• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Things That You Hate v3.0

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
Windows 10, forever and always.
Hate or like?

I despise Windows in any flavor. Win 11 looks like a flipping Mac, for crying out loud! If I wanted a Mac, I would have bought one!

Going to go with Mint Linux when Redmond decides to no longer support my Window$ 10 distro. Fuck them. My Micro$oft $tore doesn't work, crashes before it's really open and there's no way to fix it other than a full reinstall. Like I'm really gonna do that.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Hate or like?

I despise Windows in any flavor. Win 11 looks like a flipping Mac, for crying out loud! If I wanted a Mac, I would have bought one!

Going to go with Mint Linux when Redmond decides to no longer support my Window$ 10 distro. Fuck them. My Micro$oft $tore doesn't work, crashes before it's really open and there's no way to fix it other than a full reinstall. Like I'm really gonna do that.

I dislike windows 10 for varied reasons.

I have used Ubuntu on a different machine, but it didn't perform very well because the hardware was quite old.

JacobFloofWoof

Metal Misanthrope
I dislike windows 10 for varied reasons.

I have used Ubuntu on a different machine, but it didn't perform very well because the hardware was quite old.
Windows 10 is such a resource hungry convoluted mess of navigating through various menus of both metro and classic styles just to get to the source files and settings. Everything is so bulky, square, and serves little purpose to desktop users imo.

Regret

Insert Witticism Here
Defective graduate students who have to make a scene when they do not get their way. I swear, I have yet to meet a functional and well adjusted doctoral student in real life.

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
Defective graduate students who have to make a scene when they do not get their way. I swear, I have yet to meet a functional and well adjusted doctoral student in real life.
Its scary how many people expect to be pushed through, or how many people are willing to cheat just to get to the other side. Almost everyone I've met in person and online, has admitted to cheating and even having other people complete their assignments!

Fallowfox

Its scary how many people expect to be pushed through, or how many people are willing to cheat just to get to the other side. Almost everyone I've met in person and online, has admitted to cheating and even having other people complete their assignments!

!?

ben909

vaporeon character is busy so coffee mushroom now

Regret

Insert Witticism Here

It's not the cheating, even though that is an issue, it's the entitled attitude. Graduate student got real belligerent because an undergrad in an intro class had the audacity to second guess and correct him. Instead of admitting he messed up and congratulating the student for catching the mistake, he instead decided that the correct course of action was to belittle her by stating that one should not attempt to try and correct someone who works in research or undermine him in front of his class and colleagues..

Why congratulate someone and suggest pursuing this program because of their aptitude or some other such positive reinforcement when instead you can make yourself feel real big by flaunting your seniority, and irrelevant experience in a bid to stroke your intellectual ego?

Fcomega121

Friendly Maned Wolf + Phoenix
I hate drama ;w;

LikelyHyena

Working in IT I've grown to hate just about every company involved in this industry.
Every other week some big company pushes out an update that somehow brakes printing, nothing ever works 100% anymore because one seems to take any pride in putting out a quality product and support for anything more than a femtosecond out of date is near impossible to get -_-

ben909

Working in IT I've grown to hate just about every company involved in this industry.
Every other week some big company pushes out an update that somehow brakes printing, nothing ever works 100% anymore because one seems to take any pride in putting out a quality product and support for anything more than a femtosecond out of date is near impossible to get -_-
printers are all cursed

ben909

insert long hateful speach for people that don't cover their nose with a mask when it's required

Fallowfox

Unless I'm misunderstanding something...
you haven't met or heard of people people that cheat/bribe their way to the top?
I came across some students taking drugs they believed enhanced their memory, if that counts. Not a wise behaviour obviously.

The idea of cheating being endemic and normal at an institution shocks me.

Yakamaru

Yee to the haw
Unless I'm misunderstanding something...
you haven't met or heard of people people that cheat/bribe their way to the top?
It's funny to see these people end up failing utterly due to being incompetent and have to take personal responsibility.