• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Thinking about joining the armed forces.

jcfynx

Banned
Banned
How the hell did this thread become an Internet whining match? Everyone, shut the up fuck, just shut fuck, with telling anyone else to shut the fuck up.

Your reaction isn't helping, Ariel. Unlike the angry children here, you are well old enough to know this. You aren't going to get people to act like adults by behaving like a child.

Should i stay angry? :V seems to be entertaining to you guys when i rail against people.

Your attitude is childish and distasteful. Please do not insist upon yourself. It's embarrassing; you are being laughed at, not with. I'm sure there's a decent person under that and I'd prefer to see that over the fictional character you're projecting.

ArielMT

'Net Help Desk
Your reaction isn't helping, Ariel. Unlike the angry children here, you are well old enough to know this. You aren't going to get people to act like adults by behaving like a child.

My aim was just to get notice and inspire rethinking of attitudes.

Your attitude is childish and distasteful. Please do not insist upon yourself. It's embarrassing; you are being laughed at, not with. I'm sure there's a decent person under that and I'd prefer to see that over the fictional character you're projecting.

That, in addition to making my job easier.

Wolf-Bone

Banned
Banned
I think it's mostly the Internets Tough Guy attitude combined with AMURRIKUN URMY FUCK YEAH. Because I'm pretty sure that, combined, it's what most people think of when they think of American Army soldiers and law enforcement officers. :p

Yeah, and the ITG and modern soldier stereotypes unfortunately go well together in the era of online multiplayer. The general public knows they've got gamers in their ranks, and has the perception that Call of Duty especially is basically a private sector recruitment/propaganda tool, so it doesn't help.

Runefox said:
I mean, especially considering a former law enforcement officer, Army grunt, gunsmith, firearms instructor and pilot should have more productive things to do with his time than post with MAXIMUM RAEG on a furry forum.

Just running with the army-gamer/ITG thing a bit, it doesn't help that his fucking sig has each job description in a different color to make sure you see them all, like they're fucking medals themselves, so everyone totally gets that he's ACHIEVED THE RANK of STAFF SERGEANT MAJOR SUPER SHOOTER FIRST CLASS GRENADE THROWER BAD ASS SHOOTER PERSON!

Probably not, but just like I'm Jesus in purgatory trying to save Osama bin Laden and Saddam Hussein, he/she is trying to save the poor wicked wretches of this forum, surrounded by the fires of furfaggotry, same stoic expression, same black trenchcoat, same ponysona (okay technically I'm a donkey this time since I figured that might make me a more sympathetic character to them, but I might revert my save file since I don't like the looks they give me when they think I'm not looking).

jcfynx said:
I'm sure there's a decent person under that and I'd prefer to see that over the fictional character you're projecting.

Unfortunately, he's probably being pretty much himself. That or like Bush, he's completely full of shit, but also so self-deluded and self-assured that there's no way most people can't not reinforce it for him in some way.

Yeah, and the ITG and modern soldier stereotypes unfortunately go well together in the era of online multiplayer. The general public knows they've got gamers in their ranks, and has the perception that Call of Duty especially is basically a private sector recruitment/propaganda tool, so it doesn't help.

Just running with the army-gamer/ITG thing a bit, it doesn't help that his fucking sig has each job description in a different color to make sure you see them all, like they're fucking medals themselves, so everyone totally gets that he's ACHIEVED THE RANK of STAFF SERGEANT MAJOR SUPER SHOOTER FIRST CLASS GRENADE THROWER BAD ASS SHOOTER PERSON!

Probably not, but just like I'm Jesus in purgatory trying to save Osama bin Laden and Saddam Hussein, he/she is trying to save the poor wicked wretches of this forum, surrounded by the fires of furfaggotry, same stoic expression, same black trenchcoat, same ponysona (okay technically I'm a donkey this time since I figured that might make me a more sympathetic character to them, but I might revert my save file since I don't like the looks they give me when they think I'm not looking).

