• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Thinking of changing my fursona a little.

Should I do it? (Read my post first)

• Sure

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • F*ck no

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Go check your privilege you bisexual cis white male piece of shit.

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

um_pineapplez

Mage of Void, dammit.
I'm thinking about making my fursona more of a shifter type. Like, he'd mainly be a bat-eared fox like he is now, but i'm thinking that, under ludicrous circumstances, he'd somehow be able to turn into a snowshoe hare for an entire day. It would sort of symbolize my inner weakness since I tend to put up a more sarcastic and snarky front until all my worries and concerns about sh!t blow through the roof.

Idk, I feel like I'd just be using it as an excuse to vent more often, but I kind of like the idea. What do you guys think?

Xaroin

THE ONE THE ONLY
Well I tried and the result looked horrible, but you can do whatever you want

um_pineapplez

Mage of Void, dammit.
It couldn't be that bad.

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
Could be a gel that can take any form and turn opaque.
Not sure you could make a better shifter than that without being magical.
Or a robot

MadKiyo

Imma bat in yer rafters
My first one a couple years ago was a cat, and now my current one has evolved over 7 months to its final form.

So go for it. Not bad at all.

um_pineapplez

Mage of Void, dammit.
Could be a gel that can take any form and turn opaque.
Not sure you could make a better shifter than that without being magical.
Or a robot
It's not a gel.

I don't like goo fetishes.

My first one a couple years ago was a cat, and now my current one has evolved over 7 months to its final form.

So go for it. Not bad at all.
But I don't wanna get rid of the guy that I have right now. I like him too much. honestly I'm not sure if i want to change him 'cause I feel like doing it would just be me venting about issues.

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
goo fetishes.
Guess we know who quickly sexualizes their OCs right away.

Not saying it's bad, but nobody said a thing about fetishes.

Just saying the ultimate shifters tends to be gels, robots, or magical.
I guess you have Beast Boy, too...

Whatever.
*shrug

um_pineapplez

Mage of Void, dammit.
Guess we know who quickly sexualizes their OCs right away.

Not saying it's bad, but nobody said a thing about fetishes.

Just saying the ultimate shifters tends to be gels, robots, or magical.
I guess you have Beast Boy, too...

Whatever.
*shrug
I'm not even sure if I want to change him tho. Like, I feel comfy with a Bat-eared fox, and I don't know if I want to change it.

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
I'm not even sure if I want to change him tho. Like, I feel comfy with a Bat-eared fox, and I don't know if I want to change it.
Well, if you don't like changing species, then you'll need a different mechanic.
Could make up some reason to have magic.
It's an addition to the base character, not a change to it.

Best course of action, imo.

um_pineapplez

Mage of Void, dammit.
Well, if you don't like changing species, then you'll need a different mechanic.
Could make up some reason to have magic.
It's an addition to the base character, not a change to it.

Best course of action, imo.
I have a reason. some ancestor of his was cursed by a pissed off sorcerer who happened to be a rabbit so that every time a male descendant of said ancestor ate a carrot, they would turn into a nigh-unrecognizable rabbit for the entire day. I'm not sure if I wanna do that tho.

Alpine

The best Renault
You should at least give it a shot to see if you like the change. If not, you could try separating it into two sonas instead

I'm just gonna leave this here since a lot of people seem to like that third option ;) CheckMyPrivilege

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
I have a reason. some ancestor of his was cursed by a pissed off sorcerer who happened to be a rabbit so that every time a male descendant of said ancestor ate a carrot, they would turn into a nigh-unrecognizable rabbit for the entire day. I'm not sure if I wanna do that tho.
Well, there you go.
Don't know why you need us, then, considering this is the sort of thing one tends to do on their own.

It's not like we aren't going to accept you if you change.

um_pineapplez

Mage of Void, dammit.
You should at least give it a shot to see if you like the change. If not, you could try separating it into two sonas instead

I'm just gonna leave this here since a lot of people seem to like that third option ;) CheckMyPrivilege
No. Only one 'sona. If my fursona is supposed to represent me, then I'd rather have only one. I'm not gonna go splitting my personality up.

Well, there you go.
Don't know why you need us, then, considering this is the sort of thing one tends to do on their own.

