• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Third and fourth head needing critique please

Star-Shade

~Always be kind~
I am a relatively new fursuit maker and after creating a mother mold for my Kemono heads, I am wondering where I could improve or possibly change. I am very much wanting to make a career of this, so any advice would be appreciated.

Fursuitsandmore1022

A Sorta Experienced Fursuit Maker (•̀ᵜ•́)
I dont know what it is, but the heads look a bit derpy!
I reccomend making the Sclera ( Whites of eyes ) of the eye a bigger or changing the generic " Cheaply made toy " Eye look.
Try something more complex for the pupil and iris like this:

Other than that, It looks great!

Deathless

ƤƦƠƓ MЄƬƛԼ ЄƝʆƠƳЄƦ
I'd say (especially for the first one shown) use a wig instead of making the hair out of foam. Also, I'd say make the eyes a little bigger. It's probably just me but I think the bigger the eyes, they cuter it gets. I'd recommend looking at some YouTube tutorials that show you how to make the desired eye shape/look you are aiming for, there's a bunch!
Other than that, I'd say so far so good! Remember practice makes perfect!

Star-Shade

~Always be kind~
I dont know what it is, but the heads look a bit derpy!
I reccomend making the Sclera ( Whites of eyes ) of the eye a bigger or changing the generic " Cheaply made toy " Eye look.
Try something more complex for the pupil and iris like this:

Other than that, It looks great!

I thought the eyes might need revision. ^^. I am still working out expressions and the ventilation issue so I hope to experiment a lot soon. Thank you so much for your advice!

Star-Shade

~Always be kind~
I'd say (especially for the first one shown) use a wig instead of making the hair out of foam. Also, I'd say make the eyes a little bigger. It's probably just me but I think the bigger the eyes, they cuter it gets. I'd recommend looking at some YouTube tutorials that show you how to make the desired eye shape/look you are aiming for, there's a bunch!
Other than that, I'd say so far so good! Remember practice makes perfect!

I was looking up wigs with mixed results. Some said it was hard to blend the fur with a wig, so I just patterned the hair and sewed it from fur, not using foam though. ^_^

And you are the second one to point out the eyes. I am surprised that mine still aren't big enough because they looked huge on the mother mold. XD Looks like I will have to make them bigger. Thank you so much!

Fursuitsandmore1022

A Sorta Experienced Fursuit Maker (•̀ᵜ•́)
I was looking up wigs with mixed results. Some said it was hard to blend the fur with a wig, so I just patterned the hair and sewed it from fur, not using foam though. ^_^

And you are the second one to point out the eyes. I am surprised that mine still aren't big enough because they looked huge on the mother mold. XD Looks like I will have to make them bigger. Thank you so much!
Now that you say that, I think thats the reason! The eyes need to be bigger and maybe use brighter colors on them so they dont look tiny? Ive never made a kemono suit but thats what im thinking.

Faexie

Rara for short :)
The second one is adorable! The first one I find a bit creepy though... To make it less creepy I would put the nose higher on the muzzle and make the eyes brighter and less cross eyed. The hair creates to much shadow on the face wich gives it a menacing look, and it could be improved upon too, right now it looks like a weird hat.

Also neither of them look anime enough to be kemono

Last edited:

VX666

The Foxy Goddess
It really depends on the look you want to go for.

My first impression is that the wig covers too much of the eyes like a hood.

The second thing is the high amount of subtile asymmetry that is bothersome

The ears and underbite on the second are too pronounced. I'd recommend designing some guides, and printing out copies to improve symmetry. Measure twice, cut once and all that jazz. You definitely need better lighting when photographing your works as well.

Keefur

aka Cutter Cat
Maybe broaden the muzzle slightly at the nose end. The muzzle seems to terminate with just a nose too much like a cone. I think the overall look is good and I think the eyes are plenty big enough. It's a matter of personal taste.