• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

This could be bad

TransformerRobot

Robot in disguise
Well it looks like Nintendo has it's own equivalent of Plagiarism Crush Saga.

Here's Pokemon Shuffle, essentially a generic item matching puzzle game that doesn't even look like a true Nintendo game. Unfortunately it limits how much you can play with the Energy System; You have five hearts, use one for every round you play, and have to buy more every time you run out. This is the kind of thing that doesn't belong on Nintendo systems.

Somehow I think this is something we can blame on Michael Pachter (I didn't imagine Nintendo would ever listen to that fraud).

Maybe this will be bad, I don't know, I might be wrong like I often am.

SirRob

I downloaded it, and I like it. It's cute. I honestly don't know how something like this could be profitable, since it's a single player game and thus there's no competition or pressure to complete it quickly. There's no reason to actually purchase anything.
There isn't any content that you'll miss out on if you don't buy anything, so, honestly this is less money grubbing than Amiibo is.

TransformerRobot

Robot in disguise
I downloaded it, and I like it. It's cute. I honestly don't know how something like this could be profitable, since it's a single player game and thus there's no competition or pressure to complete it quickly. There's no reason to actually purchase anything.
There isn't any content that you'll miss out on if you don't buy anything, so, honestly this is less money grubbing than Amiibo is.

So you're saying this could be Nintendo's middle finger to King?

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer
doesn't even look like a true Nintendo game.
TBH, NSMB and TP and SS weren't -true- Nintendo games seeing how fucking shitty they were.
honestly this is less money grubbing than Amiibo is.
Nintendo figures that smash fans are autistic enough to buy smash shit.

It sort of worked.

RTDragon

RTP User
I've have seen this before no big deal to me since i've played a game like that only difference is that you don't have to buy more to recharge you can just wait.

RTDragon

RTP User
I don't think you understand TR i've played these types of games before and currently playing one since last year and i have 230 AP and Reached Rank 101 from it. So it's quite fun to see how far a day i can get. You really don't know about certain F2P models. Your not meant to play it all day.

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer

TransformerRobot

Robot in disguise
I don't think you understand TR i've played these types of games before and currently playing one since last year and i have 230 AP and Reached Rank 101 from it. So it's quite fun to see how far a day i can get. You really don't know about certain F2P models. Your not meant to play it all day.

That explains why it sometimes feels awkward when I wait for new levels to load in Angry Birds Transformers.

good games???

How about being specific as to what you consider "good" games?

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
It's pretty bad, but not as bad as you make it out to be.
Nintendo is a corporation. They want to make money to stay in business to make new games. Of course they are gonna try new strategies now, I'm not surprised about this at all.

TransformerRobot

Robot in disguise
It's pretty bad, but not as bad as you make it out to be.
Nintendo is a corporation. They want to make money to stay in business to make new games. Of course they are gonna try new strategies now, I'm not surprised about this at all.

I was worried this would end badly because of how terrible Candy Crush Saga is.

SageMerric

Wait, Nintendo doesn't give out any free games? I could have sworn they released a couple free games a month like the other companies. Glad I changed my mind about getting a Wii U a few months back. I rarely ever buy new games. Maybe just one or two a month at most.

Stratelier

I've have seen this before no big deal to me since i've played a game like that only difference is that you don't have to buy more to recharge you can just wait.
A.k.a. more time for stuff like Pokemon OR/AS, Smash Bros, and so on.

squiddysquiddysquiddy

Lv. 3 Rage Squid
Freemium works because people buy into it. I'm surprised Nintendo would buy into a predatory system that is aimed towards manipulating children for their own console though. Seems like a lapse in judgment to me. So long as it doesn't make too much money for them, we won't have to worry about it being a trend.

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer