• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Things That You Hate v3.0

Yakamaru

Cyberpunk musta Susi
People. :>

Yakamaru

Cyberpunk musta Susi

Savarin_Divin

Goddess ✵ Grand Star Divina
R.jpg

Not you guys but yeah I feel yah. I just remember this
If not like this then be like this

Any who, going back into the ether now. (I don't hate everyone just the few special parasites. You know them. . .)

Yakamaru

Cyberpunk musta Susi
Let me reiterate:

/s

Savarin_Divin

Savarin_Divin

So clear it up the air don't like getting off on the wrong foot, how about I make it more clear my end I hate bullies and others who pick on others just to feel high and mighty just so they can have a kick of power for a few mins before crushing reality hits them again. Bullying is really not cool and sticks with anyone for years.
That's the thing I hate fur or not.
(if that makes sense sorry if that seem too real for some out here reading this, I just don't stand for that) well back to ether with me. -waves-

Ennui Elemental

Eat shit and die, tankie assholes
Banned
When people go "electronic music is shit" and use Skrillex as the ur-example of "electronic, therefore shit".

I completely get not liking Skrillex, I personally think his work is vastly overrated at best. Electronic is a HUGE umbrella and I've heard some absolutely ASTONISHING work from a number of electronic subgenres.

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
Gaming multiple choice exams is part of the problem, in my opinion. Something that can come back to bite you later, if you haven't learned the material well enough. They don't necessarily demonstrate the extent of your knowledge. At least not as well as short answers and essays do.

This reminds me of a test-taking method described by one of my old high school teachers: Hold up for fingers, and then whack them on the edge of your desk. The finger that hurts the most is the correct answer. It was obviously a joke, but 1 in 4 is better odds than somebody correctly answering an essay or fill-in-the-blank question without actually knowing the answer.

Trick answers can be included to make multiple choice more difficult, but that doesn't necessarily help if you're prone to overthinking. Especially when there are multiple viable competing theories. Maybe the teacher is a flat-earther, for instance, and you need to consider that before selecting "B" rather than "C". At least written answers let you plead your case. Plus, if you only earn partial credit, you should have a better sense of where your knowledge is lacking, or that you didn't arrive at the answer the teacher wants, and what you can do to improve your performance on subsequent exams.
So, I took the tests but I had never read the specific text that went with the exams. I had plenty of experience in every test I took so spotting the wrong answers was easy. The ASE exams as a whole didn't have "trick" questions, it was usually an oddly worded answer. And as an instructor, you kind of learn to read a test, too. somebody walking in off the street wouldn't have been able to score well unless they were a testing savant.

So technically, I wasn't gaming the tests per se. I had students that would reconstruct first shift tests after the test was given so the second and third shift students could pass them too, but again, as an instructor, you know if someone can't answer classroom questions or know how to do something in the shop setting, they are cheating.

And, I guess someone that would overthink the question would have a hard time with the correct answer, too. So, something like this;

You're charging a 2018 Dodge Craptastico air conditioning system from empty with 1.5 ounces of PAG oil and 5.1 pounds of R134-A refrigerant. What pressures should you see on your gauges once the system is filled to the correct capacity?

1) High side should be 150 psi, low side 20 psi in Park with engine running.
2) High side should be 250.5 psi (5.1 pounds X 50) and the low side less than 30 psi.
3) High side should be at least 200 psi, low side should be at least 20 psi as long as it doesn't short cycle.
4) Check the service manual recommendations.

Any ganders on the correct answer the ASE test would want? HInt; it's not a trick question.

Ennui Elemental

Eat shit and die, tankie assholes
Banned
So, I took the tests but I had never read the specific text that went with the exams. I had plenty of experience in every test I took so spotting the wrong answers was easy. The ASE exams as a whole didn't have "trick" questions, it was usually an oddly worded answer. And as an instructor, you kind of learn to read a test, too. somebody walking in off the street wouldn't have been able to score well unless they were a testing savant.

So technically, I wasn't gaming the tests per se. I had students that would reconstruct first shift tests after the test was given so the second and third shift students could pass them too, but again, as an instructor, you know if someone can't answer classroom questions or know how to do something in the shop setting, they are cheating.

And, I guess someone that would overthink the question would have a hard time with the correct answer, too. So, something like this;

You're charging a 2018 Dodge Craptastico air conditioning system from empty with 1.5 ounces of PAG oil and 5.1 pounds of R134-A refrigerant. What pressures should you see on your gauges once the system is filled to the correct capacity?

