• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Things That You Hate v3.0

O

O.D.D.

I hate acid reflux. Holy shit this bitch hurts.
I find that Prilosec (Omeprazole) works pretty well and it's OTC. Tums and Rolaids give temporary relief but with acid reflux it comes back with a vengeance after taking those.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
I rather like the idea of safety nets especially given the past year+

I dislike when people turn a safety net into a hammock. It's not just the idea of abusing something designed to get you back on your feet. It's the idea of people resigning themselves to that, abandoning ANY kind of pride in being able to stand on their own two feet. There's more to this but it veers into politics so... yeah.

Ironically, 'I proudly and deliberately wasted money intended to help me through the pandemic,' is a behaviour I have tended to see in people who are usually very critical of social safety net spending.
Perhaps they're trying to prove a point. Perhaps they believe social safety nets are a waste of money, and this means they feel entitled to waste the money given to them.
This kind of behaviour could very easily back-fire on them if they do come upon hard times during the pandemic though, and yeah it just strikes me as a bit heartless to deliberately waste money when there are so many people it could have helped.

Talking around the topic more generally, I saw some posts in this thread imply that folk in receipt of wellfare are pathetic people. I don't want to encourage broad-brush political opinions like that, so perhaps I shouldn't have brought the subject up.
I was also reflecting yesterday after I posted that in some circumstances it can be difficult to tell if somebody has frivolously spent pandemic support money.

e.g. if somebody has 5000 in their bank account, receives 500 in support, and spends 100 dollars on buying movies over the next few months, it would be difficult to tell whether that 500 extra went 'towards' the movies etc. So there was a level of complexity I guess I was overlooking.

My original post was prompted by somebody displaying an image of luxury items on social media and declaring it was how they spent the money, so yeah- I was seeing red at the idea of that.

O

O.D.D.

Ironically, 'I proudly and deliberately wasted money intended to help me through the pandemic,' is a behaviour I have tended to see in people who are usually very critical of social safety net spending.
Perhaps they're trying to prove a point. Perhaps they believe social safety nets are a waste of money, and this means they feel entitled to waste the money given to them.
This kind of behaviour could very easily back-fire on them if they do come upon hard times during the pandemic though, and yeah it just strikes me as a bit heartless to deliberately waste money when there are so many people it could have helped.

Talking around the topic more generally, I saw some posts in this thread imply that folk in receipt of wellfare are pathetic people. I don't want to encourage broad-brush political opinions like that, so perhaps I shouldn't have brought the subject up.
I was also reflecting yesterday after I posted that in some circumstances it can be difficult to tell if somebody has frivolously spent pandemic support money.

e.g. if somebody has 5000 in their bank account, receives 500 in support, and spends 100 dollars on buying movies over the next few months, it would be difficult to tell whether that 500 extra went 'towards' the movies etc. So there was a level of complexity I guess I was overlooking.

My original post was prompted by somebody displaying an image of luxury items on social media and declaring it was how they spent the money, so yeah- I was seeing red at the idea of that.
I mean, that bites THEM in the ass barring someone coming along and bailing them out. I refuse to begrudge people falling on hard times from utilizing safety nets while corporations continue to receive major bailouts but for fuck's sake people think ahead a little

Regret

Insert Witticism Here
Last two bolts of the last plate, of the last job of the day, and my last shift for the year and managed to cut up my left hand. Typical and what away to end, but at least I have the remaining portion of this week mostly to myself as a consolation prize.

Regret

Insert Witticism Here
It's kind of scary that there are people in higher education who believe in astrology.
I thought it was more funny than anything but I can see what you mean. Sad thing is, that's one of the more benign opinions and hot takes that you'll hear.

Kinguyakki

Alignment: Chaotic Stupid
Kids are kids, college kids included. Just because someone's gone to a center of education to learn something doesn't mean they don't believe a bunch of nonsensical shit on the side, fools do gain degrees after all.
True, there are people who literally spend years of college to become religious leaders. I know one who just graduated with a masters in divinity. . .

JacobFloofWoof

Metal Misanthrope
Dismissive doctors and many people's perception of mental health; "you're just crazy, annoying, and/or making excuses, a troll, not welcome here because of how you act socially, and must simply be a persona non grata, etc". My patience with people is fucking gone, I'm fucking tired of fighting with people and making time wasting cases on my own behalf when nobody even fucking cares to listen anyway, continuely spreading personal insults and accusations about my mental health, or slander me as a person, whichever is convenient at the time to make their cognitively dissonant assessment of my situation. Fuck trying to get closure from ignorant and arrogant passive-aggressive pieces of shit. Fuck doctors too, these useless fucking cunts that just blow me off and don't even want to hear my struggles before making assumptions.

Also, if it wasn't for this bitch years back, who plays doctor with a PHD, I'll just say, I could have prevented a larger problem that I am dealing with today, but she downplayed my concerns and tests I requested at the time of the appointment. To this day, that bitch can go fuck herself.

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
I dun liek when people bulge their eyes out of their sockets to feign interest in something
U look spooky
Stop id
Making small talk at the cash register is not that exciting, please stop lying, it's okay

Nexus Cabler

Draconic technophile
When I'm behind people who start long conversations with the cashier and are unaware there is a line behind them.

It's nice that you are feeling social, but please be considerate of other people's time.

O

O.D.D.

people who throw fits in stores.... like seriously, why though?
It works sometimes, unfortunately. Been there, seen it happen. Managers will occasionally roll over for a pissant customer because it's perceived as being cheaper and easier than the alternatives.

Shyy

slightly confused, mostly fun loving Protogen
Screechy harpies of ALL ilks. F*ck off, already. I don't care about your opinion/angle/thoughts/inputs/whatever.

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
I am becoming thoroughly disgusted with eBay (Evil Bay). I was last minute bidding on a guitar I was wanting, started out at $25 USD ten days ago. Went to $31, then $35 and sat like that for eight more days. Yesterday morning, it was up to $131 USD with something like thirty or more bids. This afternoon it was up to $135 USD with forty-seven bids. My limit was $203.99 USD so with twenty seconds to go, I bid that. Of course, there's the confirmatio of bid screen so I clicked that right away. A few seconds later, the Bidding Ended screen came up, then the "Hey! You're the winner! Pay Now!!" screen pops up. Total bids? Over two hundred. One bidder used a sniper program, going up by 25¢ at a shot. Another bidder, up by a dime each bid. I ended up paying $158 USD plus shipping and taxes. I remember the old days when you had to snipe by hand, no programs to do it for you. I don't know how many things I have lost on fleaBay to a sniping program. I hate sniping!

Shyy

slightly confused, mostly fun loving Protogen
F*cking "campers"- a plague on the not-so-fair auction AND gaming sites. "We hates them, we hates them forever"- Smeegle/Gollem

Fcomega121

Friendly Maned fox+Phoenix

JacobFloofWoof

Metal Misanthrope
Seemingly, the essence of being an American is paying taxes/worrying about prosperity, consuming garbage, and living in fear of ongoing and future crises. Where's this so-called "American Dream", where's this "Liberty and happiness", and why are all the above achievable only for extremely wealthy and influential people, but there are so many exceptions for 98% of the population?

Kiba_Okami

Not a weeb(totally) ;w;
Seemingly, the essence of being an American is paying taxes/worrying about prosperity, consuming garbage, and living in fear of ongoing and future crises. Where's this so-called "American Dream", where's this "Liberty and happiness", and why are all the above achievable only for extremely wealthy and influential people, but there are so many exceptions for 98% of the population?
And In relation to this community, furries have such a bad reputation here in the US.

It's such bullshit man ;~;