• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Things That You Hate v3.0

Connor J. Coyote

¥otie ¥otezer
Hmm.... honestly.... I can't stand people who think they know it all. :)
April+Wright+Header.jpg

Shyy

slightly confused, mostly fun loving Protogen
The vast majority of people- flat out irrational when comes to trying to engage in a conversation. Amazing how fast they try to turn it either political or, worse, about vaccinated vs not vacinninated. Stop the world, I want off, please.

Hoodwinks

Commission Slots: OPEN
Getting a blister.

I never asked for pain with every step as the price to break in new shoes, but pain is what I get.

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
Getting a blister.

I never asked for pain with every step as the price to break in new shoes, but pain is what I get.
Let me make a comment about "breaking In' new shoes. If they don't fit the first time you wear them, they're not a good fit for your feet. This applies to most shoes, except sneakers.

Speaking of sneakers, I bought a new pair of New Balance 608 shoes. Been wearing 10.5, needed 11.0 the last ones, back to 10.5 now and they all fit about the same. Go figure.

And, my favorite cowboy boots; Ariat went to this blunt toe look that seems like somebody was kicking a wall all day long! I like a good old P toe with a cutback cowboy riding heel. Is that too much to ask for? Going to try a different shop this month, just to see what I can find.

GarthTheWereWolf

Captious Lycanthrope of Forum Legend
I hate that the upper management at hospital I work at has decided that due to staffing shortages even if a staff member tests positive for covid they still have to come in to work. Just they work on the covid ward.

Only were also being told we have to float to that ward to work as needed if we aren’t infected. So we’re being floated there and having not only the patient area but the nursing station be filled with sick people.

I want to slap the moron that thinks this is okay.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
The vast majority of people- flat out irrational when comes to trying to engage in a conversation. Amazing how fast they try to turn it either political or, worse, about vaccinated vs not vacinninated. Stop the world, I want off, please.

I would settle for stop the country I want off, but for some reason folk decided that we're better off being trapped inside and only allowed out for tourism.

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
I would settle for stop the country I want off, but for some reason folk decided that we're better off being trapped inside and only allowed out for tourism.
I hate to have to risk my health just to do grocery shopping. Ordered from my local Kroger for pickup, got about one-half of what I ordered. Drove home, grabbed a second mask and some nitrile gloves, went back to see what I could get that wasn't picked for us the first time. Guess what? Got the rest, everything they said was out of stock. I think I had a lazy picker that didn't want to do their job. BTW, our county is RED for covid cases. Yeah. Almost nobody had a mask on in the store besides the staff.

Hint; I park next to the shopping cart corral, or buggy corral if you may, I put on my masks, nitrile gloves, then grab a basket from the corral after I hose down the handle and top rails with Endbac II disinfectant. I wipe the handle with a paper towel after the spritz has sat for a few minutes, then I pitch out the paper towel in one of the store's trash bins. Gloves don't come off until I put the basket away.

I'm so tired of this.

Firuthi Dragovic

World Serpent, overly defensive
I hate that the upper management at hospital I work at has decided that due to staffing shortages even if a staff member tests positive for covid they still have to come in to work. Just they work on the covid ward.

Only were also being told we have to float to that ward to work as needed if we aren’t infected. So we’re being floated there and having not only the patient area but the nursing station be filled with sick people.

I want to slap the moron that thinks this is okay.
Y'know, I have to ask the dumb question: How up to date are you on your own shots?

You've made clear how the rest of your situation is, I figure I'd ask about the one bit of extra protection (above and beyond standard equipment on the job) you can reasonably do. Even if it's kind of a berserk button because it became mandatory when it logically should have already been.

Where I am, a large number of people (including a lot of people Kellan's age and up) are either not caring or merely going through the motions.

I've pretty much accepted that having the shot and booster is pretty much all I can do at this point. I would quickly run out of cognitive resources if I had to take Kellan's route through everything and I know it, and I don't take well to constant handling of disinfectant due to skin issues, so avoiding people and reducing the number of germy surfaces I touch in the first place tends to be how I approach it.

