• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Things That You Hate v3.0

Aquasystem

Commissions open!
Another quality thread that seems to have disappeared. What grinds your gears?
I hate how Forum Games and Rants & Raves are missing from rebooted FAF.
I hate when people rub styrofoam together and it makes this painful squeaky sound it really hurts my ears

JacobFloofWoof

The consolidation of various markets, especially consumable media. As convenient as it appears, it also makes everything less competitive, less unique, more complex, and just same-ish.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
The consolidation of various markets, especially consumable media. As convenient as it appears, it also makes everything less competitive, less unique, more complex, and just same-ish.
Everything will be Disney!

Punji

Daedric Prince of Secrets
When articles and news media and such states "scientists say X/Y/Z" and never elaborate on it.

I get the general public is usually not the most scientifically-oriented but there is a world of difference in the sciences. One doesn't necessarily want a microbiologist to comment on matters of ecology and vice versa, to say nothing of a radiologist commenting on brain chemistry. Exactly who is saying what is critically important to a claim's credibility and it is important to know what qualifications a person has when presenting a claim.

What kind of "scientist" is saying this? A nutritionist? A theoretical physicist? A real physicist? An astronomer? A forensic entomologist? A biochemist? One cannot merely trust the word of some self-proclaimed "scientist." Society should not encourage this non-critical thought process where credibility is not challenged. Who is saying the X/Y/Z in this article matters just as much as the claim does.

Connor J. Coyote

¥otie ¥otezer
It kinda drives me nuts when my desktop keyboard vibrates up and down slightly whenever I'm typing something - due to some sort of small object (a paper clip, headphone jack, etc.) being underneath it.

Said small objects are quickly removed however..... (once I discover this) which alleviates my issues.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
Myself, often.

Punji

Daedric Prince of Secrets
Appeals to emotion in politics, academics, the criminal justice system, and other outlets of media where emotion does not belong.

Do not let feelings overshadow fact in matters of objectivity. Society does not benefit from giving a convicted murder a slap on the wrist because he's affable and handsome.

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
Appeals to emotion in politics, academics, the criminal justice system, and other outlets of media where emotion does not belong.

Do not let feelings overshadow fact in matters of objectivity. Society does not benefit from giving a convicted murder a slap on the wrist because he's affable and handsome.

Pisses me off whenever I hear stuff like that in the news.
"He just killed our neighbor! Next time it could be one of us!"
"Yea but is he hot tho???"

Yakamaru

Å nei, cringe
People who go around trying to moral police in hobby spaces.

Attaman

"I say we forget this business and run."
That it is 2022 and not only are people trying to return FAF to its 2016-2018 environment that lead to the creation of the Politics subforum, but the push is chiefly by the same users who wanted the Politics forum shut down (because of the standards enforced on both subforum and rest-of-forum by the creation of said subforum).

Ramjet

Seizing the memes of production
That it is 2022 and not only are people trying to return FAF to its 2016-2018 environment that lead to the creation of the Politics subforum, but the push is chiefly by the same users who wanted the Politics forum shut down (because of the standards enforced on both subforum and rest-of-forum by the creation of said subforum).

Tell me, are these people in the room with us right now?

st,small,845x845-pad,1000x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
When the keyboard you ordered advertises that it comes with a stand...
only to receive a cheap, metal stand that holds your sheet music and NOT the heavy keyboard...

MaetheDragon

Queen of Laziness
I hate random, stupid arguments for no reason on the internet. I’m talking about really random ones, that complete strangers conjure from seemingly nothing.

Like, hello?! I don’t know who you are or what you’re talking about?

ScaratheWolf

Scara is on her honeymoon; Currently Ronin
I hate random, stupid arguments for no reason on the internet. I’m talking about really random ones, that complete strangers conjure from seemingly nothing.

Like, hello?! I don’t know who you are or what you’re talking about?
like the one about eating dogs in predators and prey? I agree