfare, spend most of their money on stupidass LUXURY items, BRAGS about it on social media, THEN fucking complains that they don't have enough money for food, drinks, utility bills, etc.

Best part is? When addressed in an adult manner they freak out and attack you for it. 10/10 will do it every time.
To add to this, financially irresponsible people who go to furry conventions and then beg for emergency food/rent/bills funds on Twitter after dropping probably a thousand dollars or more on the travel, hotel, food, and dealer's den goods. Or even worse, the few people I feel like that beg under the pretense of needing emergency funds for rent THEN go to a convention the same month. Like, you know you just paid for their convention expenses, right?

Yakamaru

Mr. Villanous charm
To add to this, financially irresponsible people who go to furry conventions and then beg for emergency food/rent/bills funds on Twitter after dropping probably a thousand dollars or more on the travel, hotel, food, and dealer's den goods. Or even worse, the few people I feel like that beg under the pretense of needing emergency funds for rent THEN go to a convention the same month. Like, you know you just paid for their convention expenses, right?
One of the reasons I hate it whenever I see self-entitled people on welfare do this shit. I don't pay taxes for you to indulge yourself in hobbies and other crap for then to have you whine and complain that you don't get enough money. My taxes ought to go to you being able to live between jobs as a temporary measure, or in a worst case scenario, have something that sustains you if you literally cannot work. It's not meant to replace a job, and literally never will.

Welfare is a privilege and needs to be perceived as such. You are literally living off of other people and the taxes that they pay to sustain your sorry ass, the very least you can do is show some humility and respect and be financially responsible with the money you DO receive.

KimberVaile

Officially elected and actual ruler of FAF
One of the reasons I hate it whenever I see self-entitled people on welfare do this shit. I don't pay taxes for you to indulge yourself in hobbies and other crap for then to have you whine and complain that you don't get enough money. My taxes ought to go to you being able to live between jobs as a temporary measure, or in a worst case scenario, have something that sustains you if you literally cannot work. It's not meant to replace a job, and literally never will.

Welfare is a privilege and needs to be perceived as such. You are literally living off of other people and the taxes that they pay to sustain your sorry ass, the very least you can do is show some humility and respect and be financially responsible with the money you DO receive.
Are you telling me I have to take responsibility for my frivolous spending? Let me lecture you on how morally irresponsible you are for criticizing me.

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child

Used to see those 'emergency' add all the time and I can't believe how gullible some people are!

But let's keep the ball rolling. 8) I have seen shitty parents living off the system and taking advantage of every person they know by getting them to watch their kids while they go out to drink. After seeing scraps of food in their fridge and so many empty cupboards, I wasn't gonna ask for baby sitter money but that's okay because they never had the money in the end!

And of course, one of the other wilder stories of someone I went to highschool with, begging and pleading for emergency funds, while working on one of the Navy boats as a stewardess, but not specifying that she only served food, but led people to believe that she was a sailor, and then people were dumb enough to not notice her posting all of her most recent purchases on instagram- all anime dolls and expensive figurines.

Yakamaru

Mr. Villanous charm
Are you telling me I have to take responsibility for my frivolous spending? Let me lecture you on how morally irresponsible you are for criticizing me.
What.jpg

You what, love? You trying to imply I want people to take personal responsibility and hold themselves accountable for their own finances? Good lord, can't have any of that. Gotta blame someone else living across the country. :>

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner

Will admit I'm one of those people who received money, probably shouldn't have, and wasn't exactly stellar about spending it. Redoing one's living quarters still kinda counts as a luxury good, no matter how many discount stores you get the materials from and no matter how much a boost of genuine confidence and structure (and the corresponding will to fix one's life) it provides.

Pretty much the only reason I tolerated receiving that support money was because I wasn't singled out for it (I'm talking about the 2-3 checks much of the US populace got - I don't receive weekly or monthly benefits for stuff like "support through the pandemic" as I don't need or want them). I genuinely hate being singled out for help when I'm not specifically and blatantly asking for that help, and I hate being rushed into said help.

Fact of the matter is, without that extra bit suddenly opening up room in my life I'd PROBABLY still be slogging along without focusing on clearing my known debt once and for all. (As for what "unknown debt" would be? I'd count the checks as just one example.)

To get back to "hated things" when it comes to spending money, I once said something in the vent thread about stores allowing lottery tickets (I count "gambling" as a luxury good, BIG TIME) to be bought on debit or credit. MERCIFULLY, there are still only a couple stores that have gone that route in my area.

That there's even one that does drives me crazy to no end.

Nexus Cabler

Draconic technophile
People online who take Astrology way too seriously and literally. I don't dislike Astrology itself. Just those who end up... eh, you all know what I mean.

ben909

vaporeon
People online who take Astrology way too seriously and literally. I don't dislike Astrology itself. Just those who end up... eh, you all know what I mean.
thats the "what month you were born" stuff right

ben909

vaporeon

Kinguyakki

Alignment: Chaotic Stupid

I get people being laid off, especially now. Lots of places have had to downsize or close entirely, and it's not their fault.

But even before 2020 happened, I was seeing a lot of the same people chronically unemployed, begging for others to gofund them for basic things or emergency veterinary bills or car payments or rent. That kind of thing makes me suspicious, especially when they're still getting art, or going to cons, or adding new pets to their home.

Regret

Insert Witticism Here

Not online, but a group of college kids were going on and on about astrology and how it impacts daily life and relationships. It was quite a surreal experience to overhear.

O

O.D.D.

I rather like the idea of safety nets especially given the past year+

I dislike when people turn a safety net into a hammock. It's not just the idea of abusing something designed to get you back on your feet. It's the idea of people resigning themselves to that, abandoning ANY kind of pride in being able to stand on their own two feet. There's more to this but it veers into politics so... yeah.

DieselPowered

But cons are more important than housing, everyone knows that.
One person's irresponsibility doesn't excuse another's.

Erix

>‿‿◕
I hate regrets

They scar your mind, leaving a mark that can’t be truly healed. The best you can do is lock it in a cage and swallow the key, and hope to forget it even exists.

But you can’t ever fully forget.

At the same time, they are apart of who I am, and they help stop me from repeating the same mistake. From either committing or being the victim of said mistake.

I hate regrets