• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

things you just dont understand

Sforzie

Professional Kuja fangirl
Yeah right. Asexuality ftw
Uh, asexual people still date and get married? Hell, some still have sex just to keep a partner happy. Asexual just means you have no desire to mash your genitals together with someone else. Maybe you mean aromantic?

SolDirix

Pixel fuzz
I don't understand the 'no strings attached' phenomena during casual sex. I always find sex to be intimate on some level and always feel some connection. But at the same time, I don't end up wanting to be their BF. I just feel satisfied, and it is a total depression killer. Guess I'm just lucky :p.

Just because you feel a connection with someone, doesn't mean you want to marry them and be with them forever and ever :p. I only need affection every once in a while, and rarely get lonely as long as I can get lucky (or sometimes just affection without sex is fine, which makes me grateful to be in the furry fandom where people are more open to cuddling/hugs, etc). But I guess that is just me...

Last edited:

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
I don't understand why there tends to be so few furries in the city/big cities...it's odd, so many people all in one place, yet all the furries I meet online live way out in the burbs or farther...hard, with no car, to make any meets, in the Washington, DC/Baltimore area.

I grew up in the wilderness of Michigan, and tend to like either being right in a city, where I can walk to stuff to do, or way outside of one...it's the middle ground where I feel least comfortable. (malls, chain stores, suburbia)

Simo

I don't understand the 'no strings attached' phenomena during casual sex. I always find sex to be intimate on some level and always feel some connection. But at the same time, I don't end up wanting to be their BF. I just feel satisfied, and it is a total depression killer. Guess I'm just lucky :p.

Just because you feel a connection with someone, doesn't mean you want to marry them and be with them forever and ever :p. I only need affection every once in a while, and rarely get lonely as long as I can get lucky (or sometimes just affection without sex is fine, which makes me grateful to be in the furry fandom where people are more open to cuddling/hugs, etc). But I guess that is just me...

That sounds like a very healthy outlook! And I hope you have luck, getting lucky ;)

I know right?? Then again I live in the burbs so I can't judge... much. Still I always saw furries as more of a modern phenomena, so I would expect to see it more in cities.

Yea, it is odd. I think some of it has to do with issues of race and class: both cities are more or less segregated into very poor areas, and then, areas with much more money, especially in DC; Baltimore has more of a mixture. And furries seem to be mainly middle-class, or so it seems. It would be curious to do a sociological survey of furry demographics in the US: Age, race, class, sex, sexual preference, &c, and then compare the to the population at large.

SolDirix

Pixel fuzz
And furries seem to be mainly middle-class, or so it seems.

That has to be it. Idk. I've never lived in the city. I've visited San Francisco and San Diego before though. People there seem like they are very open. I guess it is because there is more fun stuff to do in the city? What with all of the clubs and stuff?

Who'd have time for the fandom if you can just go clubbing every Saturday night? Not like there really is anything to do in the burbs. Lol jk.

Teniwolf

Totally not a major derp...
www.adjectivespecies.com: Furry Demographics | [adjective][species]
That sounds like a very healthy outlook! And I hope you have luck, getting lucky ;)

Yea, it is odd. I think some of it has to do with issues of race and class: both cities are more or less segregated into very poor areas, and then, areas with much more money, especially in DC; Baltimore has more of a mixture. And furries seem to be mainly middle-class, or so it seems. It would be curious to do a sociological survey of furry demographics in the US: Age, race, class, sex, sexual preference, &c, and then compare the to the population at large.

There are a few sites that do, do this but there isn't really any new ones; here is one that is a bit oldr if you are curious. It doesn't answer all your questions but it does offer a lot of information.

Simo

www.adjectivespecies.com: Furry Demographics | [adjective][species]

There are a few sites that do, do this but there isn't really any new ones; here is one that is a bit oldr if you are curious. It doesn't answer all your questions but it does offer a lot of information.

Thanks, that was very interesting to look over. At the last con I went to, just south of DC (Fur the More, Tyson, VA), I noted a good number of older furs, and also, a broader racial mix, especially in the panels on making fursuits and crafting/sewing. I imagine in time, and as the fnadom has been around longer, we'll see the average age inch up.