Unfortunately, he's probably being pretty much himself. That or like Bush, he's completely full of shit, but also so self-deluded and self-assured that there's no way most people can't not reinforce it for him in some way.

ITT.

Furries trying psychology.

Oh please. This is a furry forum.

Wolf-Bone

Banned
Banned
ITT.

Furries trying psychology.

Humans are natural psychologists. The difference is, most do it subconsciously, and I do it very consciously. And unlike the ones who get paid to do it, or jcfynx, I ain't out to help you.

Cain

Guess what mood I'm in today.
I'm thinking of joining the airforce after uni. Just love the freedom of flight.

We can't we all just get along?

We should have a snuggle pile and we'll feel all better afterwards. :3

Furries getting along?

the fandom has a history of being filled with spiteful nerds and giant rumor mills and increasing amounts of dog fucking and passive agressiveness.

And now, the up and coming issue of spreading STD's at cons. so nope.

Runefox

Kitsune of the PC Master Race
Furries getting along?

the fandom has a history of being filled with spiteful nerds and giant rumor mills and increasing amounts of dog fucking and passive agressiveness.

And now, the up and coming issue of spreading STD's at cons. so nope.
And yet, here you are.

And yet, here you are.

Doesn't mean i agree with the actions and behavior of other people in this community.
The fandom, and the community i consider different things. You can be a furry and not participate in the community. Cons, meets, FA, furry networking sites. Bestiality, being awkward, talking about murry purry in public, Murrsutis. etc.

People who speak about "unity" in the "community" are insane for the most part unless loosely referring to their own particular group of friends who happen to be furries.
Furries always hate other furries, and normies. breeders dog fuckers and whatever they call them etc. always have and always will and their always be the folks who want to make the fandom this big nice tent that accepts EVERYONE including their scat, diaper, dog fucking tendencies with no questions asked.

Last edited:

Pipsqueak

So I've stayed away from this topic for a while. But I'm going to throw in my two cents.

First off, there are plenty of jobs in the military in which you will likely never see combat. In fact the MAJORITY of jobs are in non combat roles. Now that doesn't mean you won't get deployed, but outside of the once a week mortar round you won't be seeing much action. Some jobs don't even deploy directly to Afghanistan or Iraq. The Air Force is constantly in need of mechanics and crew chiefs. The Navy has all kinds of jobs on board it's ships. Hell even the army has huge numbers of non-combat jobs such as mechanics, cooks, etc. And despite what people have been saying, there is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting a non-combat job as they're just as required for the war effort.

Jagged Edge- I don't know what citizen you're a country of. But if you're a US citizen, your chances of getting an active duty pilot slot without doing either AFROTC, the Academy, or a stellar performance on the enlisted side, are extremely, extremely low.

Edit: On the Air Force side the majority of jobs are non-flying. Indeed the flying jobs are quite competitive to get and there's something of a social divide between Air Crew and the unwashed masses, I mean other non-flying Airmen ^^

Xegras

Peerat
So I've stayed away from this topic for a while. But I'm going to throw in my two cents.

First off, there are plenty of jobs in the military in which you will likely never see combat. In fact the MAJORITY of jobs are in non combat roles. Now that doesn't mean you won't get deployed, but outside of the once a week mortar round you won't be seeing much action. Some jobs don't even deploy directly to Afghanistan or Iraq. The Air Force is constantly in need of mechanics and crew chiefs. The Navy has all kinds of jobs on board it's ships. Hell even the army has huge numbers of non-combat jobs such as mechanics, cooks, etc. And despite what people have been saying, there is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting a non-combat job as they're just as required for the war effort.

Jagged Edge- I don't know what citizen you're a country of. But if you're a US citizen, your chances of getting an active duty pilot slot without doing either AFROTC, the Academy, or a stellar performance on the enlisted side, are extremely, extremely low.

