• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Things That You Hate v3.0

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
I would not trust this source, that guy David Icke is a known conspiracy theorist who thinks that bleh bleh bleh
I mean, if I had found an article from CNN I would've shared this one instead despite the fact they occasionally spread conspiracy theories as well, but for some reason they don't seem to be interested in this story

Here's the outlet that broke it through a FOI act, is it now worth checking out?

Minerva_Minx

Explosion loving skooma cat
Ok, wow. Sharing ignore lists: 0. I try not to ignore anyone, really. I may not like or agree with someone, but everyone once in a while, they have good ideas or an intriguing thought that might spark a question or require further insight. True, a few of you are conspiracy nuts or rile things up on flimsy grounds, but sometimes further positive research is generated.

I think I'm on 5 or 6 people's lists that have posted here, probably another 20 or so, conservatively. Yes, a heads-up would be nice, but a general blue falcon approach also let's me know I screwed a pooch.

I mean, if I had found an article from CNN I would've shared this one instead despite the fact they occasionally spread conspiracy theories as well, but for some reason they don't seem to be interested in this story

Here's the outlet that broke it through a FOI act, is it now worth checking out?
I don't see that as different from John Oliver buying the data on Washington, DC. It seems useful to study human behavior during a major outbreak, as 3rd world countries seem to do a lot better than 1st world ones due to interconnection. I see the US population as rampant "me not thee" entitlement that is likely to end the human race. Yes, talking global warming amongst other things. We generally lack the common sense of other places, overall.

No you're not on the list! You are fine! Most of the people that are, are kinda related to my pet peeves to be honest. XD or the creepy spammer dude with 20+alts.

From what I understand it was a software thing that is out of their control. It was a part of the update after we had that long outage if I remember right. I can definitely understand the awkwardness of informing someone you've blocked them. XD but if I also remember THAT part right you can just report and they'll be the bearer of bad news on your behalf.
I am on the ignore list, I think. But I don't think it's the "I pushed the button, go away harpy" one. Just "wtf, witch" one.

If someone wants to know if someone is blocking them, it's really simple: read the responses without being a self-absorbed narcissist. If it is a response to you, congrats. If it seems a response to someone else, you're ignored.

Or you could, I don't know, do something revolutionary - and, again, I don't know- be respectful of them and their opinion even if it's completely insane. Again, may find a chance nugget of gold. catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

Bigjackaal48

I remember having a lot of highly childish folk blocking me for either no reason or because they can't cope having anyone challenge them. I ended up having to trim my Twitter feed because I noticed most were assholes who implode at nothing.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
I would not trust this source, that guy David Icke is a known conspiracy theorist who thinks that alien annunaki lizard people are behind everything and has endorsed the anti-Semitic protocols of the elders of zion.

David Icke's beliefs about the Queen of England secretly being a lizard would be hilarious if his wild conspiracy's had not also inspired arson attacks.

Ok, wow. Sharing ignore lists:

What have I started? Sorry about that. S:

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
Buzzfeed.

I read a random article with slides on things that should be seen as normal. Taking yourself to the movies, eating alone, etc. Great. Those are definitely awesome things that should be seen as normal.

Then it mentioned STDs. Then I saw it was published from Buzzfeed so it all made sense as to why they would try to slide that in near the end.

I think we should be allowed to discuss it for sure, and I definitely think people should have access to this kind of information and shouldn't be immediately shamed for having it. But in the article it said 'most people have HPV anyways' and treat the topic with a YOLO kind of attitude. Medication can't cure everything and the tradeoffs for most of the diseases out there aren't worth the risk.

A part of me wants to believe I'm just missing bits and pieces of a larger conversation and I'm just misunderstanding something, but seeing the Buzzfeed as a source makes me think otherwise.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Buzzfeed.

I read a random article with slides on things that should be seen as normal. Taking yourself to the movies, eating alone, etc. Great. Those are definitely awesome things that should be seen as normal.

Then it mentioned STDs. Then I saw it was published from Buzzfeed so it all made sense as to why they would try to slide that in near the end.

I think we should be allowed to discuss it for sure, and I definitely think people should have access to this kind of information and shouldn't be immediately shamed for having it. But in the article it said 'most people have HPV anyways' and treat the topic with a YOLO kind of attitude. Medication can't cure everything and the tradeoffs for most of the diseases out there aren't worth the risk.

A part of me wants to believe I'm just missing bits and pieces of a larger conversation and I'm just misunderstanding something, but seeing the Buzzfeed as a source makes me think otherwise.
I think this is false anyway.
Most people will contract HPV at some point, but at any instant only a minority of people have the disease.

It also causes cancer so I don't know why anybody would think it's not serious?

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
Buzzfeed.

Yeah I think even people who actually read it regularly, know it's a failing pile of garbage, they have to. I remember far back I got hooked because some of the feel-good pieces have this effect. But at some point in between the "what fruit are you?" crappy tests and horrible hot takes, it all falls apart

J

JacobFloofWoof

Movies that are cropped to look "cinematic", or "widescreen" on standard HDTV. I'm not at the theater, so I like to take advantage of my entire 16:9 screen... It's much more enjoyable to watch an old movie that's mastered at 16:9 upscaled by my TV to 4k than stream a modern movie with letterboxing, which makes everything look smaller, softer and not fully scaled out to enjoy the entire picture and details that my TV is capable of. It looks like I'm watching the movie not very meticulously and lacking in depth, and I never liked it on DVD when that shit came out, and saw it on the old tube TVs.

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
When you dedicate time and put in effort into building a friendship bit then the person decides you don't actually care about them and that they don't need friends because they had a bad day or some shit and refuse to talk.

I can understand 'hey I'm not in the mood to talk' but nah. Full on 'i don't need friends' emo bullshit like I wasnt the person going out of my way to try and cheer you up/game with you. -n-

ben909

vaporeon character != mushroom characters

Baron Tredegar

Master of Forgotten Lore

ben909

vaporeon character != mushroom characters

Rayd

profound asshole