• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Things That You Hate v3.0

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
Sweating due to working hard all day, then having cold feet as soon as you can relax!

Punji

Daedric Prince of Secrets
The "not my problem" half-assed mentality way too prevalent in society.

Return the cart, put your garage in the trash, and don't just leave a problem for someone else to deal with.

Half my day is just doing things that other people should have done instead.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
The "not my problem" half-assed mentality way too prevalent in society.

Return the cart, put your garage in the trash, and don't just leave a problem for someone else to deal with.

Half my day is just doing things that other people should have done instead.

I saw 2 children riding a shopping cart down the street the other day. Now it's in a ditch in the woods.

Ennui Elemental

Eat shit and die, tankie assholes
Banned
Not going to do anything about # 25, right?
Of course they aren't. It took an act of Congress to get a security camera on the back lot to scare off some of the drug dealers. It took a police warrant/raid to get a dealer out of one of the other apartments. The lady on lower level who called everyone pedophiles was kind enough to fuck off of her own volition because no one else was able to get her out despite her vandalizing cars.

Filter

ɹǝʇlᴉℲ
I've never been into Dune. People tell me I should love it, and they're surprised to learn that I don't. It's not for a lack of trying, either. Vague memories of sand, giant worms, eyes glowing because of a drug or something called "spice". Sting was in it, as was Patrick Stewart, but they weren't enough to save the movie. The new version looks even less appealing to me. Maybe I would enjoy the franchise more if I had read the books first.

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
I've never been into Dune. People tell me I should love it, and they're surprised to learn that I don't. It's not for a lack of trying, either. Vague memories of sand, giant worms, eyes glowing because of a drug or something called "spice". Sting was in it, as was Patrick Stewart, but they weren't enough to save the movie. The new version looks even less appealing to me. Maybe I would enjoy the franchise more if I had read the books first.
I hear it's a book series so cramming everything into movie form has been hard to pull off well.

I'm personally not interested. The whole concept sounds meh to me.

Ennui Elemental

Banned
Opposite. As someone who's read most if not all of the books, it will make you despise any attempt to condense them into movies

Filter

ɹǝʇlᴉℲ
I hear it's a book series so cramming everything into movie form has been hard to pull off well.

I'm personally not interested. The whole concept sounds meh to me.
Good point, but I'd say there's a right and a wrong way to do it. Take some of the exciting parts, maybe add lens flares along with an explosion or two amp up the love story angle, and you might wind up with a blockbuster hit. The book is usually still better, but the movie can still be fun. Basically the opposite of 1980s Dune.

Opposite. As someone who's read most if not all of the books, it will make you despise any attempt to condense them into movies
I can appreciate that. If or when somebody makes a screen adaptation of the Ringworld series, for instance, the result will almost certainly disappoint me. Even Lord of the Rings didn't live up to my expectations (although I'll admit those films are worth seeing). With Dune, the movies essentially ruined my desire to read the books. I can wrap my head around it intellectually. I know that it probably deserves its reputation as a classic, but the movie adaptations are hard to move beyond. In other words, I hate it when bad movies ruin books.

CetaceanLover23

Hockey Rules!!
Banned
The L.A. Kings current home and away jerseys. They are boring as hell.

(Dark is home, white is away)

Attachments

• 136B7A4E-9445-4B56-BD40-AC7B2BBE0D31.jpeg
    136B7A4E-9445-4B56-BD40-AC7B2BBE0D31.jpeg
    187.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 4C554CB2-1E0A-40E9-B5EC-5CFDDF5E0942.jpeg
    4C554CB2-1E0A-40E9-B5EC-5CFDDF5E0942.jpeg
    142 KB · Views: 2

MechaMegs

The Red Menace
Banned
the lack of originality to the stories told in hollywood blockbusters that get mega attention over films that tell a better and original story.

Ennui Elemental

Banned
I'm getting really close to just calling the cops to report possible DV

I'm not sure I care if it's happening, I kind of wish they would kill or maim each other

I just want them to SHUT THE FUCK UP