Edit: On the Air Force side the majority of jobs are non-flying. Indeed the flying jobs are quite competitive to get and there's something of a social divide between Air Crew and the unwashed masses, I mean other non-flying Airmen ^^

Fucking Flightsuit Mafia :p

Wolf-Bone

Banned
Banned
Doesn't mean i agree with the actions and behavior of other people in this community.
The fandom, and the community i consider different things. You can be a furry and not participate in the community. Cons, meets, FA, furry networking sites. Bestiality, being awkward, talking about murry purry in public, Murrsutis. etc.

People who speak about "unity" in the "community" are insane for the most part unless loosely referring to their own particular group of friends who happen to be furries.
Furries always hate other furries, and normies. breeders dog fuckers and whatever they call them etc. always have and always will and their always be the folks who want to make the fandom this big nice tent that accepts EVERYONE including their scat, diaper, dog fucking tendencies with no questions asked.

He's right about one thing, at least. Most people who espouse some ideal of pure tolerance for its own sake are full of shit, and even if they genuinely believe in it, they can't live by it. Not just because they're hypocrites, but because it's pretty much impossible, because if you try too hard you're going to end up alienating a lot of the people you don't even want to alienate besides the people you probably need to just to have a "big tent".

There's this chain of gyms called Fitness World, that has ads making fun of bodybuilder stereotypes, which has a "no judging" policy to the point of printing "no judging" on every machine, and bans certain exercises that it's pretty much impossible to do without grunting, because that "intimidates" people and feeds into the stereotype about people who actually, y'know, work out. How do they enforce this? With a massive fucking siren that blares, which intimidates you, makes you feel like you're being judged, and when you inevitably get subject to it for so much as breathing too heavily and call it out on the absurdity that it is, you get your membership revoked. I mean damn, it's like if the furry fandom were a gym. But in fairness, I think we might actually have the moral high ground here, even us uber-tolerant folks, because at least most of us are generally okay with muscle fetishism by itself.

Thing is, there's actually some good reasons to be intolerant towards certain things like, I dunno, murder and rape, and it's at least understandable that a lot of people would want to keep the people who get off on it at arms length, but I do think we should be "tolerant" insofar as trying to understand what compels a person to be into something they themselves probably know isn't exactly healthy or a fast-track to acceptance. And that means actually talking to them.

jcfynx

Banned
Banned
There's this chain of gyms called Fitness World, that has ads making fun of bodybuilder stereotypes, which has a "no judging" policy to the point of printing "no judging" on every machine, and bans certain exercises that it's pretty much impossible to do without grunting, because that "intimidates" people and feeds into the stereotype about people who actually, y'know, work out. How do they enforce this? With a massive fucking siren that blares, which intimidates you, makes you feel like you're being judged, and when you inevitably get subject to it for so much as breathing too heavily and call it out on the absurdity that it is, you get your membership revoked

Do they actually use the siren? I want to hear them use the siren. I used to go to the same gym in the United States, going by the name "Planet Fitness," home of the "Judgment-Free Zone." I want to go there and grunt as loudly as I can while doing the easiest exercises.

Wolf-Bone

Banned
Banned
Do they actually use the siren? I want to hear them use the siren. I used to go to the same gym in the United States, going by the name "Planet Fitness," home of the "Judgment-Free Zone." I want to go there and grunt as loudly as I can while doing the easiest exercises.

You should, and film it. Honestly the only proper way to deal with shit like this is to troll the fuck out of it, which supposedly some more traditional gyms did in response.

Ricky

There's this chain of gyms called Fitness World, that has ads making fun of bodybuilder stereotypes, which has a "no judging" policy to the point of printing "no judging" on every machine, and bans certain exercises that it's pretty much impossible to do without grunting, because that "intimidates" people and feeds into the stereotype about people who actually, y'know, work out. How do they enforce this? With a massive fucking siren that blares, which intimidates you, makes you feel like you're being judged, and when you inevitably get subject to it for so much as breathing too heavily and call it out on the absurdity that it is, you get your membership revoked.

...the fuck?

Really? REALLY?

