• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Things That You Hate v3.0

D

Deleted member 160111

What should I do to make you stop passing by my house, mm? I'm not cleaning snow anymore. Maybe I should leave a snowdrift there? Or maybe I need to build an ice wall from Game of Thrones at all? I am sure that even in this case you will learn rock climbing. The scoundrels are persistent.
4665944e8bbe187745ea4734647e6867.png

BooTheHamster

Banned
Banned
Exactly! No need to pass near my house. Get out of here! Crooks. Get off my lawn!
Would depend on your neighborhood.

What should I do to make you stop passing by my house, mm? I'm not cleaning snow anymore. Maybe I should leave a snowdrift there? Or maybe I need to build an ice wall from Game of Thrones at all? I am sure that even in this case you will learn rock climbing. The scoundrels are persistent.

...Not impressed.

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
Every street where I live gets plowed, except mine. I'm not about to do the extra work for them!

They already trap me inside with six feet of ice after I dig a path to the end of my driveway! )8<

Luxibutt

Silly Pupper Girl
When my GIL bugs my husband and I about not going to church on holidays. My husband hates going because he spent his 12 years of going. I don't want to go because (I'm black) I would feel uncomfortable being in a church with mostly old, white people. He's planning on going on Christmas and he told me that I can just stay home. I'm planning on hanging out with my mom for a bit while he is there and he can picked me up afterwards. If she bitches why I wasn't there, I would just tell her that I wanted to see my mother.

-Sliqq-

Silo
My sister. She's a manipulating, conniving piece of shit who prides herself on getting engaged twice (never married) and cheating on her abusive baby-daddy, only having a child because she though she'd "regret it later" or whatever nonsense reason she came up with. Now she talks like she's regretting that decision, and realized a child isn't an accessory for IG likes. She's in her 30s.

Then she absolutely refuses to de-escalate any situation she gets in with him, expecting me to protect her when she thinks the appropriate thing to do is throw hands. Mind you, one time this asshole felt the need to bust out rusty box-cutter from god-knows-where and ended up cutting himself - smeared his blood all over the apartment door, and then tried to frame my family.

Instead of kicking him out permanently, she just lets him waltz back in and sleep over, just like the strong, independent black woman she claims she is.
Doesn't help she's an overt racist, either. Just stupid.
I want this to age like milk, but the asshole is back again.

She tried to sneak him in at fucking 4am, which I only knew about because of the dog she already does a trash job of taking care of.

If she dies, she dies.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
...Why the hell are you getting texts from a health insurer?

See if there's an opt out for that I guess. I have no idea why that would be a thing.
I have their app on my phone, in case I get injured and need to present evidence of being insured.

I am changing to a better insurer that my workplace provides soon, but the US has rules about waiting periods before you change- which is why I purchased temporary cover from this provider.

BooTheHamster

Banned
Banned
I have their app on my phone, in case I get injured and need to present evidence of being insured.

I am changing to a better insurer that my workplace provides soon, but the US has rules about waiting periods before you change- which is why I purchased temporary cover from this provider.
Oh. Most insurers I've worked with just have cards. That's... weird to me.

Then again I'm extremely averse to "there's an app for that" mentality, and I'm not fond of smartphones to begin with.

Fallowfox

Oh. Most insurers I've worked with just have cards. That's... weird to me.

Then again I'm extremely averse to "there's an app for that" mentality, and I'm not fond of smartphones to begin with.

I have a paper card and a digital card on my phone. The insurance is intended for foreigners staying temporarily in the US.
Some form of health insurance with minimum cover is a legal requirement (but nobody at the embassy, at my point of entry to the US, or ever since has checked that I have it).

I also hate phones.

BooTheHamster

Banned
Banned
I have a paper card and a digital card on my phone. The insurance is intended for foreigners staying temporarily in the US.
Some form of health insurance with minimum cover is a legal requirement (but nobody at the embassy, at my point of entry to the US, or ever since has checked that I have it).

I also hate phones.
Would explain why the situation seems strange to me. Not something I've worked with before. (Aside from just medical insurance in general, which is another massive sore spot.)

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that they make people take that kind of insurance.

Fallowfox

Would explain why the situation seems strange to me. Not something I've worked with before. (Aside from just medical insurance in general, which is another massive sore spot.)

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that they make people take that kind of insurance.

Yeah, I am totally on-board with them making me buy insurance. I do feel a bit rueful that there was a very large number of technical legal requirements I put a lot of effort into satisfying, which ultimately did not get checked by anybody. x3

BooTheHamster

Banned
Banned
Yeah, I am totally on-board with them making me buy insurance. I do feel a bit rueful that there was a very large number of technical legal requirements I put a lot of effort into satisfying, which ultimately did not get checked by anybody. x3
Not sure if your perception of dealing with insurers is colored by something I wouldn't have experienced myself, but by and large I really wouldn't so much as piss on medical insurance types if they were shackled to me, ablaze, in a fireworks factory. Unpleasant little lawyeresque beancounter types who will deny a completely proven and valid claim simply because they're wagering you can't fight it without paying MORE than the medical bill itself would be (either in money or in headaches).

Not surprised on the second part, I think you'll find that any kind of interaction with the government here in the US takes on a distinct tinge of "they could not possibly care any less about it unless they stand to suffer considerably by ignoring it and they will insulate themselves from that possibility as thoroughly as possible".

Yakamaru

Woof? Woof
Sunday drivers. Get off the fucking road if you're going to drive at 55 in an 80 zone.

Fallowfox

Not sure if your perception of dealing with insurers is colored by something I wouldn't have experienced myself, but by and large I really wouldn't so much as piss on medical insurance types if they were shackled to me, ablaze, in a fireworks factory. Unpleasant little lawyeresque beancounter types who will deny a completely proven and valid claim simply because they're wagering you can't fight it without paying MORE than the medical bill itself would be (either in money or in headaches).

Not surprised on the second part, I think you'll find that any kind of interaction with the government here in the US takes on a distinct tinge of "they could not possibly care any less about it unless they stand to suffer considerably by ignoring it and they will insulate themselves from that possibility as thoroughly as possible".
My previous experience is with the NHS, which is free at the point of delivery, so I cannot comment on private insurance claims for treatment.

The quality of medical care in the NHS has notably decreased in recent years though. I notified my doctor in the UK that I was leaving the country. Last week my brother went to book a routine blood test (which he hasn't been able to get in months), and they booked a blood test for me instead. Then they blamed me for 'not telling them' that I don't live in the UK. .-.

1) I did tell you.
2) You still shouldn't book medical tests for the wrong person!

herness

I hate my loud neighbours and diabetes.
I really don't like weather like we have now, when it is too cold and too dirty and all i want to do is to stay in my bed the whole day long.
And the last but not least - i hate people which support war and war crimes or even look for some excuses of that.
I also don't like when people are writing home depot reviews like that https://home-depot.pissedconsumer.cоm/review.html, cause most of them has nothing to do with the reality.

Last edited:

ben909

vaporeon character != mushroom characters
ok... new top 3 cases of almsot road rage, the person being overly generous to people turning left near a railroad intersection, the left turner got to go, they got to go, it was then red before a single other car got to go and i waited another 10 min...

BooTheHamster

Banned
Banned
The fact that some people think the fandom is the perfect place to escape from the things they absolutely CAN change and SHOULD for their own benefit, rather than a reprieve from all the shit they can't do shit about.

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
Feeling tired on me days off despite sleeping plenty more than usual precisely because my sleep schedule is different -_- At least I think that's why.

Yakamaru

Woof? Woof
Weekends are too short. >: