• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

things you just dont understand

Roose Hurro

Lovable Curmudgeon
Banned
Not much, laptop speakers don't even bass, no bass no vibrations and you NEED bass

I don't think you got the joke (though you do, indeed, need bass)...

Maybe just some great headphones instead.

This would work... and you would then have some aural privacy. Not to mention the whole "not bothering others with your noise" thing.

Kinare

RAWR
I don't understand why the "things we hate" thread has an opposite thread posted, but this one doesn't. D: Something like "things you wish more people understood". That'd be cool. Someone cool go make it happen.

Fursuiters.
Normally, people get paid for wearing stupid animal suit in public.
Furries pay to wear stupid animal suit in public.
Wat.

Super fun times. Ask to try on a suit and just let go. Be a big adorable cartoon animal for a while.

Bonobosoph

4 hands good 2 hands bad ;)
^NO

My mother: "Everything and everybody you have contact with is weird, I think I take things quite well, considering[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]"
[/FONT]
Oh how grrrraaaaacious of you.

sniperfreak223

More Metal Than You !!!
Fursuiters.
Normally, people get paid for wearing stupid animal suit in public.
Furries pay to wear stupid animal suit in public.
Wat.

But...but...but fursuiting is fun :(

Especially if you put a lot of time and effort into making said fursuit.

Hakar Kerarmor

PRAISE THE EMPEROR
I don't understand people who don't understand "It's fun to do." as a reason to do something.

Evan of Phrygia

WwwHhAaaAaTtTttTttTtT
ok so I saw this post on my facebook and I don't know if I should even feel mad or just confused because it's an entirely genuine post but I don't remotely understand it at all

Just had a dude fucking go on to me that the concept of intelligence isn't ableist because he redefined intelligence to mean "isn't racist / homophobic / transphobic / sexist" and it's like

this is how deeply this person thinks the whole world revolves around them that they can just fucking change the global definition of a concept like ELL EM AY OH

Like I feel like I should be like "wow you SJW" or something bland and judgmental but I don't even understand what the hell they're going on about. That's all the explanation given in the post other than the status which is "I'm so sick of entitled white boys"

I don't understand

Kerocola

Like I feel like I should be like "wow you SJW" or something bland and judgmental but I don't even understand what the hell they're going on about. That's all the explanation given in the post other than the status which is "I'm so sick of entitled white boys"

I don't understand

Inciting an argument won't get you anywhere. That's when you say "that's nice, dear" and make a mental note that this particular person is koo-koo bananas.

Evan of Phrygia

WwwHhAaaAaTtTttTttTtT
Inciting an argument won't get you anywhere. That's when you say "that's nice, dear" and make a mental note that this particular person is koo-koo bananas.
Oh yeah there's no way I'm even TOUCHING that, the only thing I can find as an explanation is because they have some fundamental idea that I probably find absolutely absurd in every way

jtrekkie

Feathered
^NO

My mother: "Everything and everybody you have contact with is weird, I think I take things quite well, considering[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]"
[/FONT]
Oh how grrrraaaaacious of you.

That's nice. You don't think she's wrong, do you?

Kitsune Cross

**** that **** now! Bitch
I don't understand how I know it's going to be a crappy day.

Because if you think it will be a crappy day, you will, indirectly, be giving it reasons to be crappy, you should consider having a more positive approach, don't expect thing to suddenly be good, you go and make them good.

I don't understand people who don't understand "It's fun to do." as a reason to do something.

Those sound like people I would not like to meet

FenrirDarkWolf

Trapped in a Lucid Eclipse
Because if you think it will be a crappy day, you will, indirectly, be giving it reasons to be crappy, you should consider having a more positive approach, don't expect thing to suddenly be good, you go and make them good.

Actually, I've been having a really good day, immediately after I posted that it started going good.
Maybe food and friends helps

S

Saylor

I don't understand how to enjoy the movie Frozen. I watched it and did not like it or understand how I could enjoy it

Kerocola

Actually, I've been having a really good day, immediately after I posted that it started going good.
Maybe food and friends helps

Well, your perspective helps too, mister...when you have a frown, turn it upside-down! If you tell yourself you are going to have a bad day, anything that goes wrong is going to fit your bias towards that perspective and make you feel crappier.

I don't understand how to enjoy the movie Frozen. I watched it and did not like it or understand how I could enjoy it

I love Frozen, but I think the hype behind it was overkill. They're already making a Frozen 2, hawt diggity. Do you like Disney movies as a whole? That might affect your attitude towards it. I'm a big sucker for Disney movies...so I'm totally biased.

FenrirDarkWolf

Trapped in a Lucid Eclipse
Well, your perspective helps too, mister...when you have a frown, turn it upside-down! If you tell yourself you are going to have a bad day, anything that goes wrong is going to fit your bias towards that perspective and make you feel crappier.

That's totally true haha
I've done a lot of accomplishments today, like FIANLLY, finishing my research paper.

Roose Hurro

Lovable Curmudgeon
Banned

Misomie

Lazy Artist
Why you have to pay for ambulances but police cars and fire trucks are "free." Ambulances should be paid for by taxes too. It's ridiculous how expensive those suckers are. Can you imagine firemen putting your house out and then demanding you pay them several thousand dollars? Or maybe a cop responds to a robbery for them to turn around and fine you for it?

GarthTheWereWolf

Captious Lycanthrope of Forum Legend
Why you have to pay for ambulances but police cars and fire trucks are "free." Ambulances should be paid for by taxes too. It's ridiculous how expensive those suckers are. Can you imagine firemen putting your house out and then demanding you pay them several thousand dollars? Or maybe a cop responds to a robbery for them to turn around and fine you for it?

Its because ambulances are basically mobile hospital emergency rooms with trained professional staff on call 24/7 year round. Those hundreds of thousands of dollars of equipment as well as trained professionals are costly to maintain. Most ambulances in the US are run by private companies and are only partially funded by tax-payers and the rest of the cost is covered by their service fees. And since more than half the people who use the ambulance don't pay their bill means it carries over to the rest of the people who use it's service. Add in that the majority of cases called in are minor injuries that clog up the system for everyone else and you've got a hot mess of an expensive service that most people don't pay for and the ones that do are screwed by it.

Your firefighter comparison reminds me of history I've heard about firefighters in the past, because they were so underpaid, they used to steal from the burning houses they were putting out.