• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Things That You Hate v3.0

D

Deleted member 127940

unknown.png

Please stop repeatedly trying to contact me.

No RAM on this list?

No ASTA?

:(

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
Xenforo. This has to be the worst forum software out there. I can make phpBB dance a jig but Xenforo really doesn't know how to do IP or country blocking correctly. Their latest update really farked those functions solidly. I belong to another Xenforo board that's being hammered by Chinese bots offering fake diplomas from whatever school of the post. Like hundreds of posts daily. I'm not a mod there so I can't do anything about it besides just giving up on that forum. Especially since I've offered my assistance more than a few times. I'm retired so I can jump in several times a day and fix things.

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
Screw the people that abused the after call feature! I can't write my notes on 30 seconds or less!

What's worse it just said 'fuck you' and threw me into a call in less than 30seconds! Now I'm gonna have to spend my break catching up and hope I remember everything that transpired during the call. DX

Chaosmasterdelta

Rule Breaker
I hate it when a game uses the A, S, D, and W buttons for movement, and I have to change it to the arrow keys. I especially hate it when it won't even let me do that.

Zenoth

[redacted by staff]
I'm fairly certain that I just bricked my laptop with this linux bullshit. Will try to get it fixed tomorrow because I'm trying really hard not to shoot the shit out of everything.

Fuck linux forever.
Which version of linux are you using? It can feel harder to troubleshoot than windows but it's pretty much the same steps.

Rimna

Which version of linux are you using? It can feel harder to troubleshoot than windows but it's pretty much the same steps.
Unutnu.

I resolved the problem by installing windows from a dvd.

The built-in Linux app that is supposed to make bootable USB flashdrives wasn't working, and it wouldn't get the windows iso to work at all.

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
Unutnu.

The built-in Linux app that is supposed to make bootable USB flashdrives wasn't working, and it wouldn't get the windows iso to work at all.
This seems to be an ongoing thing with Ubuntu. I've dealt with only being able to make bootable Linux recovery USB drives, no Windoze ones. That's why I recommend Linux Mint. I don't think it suffers from too many fingers in the soup like Ubuntu.

And, don't like Win10 but really don't like Win11. will be transitioning to Linux Mint soon.

Bigjackaal48

It takes a special kind of stupid to be afraid of a billionaire setting speech free, and root for another billionaire seeking to control it
The only ones crying at this is Reddit which seem to love shutting anyone down with zero irony. Saw someone on my Twitter feed cry while locking anyone from replying?.

D

Deleted member 127940

I literally don't understand why Elon Musk purchasing Twitter is a huge issue.

Maybe I'm just out-of-touch since I don't use the site (or really any mainstream social media platform for that matter) so the ramifications of such a deal aren't readily apparent to me. I dunno.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
I literally don't understand why Elon Musk purchasing Twitter is a huge issue.

Maybe I'm just out-of-touch since I don't use the site (or really any mainstream social media platform for that matter) so the ramifications of such a deal aren't readily apparent to me. I dunno.

To my knowledge Elon Musk was found to have mislead shareholders in statements he has made on twitter.
Legally, his tweets relating to investment have to be approved by an oversight board before they are published.
He was also the subject of a defamation case, after he accused a diver who rescued boys trapped in a cave of being a paedophile. (The diver had previously turned down Elon Musk's offer to provide a miniaturised submarine to assist the rescue, on the grounds it would not fit inside the cave).

So the substantial criticism is probably that he could be a risky pair of hands to place the company in, if he is unable to separate management of the company from his personal drama.

Personally, I suspect when Elon Musk speaks of free speech on twitter, what he really means is that he doesn't like getting sued when his statements about investments are found to be misleading. But controlling twitter won't help him there, because those matters are settled in courtrooms.

Zenoth

[redacted by staff]
Unutnu.

I second the use of Linux mint or puppy Linux. The distro hub has great documentation on them. Easy install and very user friendly. You can test drive them using virtual box on windoze

ben909

vaporeon character != mushroom characters

Rayd

profound asshole
... is my shit list really that much shorter?!

i only have 2 non banned people
mine has like 3 banned people, 2 or 3 inactive people, and the rest range from semi active to very active. i even discovered you can ignore mods, which has been helpful, lol.

ben909

vaporeon character != mushroom characters
so does clearing the banned bot account speed up load times?

Yakamaru

Cloud District resident
People who use suicide and/or self harm as a means to garner attention through emotional blackmail/manipulation.

J

JacobFloofWoof

I hate the new system, and prefer the old block system. It seems wrong that people can just ignore (ghost) you, yet, you wouldn't even know it, but they can see your back and forth messages with other members and still engage in the conversations somehow. The current system allows people to just kind of be passive-aggressive, and tbh, there's a few people, even some I never got along with all the time that I still don't mind talking to, besides the ones I love talking to, and are amazing people, however, this environment has been really shitty over the last few months, that, admittedly, I didn't exactly help make better either. However, I hate to say this because there's people I really think that are special here, but, I've been enjoying my time with new furs elsewhere, and going into a new environment where people make me feel really loved and not always competed against, or having grudges held against me while pretending to let go of them, it makes a huge difference in how people make me feel in terms of my own worth, the feeling of being encapsulated in love I've never felt in a long time, if not, ever, and I don't have to question that, or come back into these vibes of animosity lingering when some users see my face around, or whether there's rumors being spread about me to other users because of my views/beliefs, my health, and various things. Having to come back here and question whether another user can no longer even see through my flaws, let alone my messages (unless there's drama involved), or start to becoming bitter toward me about things that we may not see eye to eye with, or if the malicious things being said about me got into someone else's head, etc, isn't a very healthy feeling, knowing the member can just hit the ignore button instead of trying to reconcile, and I wouldn't even know they feel a certain way toward me, which is not very reassuring for someone like me who struggles with a lot of social phobia, and the fear of not having friends, or losing the ones I already thought I had. I've been pushed to the end, in very tough times in my life, but I can't say it was entirely bad, because after discovering some new furs, and feeling this genuine love and playful interaction without hesitation or question, there's a slight relief and fulfillment in my heart.

I'll continue to post shit here, especially heavy metal music \m/, but I won't engage too much, at least on these forums.

Last edited by a moderator:

Baron Tredegar

Master of Forgotten Lore