I bet everyone who goes there is a fucking pussy, too :lol:

LonelyKitsune

Ca-ca-ca-ca-ca-Combo breaker
OK DUDE HERE!!! dont join the fucking marines! not unless you want to be a brainwashed duchbage that gets people from the other branches kill because they do stupid shit and dont know how to fight and shit talk and brag but have no backing to it! i respect the hell out of the marines before 2000 but the modern guys suck! i just left the army after 5 years, and let me tell you, its not the best but at lest the army can pass the airborn physical fitness test! go for the navy, at least they know what they are doing... im not saying join the army! just not the marines... its not a videogame, and cool commercials dont mean they are the best branch, it means they need more men because they dont teach you how to survive... but in the end its up to you ^^

ive had a lot of friends in the army that came from the marines.

Last edited:
T

Tycho

OK DUDE HERE!!! dont join the fucking marines! not unless you want to be a brainwashed duchbage that gets people from the other branches kill because they do stupid shit and dont know how to fight and shit talk and brag but have no backing to it! i respect the hell out of the marines before 2000 but the modern guys suck! i just left the army after 5 years, and let me tell you, its not the best but at lest the army can pass the airborn physical fitness test! go for the navy, at least they know what they are doing... im not saying join the army! just not the marines... its not a videogame, and cool commercials dont mean they are the best branch, it means they need more men because they dont teach you how to survive... but in the end its up to you ^^

ive had a lot of friends in the army that came from the marines.

What the fuck is this mess

and why are you holding a 240 like a fucking rifle, dumbass

LonelyKitsune

What the fuck is this mess

and why are you holding a 240 like a fucking rifle, dumbass

ok maybe i came off as a little harsh and im sorry if i offended you. i used to like the marines hell i almost joined them, but after they started talking all kinds of shit about the army when we didnt do anything to them and then they run off all stupid and get my friend kill on what was suppost to be a really simple mission you tend to lose some respect points there... and dont get me wrong some of the best squad leaders i ever had were once marines, (P.S. they didnt like marines either) and im holding it like a rifle because I FUCKING CAN! thats a bitch to hold in that position and fire... so we wanted to see who could do it the best. you do stupid shit like that in iraq to keep yourself from going crazy... i was a gunner i iraq for 4 months, a scout for 2, and a sniper-spotter for 2 months, and a dismount and sometimes a driver for 5 months... im trained and qualified expert on almost every manportable weapon system exept the Javilin...

Oh and marines may have 13 weeks of basic, but US ARMY Infantry basic is 14 weeks! We arent all that different, exept the army is a little less full of ourselves.
hay guess what!? the marines have to go to the army for specialized training! @_@... But really i dont hate the marines as much as i hate the marine corps, one on one the marines were nice guys but in a group they were douchbags, i dont know exactly what they teach you but they did a lot of stupid shit in combat, there is a fine line between brave and stupid...

what im saying is that he should go Navy or Airforce. they dont act like they got something to prove, they just get the job done

LonelyKitsune

you know what ever you choose to do, i respect your wanting to join the armed forces... its hard and will constantly test you. you have to be sure its what you want. you will have to put up with a lot of bullshit, and a lot of stupid people, but sometimes... sometimes... its worth it. i dont regret my service and it was quite the experiance and im a better person for it... but i will say im not going back

Frokusblakah

Drunk Fox
I prefer to be thought of as a Zipper Suited Sun God.

XD Yes we all know how you see yourselves!

Air Force woooooo!

Supply trooper here, pretty safe in my warehouse. Just enlisted though. =P

Ricky

I'll second "don't join the Marines" (ex-Marine here) but I have no idea what the fuck he is talking about in the rest of his post.

My biggest gripe was all the people who would rat you out just for props with an NCO, and the fact that my recruiter flat-out told me I would get an MOS that I didn't. I shouldn't have gone in open contract (NEVER go in open contract) but I was about to be homeless at the time I joined and was in a rush so took the recruiter's word.

In all reality though, yeah -- I wouldn't want to fight with those people. You're supposed to work together and not rat each other out just to kiss some ass.

FUCK that.

(and yeah, I also heard it used to be different)