• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Thinking about suicide again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jw

PINEAPPLE ACCOMPLISHED
EDIT:
I'll go ahead and post a formal apology. I sincerely and honestly regret making this thread. I feel like a terrible person for making light of a serious problem. I don't expect anyone to forgive me over this, but at least let it be known that I do not stand behind what I said in jocularity earlier. Suicide is a terrible, painful occurrence that scars the lives of those around the people very deeply.

If I could take back what I said earlier, I would do so in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, I cannot. I did make this thread in a moment of extreme stupidity and with a total lack of foresight on what this thread could have potentiated. What I can do is admit that I was wrong. I am open and willing to hear anything you would have to say to me, as that's the least I can do after causing all of these problems.

In short, and with all sincerity, I am sorry. And I mean sorry in the harshest and most literal meaning of the word and not in common, passing thought like is common in casual speech. I deeply regret this thread and I know I am a horrible person for making it.

Again, I am sorry.

63 out of 100,000 teens and young adults are expected to commit suicide, though the numbers change frequently. The number one sign a person is thinking or considering suicide is pulling away from friends. Be persistent with these people. Don't tell them "everything will be alright" or that "you're worried". Tell them you're concerned for their safety and would really hate if anything were to happen to you. Get involved. Their lives may very well depend on you.

If you are or ever have thought of suicide, know that is is serious. Seek out friends. Find someone to speak with. Get professional help.

Do not come to a furry forum in order to find advice of what to do or how to do it. What you are dealing with is critical and should be dealt with using people that are concerned about you.

Last edited:

Sauvignon

aynil
I would never </mylife>. I would rather runaway and become an outlaw bank robber super hero. But, if I had to, I suppose I would choose the jumping, because flying is fun.

Smelge

Hey, Assbutt
If I kill myself, I want to do it in the messiest way possible, and traumatising as many people as possible.

Sticking your head in front of the 1pm gun at Edinburgh Castle would be good. Blow your head clean off, upsetting the hundreds of tourists watching, then bits of face and skull rain down across the main shopping street of the city. Beautiful.

Ariosto

I've never wanted to kill myself.

But, a "How to suicide" thread? Even considering the above purpose it still feels... odd.

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
I don't ever think I'll have the nuts to kill myself. But I'll go out in a blaze of very intentional glory, infamy and ignominy are better than just being another statistic.

Torrijos-sama

The Artist Formerly Known as Jesusfish
If you're going to do it... Do it big.

Ariosto

Is it even possible for a real person to think about commiting a super-shocking suicide as the ones you have suggested?

Edit: I mean, a depressed person.

Jw

PINEAPPLE ACCOMPLISHED
I've never wanted to kill myself.

But, a "How to suicide" thread? Even considering the above purpose it still feels... odd.
(Espero que algun furrie vera esta discursion y piensa que you me matare' porgue el no lee exactamente)

Sorry, I just thought it would be a good thing to discuss at this time considering the situation...

Monster.

The future Mrs. Schmuck
How many of you wanna bet someone will actually take this thread into consideration?

Do it Jeremy Wade Dell style.

T

Tewin Follow

How is this allowed.

But if I'm going a long with it: To expand on a point in the OP, don't be a fucking douche and risk hurting other people. Jumping off of a building means you have to land in the street, where other people who LIKE their lives are walking about. Even if you time it so you don't hit someone, the person who gets to find you now has to live with seeing a smashed up body. You jerk.

Torrijos-sama

The Artist Formerly Known as Jesusfish
How many of you wanna bet someone will actually take this thread into consideration?

Do it Jeremy Wade Dell style.

JEREMY SPOKE IN CLASS TODAY

Garfang

I never think to end my life... because its just stupid idea.. I mean ok life is hard sometimes , life don't forgive and some people may have a life like hell but still to end your life is something no one should ever consider.

L

Larry

There has been times where I would be like "Why can't I just runaway from all of this shit?", and times where I just wanted to kill myself, but in the long run, those thoughts ended up being empty threats.

First of all, right after I have runaway thoughts, reality kicks in and says "Where will you go?" I'm just 15, and I obviously don't have enough money or brains to take care of myself.

Also, I quickly discourage the fact of me committing suicide. I'm too young, and I know I have so much to live for. And besides, I would've pussy out, anyways.

Thatch

Still not at 10k posts
If I kill myself, I want to do it in the messiest way possible, and traumatising as many people as possible.

Sticking your head in front of the 1pm gun at Edinburgh Castle would be good. Blow your head clean off, upsetting the hundreds of tourists watching, then bits of face and skull rain down across the main shopping street of the city. Beautiful.

I'm sure there were people attempting it even without actually planning to die.

If it didn't happen yet, their security might be too tight.

Ariosto

How is this allowed.

But if I'm going a long with it: To expand on a point in the OP, don't be a fucking douche and risk hurting other people. Jumping off of a building means you have to land in the street, where other people who LIKE their lives are walking about. Even if you time it so you don't hit someone, the person who gets to find you now has to live with seeing a smashed up body. You jerk.

It feels weird to agree with this.
It's probably because of how I was risen: even if you're not encouraging anyone to suicide... it almost feels like it.

Folgrimeo

I agree with Harebelle, do it in the privacy of your home, don't give others a shock in public or take out other people with you.

I do think there are certain situations where suicide might not be a bad idea (like when the alternative is lifelong unending pain and inability to do anything), but for -most- people claiming problems I don't think they've reached that point yet. Also, I was unaware that suicide required this much planning to do.

Also, probably include all your internet accounts and passwords in your will, just give complete access. It'd be a good idea to do this anyway ahead of time even if you're healthy and happy, just in case you're in a terrible accident somewhere down the road.

T

Tewin Follow

Also, probably include all your internet accounts and passwords in your will, just give complete access. It'd be a good idea to do this anyway ahead of time even if you're healthy and happy, just in case you're in a terrible accident somewhere down the road.

Is this so your Internet friends can be informed?

I believe I'm a fool for not wanting to die for eternities. Although, those who wish for death should earn it as soon as they ask for it.
I believe electricity would do. You can as well attempt to kill yourself by taking a defibrillator and using it to stop your own heart. It won't instantly kill you, but hopefully will do so faster.
I believe that if others cause you unenjoyment, then you shouldn't share your death with them. They wouldn't be shocked if they're the cause of your pain.
I believe that you don't have to be clean. You can do it in a messy way - it won't trigger any emotion, but will give somebody a job.
I believe that if you're going to die by a bullet, don't take others with you personally, but if you believe that somebody deserves death, execute the person - the loss is subtle to you.
I believe that taking your loved ones with you won't work - because they won't go with you anywhere, as no place exists beyond our universe.

That's only my belief, and it's misleading and naive, but I'd like to retain it. If you're going to die, don't tell me about it - a person like me can't save you.

Lavender Town was playing in my head while I read this thread :3

Best. Horrible game, though.

Unsilenced

Mentlegen
Inb4razorwirenoose.

Status
Not open for further replies.