• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

thoughts on the idea of making combat furry suits

Cult_Imagination

i wanna lick
so alot of fursuits are usally for show and stuff,but what if we make suits for combat? how would we go about doing somthing like this? and what way could this either benifit or de-benifit a person in combat?

Punji

Daedric Prince of Secrets
It would be heavy, bulky, cumbersome, and hot. And expensive.

But by gawd would it be cool.

ben909

vaporeon character != mushroom characters
is this a sifi thing, or something for rpish paintball?

Firuthi Dragovic

World Serpent, overly defensive
I feel like if you're making it actually possible to move in one of those, even with fairly light armor plating, you'd basically have to push into the realm of powered armor. Which isn't that much of a thing yet.

If actual armor plating isn't what you're after, I do know that kevlar civilian clothing is already a thing... even if they size it kinda small from what I'm looking at here. (They accomplish it by having the kevlar be the inner layer.) I admittedly don't know how uncomfortable it is to wear that much kevlar for long periods of time though, and you'd probably have to double or triple the discomfort to get an idea how a combat fursuit would be.

Yakamaru

Thine Grumpy Resident
We going full Fallout post-apocalyptic?

Baron Tredegar

Master of Forgotten Lore
Maybe instead of thinking scifi we should look to the past. Some Egyptian Anubis and Sekhmet armor should do the trick.

Hoodwinks

Commission Slots: OPEN
I reckon you could.

Yes, there's the conventional route of a fursuit wearing armour, but you could add padding within the suit. I think it would just have to be stitched in a way that would allow for good freedom of movement and perhaps attention to the material being more durable in nature. I bet if money was no object and someone really put their mind to this, they could make something pretty badass.

Chibi-Choko

Yea, but it would be useless in combat.
Like, imagine you see a brightly colored fox aim at you with an Ak.
To add to it, fursuits have low visibility as is.

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
so alot of fursuits are usally for show and stuff,but what if we make suits for combat? how would we go about doing somthing like this? and what way could this either benifit or de-benifit a person in combat?

Probably better make a combat partial. More maneuverability, less heat retention, and claws can be added to paw gloves easier than a full suit.

After that any other accessories can be customized to the combat style you're thinking of. For example, a scale shirt could be plate-mail painted, a fur vest could have metal or chainmail underbacking for protection, gloves could be clawed gauntlets, fangs could be sharpened and attached more securely, tails could have weighted tips or weighted base for a whip effect, etc..

Stray Cat Terry

테리 / 特里 / テリー
The fastest one came to mind is the retractable claws (like wolverine? Or mechanically speaking, the hidden switchblade like Assassin Creed).

Per the concecpt, it may sound not too fitting unless the suit is based from hunter species...But hey, fursuit is a fursuit! If the user wants it, why not? OwO

One offensive aspect taken care of, the next is defensive aspect! How about the blade-proof structures?(or bulletproof otherwise?)

While not every fursuits being hard, we know some are fairly, if not completely hard(or even heavy as well). If that can additionally be justified for the defensive feature, why not? >w<

Regret

Insert Witticism Here
Are we going to customize the suits intended role by species? If not we should. If yes, this is an excellent idea and I would like to donate my savings and let Lockheed Martin know.

Baron Tredegar

Master of Forgotten Lore
I just found this.
And apparently there is this guy from Game of Thrones:
main-qimg-60d3feb8a0e9afb903146efc043c57b2-pjlq

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
I just found this.
And apparently there is this guy from Game of Thrones:
main-qimg-60d3feb8a0e9afb903146efc043c57b2-pjlq

Game of thrones guy is just awesome looking in general.

Probably better make a combat partial. More maneuverability, less heat retention, and claws can be added to paw gloves easier than a full suit.
Especially if we're looking for ballistic protection, as that kind of gear is heavy and hot. If you havn't worn a ballistic vest before, you'd be surprised how hot it gets

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
Anthropomjolnir