• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Things to wonder about Anthros...

Ty Vulpine

1. Goofy and Pluto. Still can't figure that out. (Why Goofy is anthro and Pluto isn't...)
2. http://www.furaffinity.net/view/2575372 What is the point of having pet shops (or zoos or whatnot) on an athro planet where the animals are sentient?
3. Do all anthros live in houses? Do some still live in the wild like their ancestors? How technogically developed would the anthro planet be? Would they still be close to nature (like Redwall) or more human-like with massive cities and such?

Asswings

Banned
Banned
Depends on the artist or writer. Don't think too hard on it.

XericOryx

is emo.
Well the caged dog in the picture seems happy, so maybe furries born with mental retardation are treated as pets. This would also explain Goofy and Pluto.

3- there would be both, comparable to a regular human planet, there are some advanced technological civilizations but there is also some un-evolved societies that hunt with spears and live in dirt huts

Seas

a sentient shade of teal
I agree with all the replies in this thread so far, especially that stating it's up to the artist....

And as a side info to give some contrast to the 3rd question:
My fursona's species is technologicaly advanced , with cities, spacefleets etc, but a large part of the population lives alone or in small groups in the nature with some technological items but not dependent on it.

HoneyPup

Potos flavus
An anthro world wouldn't necessarily mean there are no ferals left. I would imagine a world where there are both.

"what is the point of having pet shops (or zoos or whatnot) on an athro planet where the animals are sentient?"
Many animals are sentient on this planet, and we have no problem with making them into pets. I think the word you are looking for is "sapient"

RoqsWolf

Now with 100% more ∂ e e r™
Well the caged dog in the picture seems happy, so maybe furries born with mental retardation are treated as pets. This would also explain Goofy and Pluto.
Thats so depressing and evil :O