• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

things you just dont understand

Kosdu

No no, the argument was "of course I am proud to be a man/white/American thank you very much, we have done some amazing things" so they are proud of things OTHERS have done while having the same traits as they do. Mind = blown.

Not only that, they seem to gloss over the horrible things their ancestry has wrought.... If you choose to take credit for their work, atleast accept their faults.

I myself have no pride for being white, or american, and my gender is simply part of me.

Kokoro

Pride. Especially pride in something you were born with. I do not and probably never will understand people being proud of their gender, race, nationality or orientation.

I think it's kind of a disorganized thought that comes from a different concept. It's more being proud of how one has developed through adversity from who they are. Proud to be gay, for example, because they had the strength to stand up against society for themselves.

Dunno.

Kitsune Cross

**** that **** now! Bitch
Pride. Especially pride in something you were born with. I do not and probably never will understand people being proud of their gender, race, nationality or orientation.

I don't identify with anything but a similar mindset, those traits are completely irrelevant for me

NightsOfStars

Twinkle and Shine
Not only that, they seem to gloss over the horrible things their ancestry has wrought.... If you choose to take credit for their work, atleast accept their faults.

I myself have no pride for being white, or american, and my gender is simply part of me.

Even though I'm white, I personally have no color discrimination at all. If I hate someone who isn't white it's because they acted like shit to me not because they aren't white. Besides, I can't change the past so why should I care about the faults or innovations of those people? Sure I acknowledge that all that shit happened, but I don't base my opinion of people off of it.

Lhune

That's assuming that you are in complete control of your subconscious biases NightOfStars. Before you even start to consciously interact with a person, your brain will have put them in as many appropriate boxes as it can find based on what you can see. Boxes that have been formed and labeled since your childhood which are very difficult to get rid of, especially if you're not aware of them. I'm not saying you're racist, simply saying racism isn't as simple as all that.

RedLeFrench

Writer extraordinaire
How I manage to create a social media shitstorm just by posting my opinion about Pokémon generations (mostly because I think the 3rd one is the second worst after the 4th)... Hum.

NightsOfStars

Twinkle and Shine
That's assuming that you are in complete control of your subconscious biases NightOfStars. Before you even start to consciously interact with a person, your brain will have put them in as many appropriate boxes as it can find based on what you can see. Boxes that have been formed and labeled since your childhood which are very difficult to get rid of, especially if you're not aware of them. I'm not saying you're racist, simply saying racism isn't as simple as all that.

Yeah, whatever.

And I'd rate the Pokémon Generations as follows:
1. Jhoto
2. Unova and Kanto evenly
3. Hoenn
4. Kalos
5. Sinnoh

Ieono

Uberaffe
Why the corona of the sun is hotter than its surface.

GarthTheWereWolf

Captious Lycanthrope of Forum Legend
I don't understand what the hell I just saw when I went to a late lunch...

So I went out to eat at Quiznos. Cuz sandwiches are the shit, y'know? V: It was late in the afternoon. I was the only one in there... Until a Dad and his son walked in. Dad looked to be in his late 30s the son looked around 12-13. They were both holding hands.

Ok... weird, but I didn't think much of it. Then they both went into the bathroom together.... I go to this Quiznos a lot. I know that the bathroom is a single person bathroom. Small room, single toilet deal... They stay in there for about 15 minutes. Come back out... still holding hands and go to order. The Dad then stands behind his son and embraces him from behind and they order their food like this.

They then get their food to go and leave still holding hands... The only reason I know its father and son is because the kid called him dad repeatedly.

Just omg... I hate to be the busy body that calls police over an overly affectionate father....but....that was just creepy as hell. Some NAMBLA level shit...

I live in California and have seen a lot of fruitcakes, but that really bothered me. Am I overreacting?

NightsOfStars

Twinkle and Shine

So I went out to eat at Quiznos. Cuz sandwiches are the shit, y'know? V: It was late in the afternoon. I was the only one in there... Until a Dad and his son walked in. Dad looked to be in his late 30s the son looked around 12-13. They were both holding hands.

Ok... weird, but I didn't think much of it. Then they both went into the bathroom together.... I go to this Quiznos a lot. I know that the bathroom is a single person bathroom. Small room, single toilet deal... They stay in there for about 15 minutes. Come back out... still holding hands and go to order. The Dad then stands behind his son and embraces him from behind and they order their food like this.

They then get their food to go and leave still holding hands... The only reason I know its father and son is because the kid called him dad repeatedly.

Just omg... I hate to be the busy body that calls police over an overly affectionate father....but....that was just creepy as hell. Some NAMBLA level shit...

I live in California and have seen a lot of fruitcakes, but that really bothered me. Am I overreacting?

I don't think you're overreacting.

Distorted

Maybe he meant dad as in Sugardaddy...

But seriously, that a very strange picture you described. I wonder if the mother knows?

NightsOfStars

Twinkle and Shine
I don't understand why I have this strange issue with playing the second game in a franchise before the first. For instance, played Sly 2, never played Sly 1, 3, or 4. Played Jak 2, own Jak 3, never played Jak and Daxter. Own Digimon World 4 and almost beat it, never played any other Digimon World game. Played and own Sonic Riders Zero G, now own Sonic Riders but played it AFTER Sonic Riders Zero G. Own Gran Turismo 3, never played any other Gran Turismo games. WTF?

D

Deleted member 82554

I don't understand why I have this strange issue with playing the second game in a franchise before the first. For instance, played Sly 2, never played Sly 1, 3, or 4. Played Jak 2, own Jak 3, never played Jak and Daxter. Own Digimon World 4 and almost beat it, never played any other Digimon World game. Played and own Sonic Riders Zero G, now own Sonic Riders but played it AFTER Sonic Riders Zero G. Own Gran Turismo 3, never played any other Gran Turismo games. WTF?

That is weird, you miss out on so much storyline with some franchises.

NightsOfStars

Twinkle and Shine
That is weird, you miss out on so much storyline with some franchises.

And it ain't even intentional. I found Sly 2 in an old CD case I bought. I got Sonic Riders Zero G without knowing that it was the second one. Walmart was only selling Digimon World 4. I saw Dawn and Dusk, but they didn't appeal to me at the time. Gran Turismo 3 was a gift from my parents. And I found Jak 2 and Jak 3 in a pawn shop.

GarthTheWereWolf

Captious Lycanthrope of Forum Legend
Maybe he meant dad as in Sugardaddy...

But seriously, that a very strange picture you described. I wonder if the mother knows?

He was seriously pre-puberty, 12-13 year old kid.... I hope to God he didn't mean sugar daddy. The Quiznos employees thought it was creepy too. I did call the cops and gave them the license number. I have no idea if anything came of that though.

D

Deleted member 82554

I don't understand why every fart I have had lately feels like I need to go for a crap. Might have something to do with the amount of bread I am consuming.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luca

Lined my brain with more eyes
Why my drunk self decided to check these forums tonight