• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Thinking on doing story comisions. *need advice*

kylr23

Hi there Im kinda okish at writing, how ever as far as grammar and wording it always been my struggle point, but regardless I thinking of doing comisions anyways. I was wondering what would be a fair price?

My pitch is aiming for 10 per page with a max limit of 10 pages for any single story. Note I use at lest size 16 fonts. If some one wants to go over ten Ill charge a extrea 5$ up to 15 pages total. Anyways am I stupid or should I just stick to practicing?

M. LeRenard

Is not French
I don't think anyone's going to pay $10 per page with size 16 font. It's seriously easier to charge on a per word basis (1/4 cent per word, or something), so I'd go that route. When you calculate it out, the average story ends up being worth about $10, which is a much easier sell.
And with commissions... if you make money at it, that's all you should really worry about. Unless you think you could better spend your time working on your own material, but writing for other people could be good practice. It's all up to you.

kylr23

I don't think anyone's going to pay $10 per page with size 16 font. It's seriously easier to charge on a per word basis (1/4 cent per word, or something), so I'd go that route. When you calculate it out, the average story ends up being worth about $10, which is a much easier sell.
And with commissions... if you make money at it, that's all you should really worry about. Unless you think you could better spend your time working on your own material, but writing for other people could be good practice. It's all up to you.

Ah thanks honestly Im trying to shoot for a spesific goal ammount (mainly to get a new pc I know geedy but job wise I dont get allot of hours). Then after that when I restart it I was considering putting any cash made from any commishion to charady mostly to cancer reasearch or something its just a plan in my head, thanks for the tip.