• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Thoughts on the New Gorillaz song/series?

NigelMorgan

A fox who fixes cars
So I don't know about you guys, but I'm a big Gorillaz fan, and a big fan of Damon Albarn and his work in general. Most of the bands I follow don't release music very often, so whenever they do its like a mini Christmas to me.

I was pretty intrigued when Sound Machine was teased and I wasn't disappointed at all. Not only was the song an absolute banger, but the accompanying short has some beautiful animation in my opinion. Its different but still feels like Gorillaz, I love the song's lyrics and flow, and the more traditional band instruments (guitar, drum kit) I really like seeing the return of.

What do you guys think, I'd love to see if there's any fellow furry Gorillaz fans.

Here's a link to the video if you haven't seen it:

PercyD

Lover of Beasty Baes
I'm really digging their live action/ animation projects. It seems like maybe they were able to get some funds for some slick tech. >u>

I would comment on their new stuff? But some of their stuff I'm mistaking for new is quite old. Either way, it feels like they're making "grown folks" music now.

WitherSDL

CEO of SDL
So I don't know about you guys, but I'm a big Gorillaz fan, and a big fan of Damon Albarn and his work in general. Most of the bands I follow don't release music very often, so whenever they do its like a mini Christmas to me.

I was pretty intrigued when Sound Machine was teased and I wasn't disappointed at all. Not only was the song an absolute banger, but the accompanying short has some beautiful animation in my opinion. Its different but still feels like Gorillaz, I love the song's lyrics and flow, and the more traditional band instruments (guitar, drum kit) I really like seeing the return of.

What do you guys think, I'd love to see if there's any fellow furry Gorillaz fans.

I actually like this a lot... but I have a weird relationship with Gorillaz. I hated almost every song on Demon Days when I first heard it but it grew and me and now it's one of my top 5 favorite albums. Not sure what happens when I start off liking the song.

cowboi

DM me your favorite dinosaur
I'm really liking the integration of animation and live action, and I also really just liked Desole's vibe in general. I was slightly less keen on Momentary Bliss than Desole, but they were both good in my opinion (better than a majority of Humanz, which I wasn't really a fan of, save Saturnz Barz, She's My Collar, Let me Out and Charger). Momentary had more feels of the original Gorillaz album than some of their newer stuff - it kind of reminded me of Punk. Desole was very solemn and being a Mudz fan, I felt bad for the poor bastard.

T

the sleepiest kitty

I LOVE this!!! I'm so glad they still rock the house! :)