• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

things you just dont understand

Kalmor

Banned
Banned
It's catchy, and is supposedly supposed to help people remember the number... never seen a study that proves this though.

Because the numbers have letters associated with them. People remember phrases easier than numbers. It's a psychological thing

Would you remember something easier if it was 1-800-EAT-SHIT or 1-800-328-7448?
They just sound really cheesy to me. XD

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?

Sweetheartz22

Simply amazing.
Why. Why does everyone have to wait last minute to buy something for a major occasion like Super Bowl Sunday, Thanksgiving, or a huge get together?

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
Why actors get credited as "making" the film they appear in.
It usually means the actor(s) did that great of a performance that they really brought the movie together. Like it couldn't have been done without them or it wouldn't have been the same if someone else was cast.

Hakar Kerarmor

PRAISE THE EMPEROR
Voters in the Republican primary will have two very different candidates to choose from in the 9th Congressional District, as David Earl Williams III and Susanne Atanus vie for the right to face Rep. Jan Schakowsky in the fall.

"I am a conservative Republican and I believe in God first," Atanus said. She said she believes God controls the weather and has put tornadoes and diseases such as autism and dementia on earth as in response to gay rights and legalized abortions.

"God is angry. We are provoking him with abortions and same-sex marriage and civil unions," she said. "Same-sex activity is going to increase AIDS. If it's in our military it will weaken our military. We need to respect God."

Why? What? How?
Americans, why do you let insane people into politics?

Duality Jack

Feeling Loki with it.
Juggalos.

How do they... abstain from thought so much?
I just don't get it,
How does one pursue stupid so blindly?
Why would you make a culture which worships stupid?

Why?
Girl asked me for drinks, told me she was a juggalette or whatever they call the ones with vaginas... No brains or looks or redeeming traits... why?
How? what? Huh?

RedLeFrench

Writer extraordinaire
The Superbowl in France. Most people I know get super excited when it arrives, like today (even if it is on air at like 2 or 3 in the morning because, hey, timezones, right ?) but usually don't give a flying fuck about american football every other godsdamn day of the year... Same goes with european football in general : our team is just a bunch of wankers doing nothing to get qualified, everybody just spits on them and when they get qualified for the World Cup, everybody's like "Hell yeah, France, woot !"... Only to spit on them again when they irremediably fail on the first few matches...

Why can't we just all be rugby fans, at least it is more entertaining...

LadyToorima

Nyaa nyaa~
Why. Why does everyone have to wait last minute to buy something for a major occasion like Super Bowl Sunday, Thanksgiving, or a huge get together?

Because people are dumb like that. I'm glad I don't work today. Imagine all those angry idiots who didn't buy their alcohol before today and now have to go without it.

She said she believes God controls the weather and has put tornadoes and diseases such as autism and dementia on earth as in response to gay rights and legalized abortions.

....I think I'd rather believe that these people are just saying these things to get the crazies supporting them. No one could really think like that. D:

Rassah

Why companies in the US, especially in advertising, put words into their phone numbers...

Easier to remember a word than random numbers. My phone number is my first name and last name initial, meaning if you know me, you already know my phone number without needing to memorize it.

Americans, why do you let insane people into politics?

Short answer is because we have large communities of insane people wanting political representation.

Long answer is because we have a policy of sending tons of government money to really poor Republican states. This money allows the people to keep surviving as is, ignorance and all, and in a way shields them from the effects of their beliefs. So, they continue to be poor and insane, not realizing that one may be causing the other, and not being desperate enough to change, and then elect insane people into our top political offices, screwing it up for the rest of us. If this "insanity life support" money was cut, those states' economies would instantly drop to 3rd world crisis level, and they would either qualify for the type of assistance offered to third world countries (which comes with strings attached, such as "don't be insane"), or would be forced to actually work on things like education, which tends to kill insanity pretty quick. Though at this point, what is most likely to happen would be massive brain drain out of the area, as everyone not insane moves away, followed by massive starvation and death, as everyone who is still insane does nothing but pray for salvation and blame their situation on the gays. It's a bit of a tragedy, I guess. Kinda like Saudi Arabia.

Last edited:

Hakar Kerarmor

PRAISE THE EMPEROR
....I think I'd rather believe that these people are just saying these things to get the crazies supporting them. No one could really think like that. D:

No one except for the crazies you mentioned. So the idea of one or more of them gaining political power is not too far-fetched.
Thing is, I'm all for different opinions, perspectives and viewpoints, but trying to communicate with these people feels like talking to aliens. Blue and Orange Morality a certain website calls it.

Lobar

The hell am I reading, here?
Atanus is genuinely crazy beyond merely ideologically crazy. She denies there was ever a stock market crash in 1929.

T

TheMetalVelocity

How Iron Maiden is considered one of the most popular heavy metal bands, or the band being labeled under that genre of music. I know this may offend some people, especially fans of that band and the metal genre, sorry if it does, but I felt the need to say that when I listen to a lot of their music, most of the songs sound like typical punk rock music. They should be considered one of the most popular "Punk" bands.

Aleu

Deuces
How Iron Maiden is considered one of the most popular heavy metal bands, or the band being labeled under that genre of music. I know this may offend some people, especially fans of that band and the metal genre, sorry if it does, but I felt the need to say that when I listen to a lot of their music, most of the songs sound like typical punk rock music. They should be considered one of the most popular "Punk" bands.

Maybe because....they're NOT punk? :V

Punnchy

Feed Me Pizza

Well, if i got smokes now, then I'd have to put pants on, and if I put pants on man, I might as well get everything I need today on friday, and avoid the rush on sunday: Is the thought only about 10% of the humans who enjoy super bowl sunday act upon.

T

TheMetalVelocity

Maybe because....they're NOT punk? :V
Nah....I think they are. I never seen something so punk masked as heavy metal before, except for those shitty modern core bands.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kitsune Cross

**** that **** now! Bitch
Nah....I think they are. I never seen something so punk masked as heavy metal before, except for those shitty modern core bands.

You are wrong in so many level it hurts. There 2 types of metal music with punk influence, Metalcore and Thrash metal. Iron maiden is from the second wave of heavy metal along with judas priest, at the same time in british started the first wave of punk rock with sex pistols and the clash.

Have you ever listened to sex pistol or the clash? It's mad different from Iron maiden. You clearly don't know what the fuck you are talking about.