• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Thread of breads

Saokymo

Art Cookie
Technically, but they’re not really cakes either. I generally think of cake as having a fluffy, crumbly texture; pancakes are more dense and don’t rise the same way cake-cakes do. They’re almost like halfway between being a cake and being a flat sweet bread.

Yakamaru

Bad Jokes Inc.
God damn it. The catbread memes have already been done. Makes me want to try baking again to be honest. Haven't done that in quite a while.

Yakamaru

Bad Jokes Inc.
You should! Show us what you bake. :)
Hmm, would have to get a new phone for that though. Front camera is destroyed due to having dropped it way too many times on the pavement not to mention kicked around. ^^''

sleepy kitty

(◡‿◡✿) ꪑꫀꪮ᭙
My favorite bread

20210126_161605.jpg

TemetNosce88

So long, good luck, goodbye.
I didn't quite get the same open texture @TemetNosce88 got.
I feel perhaps I was too scaredy cat about adding too much water.
It still looks good, though! It could be lack of water- ciabatta dough is a very wet and sticky dough by design, as are a number of other 'no-knead' breads. They also benefit from a light touch- over-working can smoosh the air bubbles out of the dough.

Does it taste good? That's the most important part. :)

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
It still looks good, though! It could be lack of water- ciabatta dough is a very wet and sticky dough by design, as are a number of other 'no-knead' breads. They also benefit from a light touch- over-working can smoosh the air bubbles out of the dough.

Does it taste good? That's the most important part. :)

This is definitely it then; I do not have a gentle touch. I'll have to try cultivating one.

The taste is okay- it inherited an olive oil taste because that's what I used to stop it sticking to the bowl. ;D

Fallowfox

This is a Walnut and cranberry bread, that is part wholemeal part white flour.

I wasn't satisfied with how much pure wholemeal flour rose, so I left this to prove overnight- and I think the texture is improved.

Netanye Dakabi

people call me queen
Banned

I wasn't satisfied with how much pure wholemeal flour rose, so I left this to prove overnight- and I think the texture is improved.
this would be nice dipped in chutney

TemetNosce88

So long, good luck, goodbye.

Looking good! It almost looks like you could slice it thin, toast it, and make biscotti with it.

Fallowfox

If you wanna go next level with bread baking I highly recommend this book. Super informative

View attachment 100795

Most of the baking I've done so far is Mediterranean in character. I know relatively little about baking in the Scandinavian countries, with the exception of black and rye breads.

Do you have a particular Scandinavian bread that you think would be easy to try?

Tacoshark

Defender of the Sacred Nuggs
Most of the baking I've done so far is Mediterranean in character. I know relatively little about baking in the Scandinavian countries, with the exception of black and rye breads.

Do you have a particular Scandinavian bread that you think would be easy to try?
There are literally hundreds of recipes in the book but here is one relatively basic recipe to try and one that is a bit more involved. Recipes ask for fresh yeast but it is easy enough to convert for active dry yeast

1_20210201_154719.jpg

1_20210201_155140.jpg
1_20210201_155144.jpg

ben909

cured 1/3 of the potion

Black olive loaf.

I need to buy more flour before I make a potato bread.
What exactly is in potato bread, i never really looked