• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Things you named your characters

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon
I'm generally not the type to deviate from what they're really named. But then again, I do make some exceptions if the names really really suck.

Like in Final Fantasy Tactics A2. The default name for the clan was "Gully". Come on, I know you may want this to be kid-friendly to result to Ivalice's storybook/cartoony like setting, but Gully?! I'm not walking into battle cutting people up with swords saying they got beaten by clan "Gully"! It's thankfully not as bad as the default name in Final Fantasy Tactics Advance...Nutsy. *Shudders*

In case you're wondering...I actually pulled a Yahtzee and named my clan in A2 the first thing that came to mind...which in this case was "PissBagel". So thus the characters were going through the game saying "Clan PissBagel" and for some reason the little immature child in me laughed.

Same with of course, giving rude names to the Pokemon Red, Blue, and Yellow rival. Honestly he was very dislikable, and even though I know how immature it is there is still a little level of satisfaction that you beat "Douche", "Dork", "Asshole", or "Pingas". (I'm not that mean to the later rivals...in fact I actually give real names to my G/S/C and D/P/P rivals.)

Ending the section of all the crude names...my friend actually had some fun with the characters in Final Fantasy IX. The best part was Vivi being named "Idiot" so at the very end, Puck says "Whoa! Look at all the idiots!"

Whenever I wanted to play with the names, sometimes I'd actually switch characters' names around. If you have the Non-DS version of Final Fantasy IV, it's fun to switch everyone's names around so that Rosa betrays you a million times, Cecil is in love with Rydia (Eeew) and it's Edward and Tellah who turn themselves to stone while YANG is actually the most useless party member as the bard. :p

mottled.kitten

the < to my 3
I'm somewhat of a purist and I never change any names when I play games for the first time. My second time playing games, I change a couple names, but they're usually legitimate for the character (like naming Frog in Chrono Trigger "Glenn").

Teco

Informal Formalist
I usually just keep my characters default name wise, ...unless of course its Nutsy or something... well, then I guess Clan DNozzle is going to rock some socks

Kimmerset

Banned
Banned
In FFVIII, I called Rinoa "Rover" and the dog "Rinoa." I also call Quetzalcoatl "Magic Slug" or something like that... Made for some pretty good laughs in Middle school.

mottled.kitten

the < to my 3
In FFVIII, I called Rinoa "Rover" and the dog "Rinoa." I also call Quetzalcoatl "Magic Slug" or something like that... Made for some pretty good laughs in Middle school.

AH! I forgot about Quetzalcoatl. When I got that game, I had no idea how to pronounce, or even get my mind around that, so I just shortened it to "Q". xD

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon

Probably more deserving than that lackluster interpretation of the Feathered serpent. :(

Lukar

Durrgon
Here's the names of some of my custom Guitar Hero World Tour characters. ^^

Lukar - No need to say, lol. I made him wear stuff related to the south; rebel flag-like shirt, country blue jeans, etc.

Evan Jale - He looks like he'll fucking rip your damn head of, so "Jale" seemed to fit him.

Moptop - Lol, again, his description should tell you why. I based his looks off of the unnamed singer from Guitar Hero III (And I think he's also in GH2), who has mop-like hair, if that makes sense.

bane233

the cowboy wolf/roo
bob

lupinealchemist

Hamburger time.
I remember naming Link "some guy" in OOT. Me and my friend started laughing when we read the sign outside Link's house as it said "some guy's house."

Gavrill

ladies~
"I say".

"I say, I say!"
"What's going on, I say?"
"I say, that's a funny name!"
"I say, so that's your name!"
"Kimbo and I say!"

You get the idea.

Teco

Informal Formalist
"I say".

"I say, I say!"
"What's going on, I say?"
"I say, that's a funny name!"
"I say, so that's your name!"
"Kimbo and I say!"

You get the idea.

...played any Tales games that might have recently came out?

Teco

Informal Formalist
Not ecently no...wait...I played Tales of Symphonia, maybe.

Oh ok then I need to explain, Tales of Vesperia has some guy that has, 'I say!' in every sentence....yyyyeah

M. LeRenard

Is not French
I'll usually mess with names my second time playing the game, and every time thereafter. My favorite thing to name characters, though, is Bucket. It totally ruins any kind of mood you're supposed to have for the game if the main character is named Bucket.
Or I'll name the MC something like how I'm going to play the game. For example, I know a guy who made it a point to get 100% of everything in every Zelda game, so to spite him I decided to go through every Zelda game collecting only the bare minimum items. My name in that one was Failure. I only did it for Ocarina and Wind Waker so far, though, because, as it turns out, heart pieces/containers aren't required items. Think about trying to beat the original Zelda with only three hearts.
Or I'll just screw around. Like, on one I did of Chrono Trigger, I named Robo R66-Y (the serial number he gives when you first meet him), which makes sense, and then Ayla became Carl, which was just for the hell of it.
But first time I always use the default name. And yes, I even used Clan Nutsy. It's actually kind of funny later on when you're walking around blasting things and winning these super awesome victories as Clan Nutsy. Like you're slapping the other clans in the face by having such a stupid name and still beating them.

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon
Agreed--I didn't know it was supposed to be a bird. In fact, I had no idea what it was =| Green gooey lightning thing.

Not really a bird, more like a serpent that flies through the sky with brightly coloured wings like that of a quetzal. Although I do like naga and leung-dragon interpretations.

Nylak

Angry Otter
I always keep em at default, even when replaying. Why? Because I'm boring.

But for open-ended games like Havrest Moon, it's fun to be creative sometimes. >>; ...And when my stupid chickens produce the fifth rooster in a row, the newborns start to get named obsceneties before they're shipped to slaughter.