• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Thread Integrity

Wolfie

Hanazawa said:
It's possible to state your opinion, where it differs, without drawing attention specifically to the person who you're disagreeing with. Compare "I like red", "Blue is totally the best color ever", and "I also agree that red is a good color", as opposed to "I like red", "Blue is totally the best color ever", and "OMG the first person says they like red you're being mean by saying that blue is the best!!!".

If someone comes in and harrasses you after "I also agree that red is a good color", then you have some basis for moderative action, but if you run in screaming "OMG the first person says they like red you're being mean by saying that blue is the best!!!" you're asking for any arguments you hear back.

:

I would say it's more like "I want something blue" "you can't get something blue asking like that, you have to do this a certain way" "but I already got something blue, but thanks for your time anyways ^_^" "nonono you're doing it wrong!" THEN someone stepped in. :3

Wolfblade

Hanazawa said:
It's possible to state your opinion, where it differs, without drawing attention specifically to the person who you're disagreeing with.

Yes, that's often true. But not always. If for example, your disagreement is with a certain kind of behavior, and that behavior really only comes from a select group of people (on this forum anyways), any mention against those behaviors will be taken as a direct attack on the people who do them, BY the people who behave that way.

I disagree with people expressing their opinion with unprovoked scorn and derision when they could easily say what they have to say without being rude and insulting in the process. I disagree with people treating a thread intended by its creator to be a happy announcement as if it was a debate and the goal is to pick apart the opening post's faults. I disagree with people acting as if the fact that they feel no offense at snide sarcastic remarks means that nobody else has a right to be bothered by them.

I disagree with a lot of things, usually based on the fact that they deliver unwarranted and unprovoked negativity upon people and they should not have to simply "deal with it, don't speak up, or leave." And because the things I disagree with rarely come from anybody outside of a small group, I ask how would you suggest I am supposed to exercise my right to express my disagreement with certain behaviors without it being taken as a direct attack on the people who do them?

Hanazawa

Would Like To Play a Game
Wolfblade said:
And because the things I disagree with rarely come from anybody outside of a small group, I ask how would you suggest I am supposed to exercise my right to express my disagreement with certain behaviors without it being taken as a direct attack on the people who do them?

Privately, in PMs or talking with a moderator/admin. You're directly "attacking" them either way, but by doing it in private you're being courteous to all parties involved - the problem users, yourself, the original poster of the thread, AND the admins.