Punji

Daedric Prince of Secrets
Not to advise foolishness or a nihilistic approach to the situation, but I don't see the point in worrying about it. Staying safe is all that can be done. If Coivd comes, it comes. It might not, so don't do yourself in with stress.

If anyone does get Covid, stress will make the whole thing worse. Just try to stay calm and don't freak out about anything and it'll be okay soon.

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
Y'know, I have to ask the dumb question: How up to date are you on your own shots?

You've made clear how the rest of your situation is, I figure I'd ask about the one bit of extra protection (above and beyond standard equipment on the job) you can reasonably do. Even if it's kind of a berserk button because it became mandatory when it logically should have already been.

Where I am, a large number of people (including a lot of people Kellan's age and up) are either not caring or merely going through the motions.

I've pretty much accepted that having the shot and booster is pretty much all I can do at this point. I would quickly run out of cognitive resources if I had to take Kellan's route through everything and I know it, and I don't take well to constant handling of disinfectant due to skin issues, so avoiding people and reducing the number of germy surfaces I touch in the first place tends to be how I approach it.
Skin rashes are a thing for me. That is why I glove up before hosing down the handle and rails of a cart. I'm 65 now and I want to see 66, to tell the truth. I'm not through living my retirement so I take precautions. Some people my daughter knows had Covid running through their household but the daughter that's my older daughter's age wanted to go out partying. That didn't happen. She's now in the ICU on a ventilator. Wasn't vaccinated. either. May not make it, last I heard.

The wife and I were in our local Menard's just recently getting ready to check out. Some d00d in front of us, probably around my age, had his mask hanging from his ear. He also had this nasty wet cough, too. We found a different lane to check out in, far from him. In fact, nobody wanted to be behind him. So yeah, our county is still RED as of today. And you're right, the older generation, the Boomers like me, they don't see this as a danger like I do. Even my own brother that's 62 doesn't see it as a hazard.

I'm tired of this $h!t. Covid, either go away or take us all but quit fucking around.

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.
I hate to have to risk my health just to do grocery shopping. Ordered from my local Kroger for pickup, got about one-half of what I ordered. Drove home, grabbed a second mask and some nitrile gloves, went back to see what I could get that wasn't picked for us the first time. Guess what? Got the rest, everything they said was out of stock. I think I had a lazy picker that didn't want to do their job. BTW, our county is RED for covid cases. Yeah. Almost nobody had a mask on in the store besides the staff.

Hint; I park next to the shopping cart corral, or buggy corral if you may, I put on my masks, nitrile gloves, then grab a basket from the corral after I hose down the handle and top rails with Endbac II disinfectant. I wipe the handle with a paper towel after the spritz has sat for a few minutes, then I pitch out the paper towel in one of the store's trash bins. Gloves don't come off until I put the basket away.

I'm so tired of this.
I feel this and wish this wasn't taking so long to get a handle, but I'm hoping we're able to back to normal eventually, whatever that new normal looks like, since this costing people their lives.

Stay safe and I hope the woman you mentioned pulls through.

GarthTheWereWolf

Captious Lycanthrope of Forum Legend

I am 3x vaccinated. Got pfizer 1 and 2 plus booster. Plus all the other vaccinations required to work in healthcare.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?

I'm so tired of this.

The virus situation is okay here at the moment, because most people are triple-immunised and the omicron variant therefore isn't causing as bad health outcomes as previous waves.
So in that regard we're actually doing pretty well. I hope that everybody's countries start turning the corner and driving this virus away.
I have wanted to leave for a long time though, for reasons unrelated to the virus.

I have taken a similar approach. I wear a mask when I am out running or working out in the park, because I might bump into people.
Other than that I haven't attended any social events since 2019.

Like...I have saved money I suppose.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
That FAF doesn't automatically compress images

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
I hate the fact our entire state is full of people that believe fake news from social media over factual information from experts in that field. As a point in question, the entire state of Indiana is in the RED now.

We are so fucked.