It's not like we aren't going to accept you if you change.
What happens if I decide I don't like it? I can't exactly change the canon back to normal without coming up with some ludicrous way that defies all logic.

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
What happens if I decide I don't like it? I can't exactly change the canon back to normal without coming up with some ludicrous way that defies all logic.
You're worried about logic in a story that may include a fox that can transform into a hare?

um_pineapplez

Mage of Void, dammit.
You're worried about logic in a story that may include a fox that can transform into a hare?
Once I write canon it's canon. I can come up with other canons that are different, but he'd still have the same shifting thing. I can't just change it back if I decide to go ahead with that sort of thing.

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
Once I write canon it's canon. I can come up with other canons that are different, but he'd still have the same shifting thing. I can't just change it back if I decide to go ahead with that sort of thing.
So then make it canon and then make the transformation back canon as well.
Like Foamy's reboot button.

um_pineapplez

Mage of Void, dammit.
So then make it canon and then make the transformation back canon as well.
Like Foamy's reboot button.
How would I do that? I'd have to think of some bullshit logic that makes 0 sense. It's not like there's anyone around to un-curse him.

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
How would I do that? I'd have to think of some bullshit logic that makes 0 sense. It's not like there's anyone around to un-curse him.
Considering nobody like my sona exists in your canon, right?
It'd be sorta like uncursing all those objects in that one episode of Rick and Morty.

Well, you're the writer, which makes you god in a sense.
And your sona is your avatar.

And since your sona is magical already (right?) you can use that as a faith-based change, considering many magicians in fiction have SOME deity they worship or at least draw power from on occasion.

um_pineapplez

Mage of Void, dammit.
Considering nobody like my sona exists in your canon, right?
It'd be sorta like uncursing all those objects in that one episode of Rick and Morty.

Well, you're the writer, which makes you god in a sense.
And your sona is your avatar.

And since your sona is magical already (right?) you can use that as a faith-based change, considering many magicians in fiction have SOME deity they worship or at least draw power from on occasion.
Nope. He's completely ordinary in his world right now (i haven't done the change-y thing yet, but I have an entire backstory thought out for his world), and he's not religious because of personal memories that he'd rather forget.

Also I don't watch Rick and Morty (insert me making a Meeseeks joke in a youtube review here).

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
Nope. He's completely ordinary in his world right now (i haven't done the change-y thing yet, but I have an entire backstory thought out for his world), and he's not religious because of personal memories that he'd rather forget.

Also I don't watch Rick and Morty (insert me making a Meeseeks joke in a youtube review here).
I don't know what to say, then.
I'm not going to try writing your stuff for you even though I have an inkling of wanting to offer.

But I'm having a race with my gf and I'm taking advantage of her 3DS randomly turning off, setting her back a couple hours because she doesn't save as much as she does.

Good luck.

um_pineapplez

Mage of Void, dammit.
I don't know what to say, then.
I'm not going to try writing your stuff for you even though I have an inkling of wanting to offer.

But I'm having a race with my gf and I'm taking advantage of her 3DS randomly turning off, setting her back a couple hours because she doesn't save as much as she does.

Good luck.
I can write what I've got out for you.

Basically, the world Feriss (that's my 'sona's name) lives in had a rather different course of history than ours. Through some genetic coincidence, anthros managed to evolve like humans did. But we're not focusing on other countries right now (although considering in one canon he has a mate that comes from Russia, I guess I'd have to focus on them eventually.) Right now I'm focusing on good ol' America (insert YGOTAS Bandit Keith here.) Anthros weren't very common until around Reconstruction, where they decided to lend support to anti-segregation groups because to be honest, they would be getting the same treatment if it was the blacks. Ultimately, awhile after segregation based on skin color was outlawed (about 5 years), the supreme court also ruled against segregation based on fur, feathers, hide, or scales as well......Trump was still elected, though.

The reason he's not religious is because his stepfather (insert long backstory about his real father here) was a very devout Christian despite not going to church. He actually would have kicked Feriss out of the house had Feriss not already moved out when he came out as bi to his family. I got a bit more about him, but that's all I can really say right now that I recall.

Last edited:

um_pineapplez

Mage of Void, dammit.
So yeah, how does that sound?

Lexiand

Werewolf a Tophat
Sure I mean like no one is stopping you.