1) High side should be 150 psi, low side 20 psi in Park with engine running.
2) High side should be 250.5 psi (5.1 pounds X 5) and the low side less than 30 psi.
3) High side should be at least 200 psi, low side should be at least 20 psi as long as it doesn't short cycle.
4) Check the service manual recommendations.

Any ganders on the correct answer the ASE test would want? HInt; it's not a trick question.
RTFM always applies.

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
RTFM always applies.
And you wouldn't believe how many people just buy a bottle of that refrigerant at the store, then just put it all in, either overcharging the system or finding out how bad the included "Stop Leak" in said refrigerant is to a tiny orifice valve that makes your A/C cool correctly.

Yup, RTMFM. And make sure that's a real shop manual, not a Chiltons. For my truck, the Chiltons covers seventeen years of trucks, three generations. Not always correct. The correct factory manual covers only seven years, all one generation of truck and is has all the service bulletins, too.

Minerva_Minx

Sheogorath is my co-pilot
I hate how some people just assume you're stupid, always bitchy or hard to work with, or just waiting to make a move as an introvert at work. I don't want to deal with mass amounts of people. If you like what I do or did for you, thank me and move on. Don't need to gush on it. Also, don't need to go slow or give me a eulogy on your problem. I don't care if it was you, someone else, or natural causes that caused the bad thing to happen: get to the problem, let me fix it, and we can both move on. ugh.

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
The human detritus who keep vandalizing the mail boxes in my shithole building in my shithole neighborhood of my shithole city

Oh but I'll be moving out soon

Bigjackaal48

People who think their opinion Is the only thing allowed without any room to say anything at all. I love how HydrogenAudio is perfect example of the hostile & childish types, On ASR forums I vented how I got spitted out because I found samples with AAC/MP3/Vorbis/Opus that either need 320kbps or artifact at 320kbps. But when I tested 175kbps Musepack any sample I threw at It it was artifact free yet to find a sample that requires 256kbps VBR. Then I got a user replying to me saying none of the stuff I said happened I'm just a weak troll even when I called him out got zero reply, Beyond another user saying I should "Grow a pair" ignoring folk in my linked threads telling me to fuck off even when I posted the samples they asked for.

When I told him fuck off suddenly a mod temp bans me for 2 days because hounding users or being passive aggressive is totally okay?.

Nexus Cabler

Conduit of Synergy
Customers in food joints that don't throw away their trash, when there's a trash bin right across the room.

They'd rather leave a huge mess there, for some worker to clean up.

"This meal was satisfactory enough, now clean up my mess you underpaid person I see beneath me"

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
I hate OSTANN with all my being UUUGH!

I just hope they get kicked out... these Outrageously Super Temperamental And Noisy Neighbors
I lived in this quiet apartment complex, well, quiet until three Silicon Valley workers rented the apartment next door to be a weekend party house. That way, they couldn't get kicked out of their regular digs. One weekend, the party started on Friday night late, kept going through Sunday. After much arguing, the manager threw them out. Next renter was Mexican, from Mexico and he mounted his stereo speakers on our common wall and played Rancho music so loud, I could sing with it. Finally, one Saturday I coulnd't watch television, he was so loud. I could not hear my show with the volume at 100%. I put my 500 watt bass guitar combo amp up against the wall, put in some ear plugs, dimed the volume on the amp and my bass and jammed for about an hour. I stopped, pulled one earplug and heard pounding on the front door. It was the neighbor, looking like an explosion went off in his apartment. He's screaming about his shit fell off the walls and his ears are ringing. I just laughed and said, "You take down the speakers off the common wall and I never hear your music again." Man he couldn't agree to that fast enough. within minutes, I hear his speakers being unscrewed from the wall. Very satisfying. He moved that month.

Missed subway trains. :(
westoakland14sm.jpg
that looks like BART. I lived in Fremont, at one time so near to the BART tracks we heard the squealing from the flanges on the wheels. Used it a lot to go to Oakland for jury duty.

Last edited:

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
It's like 3 degrees above 0 after windchill right now.

Holy SHIT that is unfun to go out in wearing scrubs.
It was 58°f yesterday with a bit of heavy rain. It's 26°f, windy and clear right now. Froze my ass off going out to get the mail. I think it only got to 34° for the daily high.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
Mukbang

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
I hate weather forecasts! Example; On Monday, it looks like massive storms by the weekend. By the next day, the storm might not look so bad. By Thursday, it's some rain and wind. Saturday? It's clear and sunny. All plans for Saturday were abandoned, so now I'm sitting, doing nothing with my family.

Fukkin' weather forecasters.

Fcomega121

Friendly Maned Wolf + Phoenix
Getting fake hope on things getting better about me feeling neglected, and seeing them come back to the same place