• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

things you just dont understand

Vaelarsa

resident spaceship
It's simple: boredum and variety are two things people want. Having sex with the same person day in and day out, year after year forever is just.....not mentally feasible for a lot of people. Physically even.
And I don't understand it.

I don't understand how people get sexually bored of their partner, unless they were really desperate about who they got with in the first place, and "just settled," instead of waiting for what they actually wanted.
But in that case, it would make more sense to not get into a relationship at all.

I also don't understand sexual attraction without romantic attraction. It's just such a weird, kind of gross concept to me.

Last edited:

Punnchy

Feed Me Pizza
And I don't understand it.

I don't understand how people get sexually bored of their partner, unless they were really desperate about who they got with in the first place, and "just settled," instead of waiting for what they actually wanted.
But in that case, it would make more sense to not get into a relationship at all.

I also don't understand sexual attraction without romantic attraction. It's just such a weird, kind of gross concept to me.

Different levels of sex drive between partners, in my personal case, I have a higher urge for sexual interaction then my partner does. They want sex every so often, and want it to last for hours when they do want it. I personally, would rather have sex every day, or every other day, and not focus on making it last for hours on end (god help me I'm trying). Since this is an issue for me and my partner, we came to the understanding that, once in a blue moon, I be allowed to play with another in a sexual sense. Now, the person(s) I'm allowed to play with, are approved by my partner, and even the limitations of what I'm allowed to do with said person(s) are set by my partner.

Sex is sex, people have it all the time. I've had 23 sexual partners, in my 8 years of being sexually active (I don't count high school hand jobs or the like). A good portion of these sexual encounters where not with romantic involvement. I don't have to love someone to put my dick in them, and they don't have to love me, to let me put my dick in them. It's simple for me because of how I was raised and how I trained myself to believe what I find socially acceptable.

I've also been in a polygamous relationship where there where multiple partners and one of them would have sex with not only me, our mutual partner, but another male as well.

Vaelarsa

resident spaceship
See, casual sex to me is almost like when people have a pissing fetish. I don't get the appeal, and the idea of being involved myself would make me want to vomit.

I've only had one sexual partner at the age of 26, and I can't really even imagine doing sexual stuff with anyone else. Like it literally makes my skin crawl.
Not for any religious reasons or how my parents raised me or anything else.
It's just how I feel.

If one or both halves are not satisfied with their sex life together, I don't know why those parties wouldn't hold out for better options that fulfill those desires and everything else they actually want.

Rilvor

Formal when angry
Everything that does not fit within the narrow parameters of my own brain's ability to comprehend.

Do I win the thread? No?

Why toy dogs are considered a desirable thing, and not an aberrant Frankenstein of a dog.

Hakar Kerarmor

PRAISE THE EMPEROR
People that are racist and/or homophobic.

Those, and creationists.
Also, people being against* environmental preservation. We live on this one single goddamn planet, why would you want to fuck it up?

*: Except for long-term economical cost/benefit issues.

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
People who reject any sort of gun control.
Because gun control always fails. People that legally own guns don't go around robbing and randomly kill people. For the criminals, there will always be a way to illegally obtain a firearm to do their dirty bidding. Gun control simply does not work. It's just as much as a joke as the war on drugs.

And holy fucktits, some of the people in this thread are straight up ignant. IGNANT.

Last edited:
Ill go first- the complex relationship the fandom has with nazis
It seems there is a sizeable chunk of the fandom over on FA that seem to have an extreme obsession with em, even lapfox has a nazi inspired character, hell theres even a nazifur club on FA

Nazis were assholes and all, but you gotta admit... those fuckers had style.

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
Because gun control always fails. People that legally own guns don't go around robbing and randomly kill people. For the criminals, there will always be a way to illegally obtain a firearm to do their dirty bidding. Gun control simply does not work. It's just as much as a joke as the war on drugs.
Gun control doesn't work in America because people believe it infringes on our rights.
But it seems to work exceptionally well in other countries like the UK.

So it's not that gun control doesn't work at all. It just doesn't work here.

PastryOfApathy

I don't understand how people can seriously drink cheap beer. Like how? How can one possess such a complete and utter hatred for their tastebuds?

T

TheMetalVelocity

*stereotypes in general

*how people find alcoholic drinks tasty

*why people still smoke cigarettes when there are electronic alternatives that have the same drug and are less harmful.

*why new york can't be a better place with all the tax dollars the state collects.

*what's wrong with me mentally or physically

Last edited by a moderator:

M. LeRenard

Is not French
I don't understand the mathematical basis of quantum chromodynamics.

Oh, wait. Several people already made a joke like that. Umm... I don't understand the appeal of shows like Real Housewives of New Jersey. But that's mostly because I don't care to understand.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
I don't understand the mathematical basis of quantum chromodynamics.

Oh, wait. Several people already made a joke like that. Umm... I don't understand the appeal of shows like Real Housewives of New Jersey. But that's mostly because I don't care to understand.

My physics teacher warned me about this, so it's a coincidence you don't like it either. x3

Electronegativity. It's just hard for my to grasp for some reason.

I think I can help.

The nucleii of atoms are positive.
The closer a negative charge, such as an electron, is to the nucleus the stronger the attraction becomes. Just like two magnets become more and more attracted to one another as they get closer together.

Different atoms have different numbers of electrons. A neutral atom has the same number of electrons orbiting it as it does protons in its nucleus.
Most atoms would rather have more or less electrons so that they have a complete outer shell.

Some atoms, like fluorine, only have a few electrons and they have space for another in their outer shell, so other electrons can get fairly close to the positive nucleus. This means fluorine is very good at attracting electrons, just like two magnets will leap to join eachother if you let them get very close to one another.

Larger atoms with lots of electrons around them have a larger distance between their outermost electrons and their nucleus, so they might not be able to hang onto the electrons as easily, just like two magnets which are far away from each other can be easily separated.

Last edited:

DarrylWolf

Banned
Banned
Even though I feel it is a little unjust, I can understand certain genres of music being "off-limits" and I can also understand why I just can't appreciate certain literature, because of my physical appearance. And yet when I do something to make that music enjoyable and that literature relevant, I change my appearance by putting on a fursuit, and people will complain.

ScaredToBreathe

Special Snowflake
People who are shitty friends.

Jabberwocky

bitch where
how someone can make the same mistake over and over again when the consequences have literally smacked them in the face

Religion. Does life necessarily need to have a purpose? Do we really need to know what started the universe as we know it? Do we really need to know what happens after we die? Not just in a physical sense, mind you...

If you answered yes to any of these questions, good. You have a sense of curiosity about the world around you, which incidentally is a good quality for any scientist out there seeking answers.

If you think any religion out there has already adequately answered those questions and we need not be curious, why? I don't understand that.