• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Thumbnail problem, likely easy fix

maxgoof

Active Member
This is a RECENT development, as I have only recently had a problem doing this.

When I attempt to replace the thumbnail on an entry for a music file, the new thumbnail shows up as Image Not Found on the actual page for the music.

This does NOT happen when submitting new music with a separate thumbnail.

This does NOT happen when replacing existing artwork where the thumbnail is generated automatically.

It ONLY occurs (as far as I have seen) when replacing thumbnails only.

Here's the odd part:

The new thumbnail shows up in indexes, folders, etc., just fine. It ONLY shows Image Not Found on the actual music page.

Seems like either the page itself is not getting updated, or else it is getting updated to something wrong.
 

maxgoof

Active Member
Just to give the origin a time frame, I replaced a thumbnail on June 28th, 2019 and it worked fine at that time. So, it got broken some time after that.
 
Last edited:

maxgoof

Active Member
Found another, thumbnail dated July 16th, 2019. So, what changed in the past six months? That's when it was broken.
 
Last edited:

maxgoof

Active Member
I turned in a trouble ticket on it, which was closed, even though the problem still exists. I attempted to re-open it, and was told, flat out, not to re-open it.

Like I said, it is likely an easy fix, Just check the code on updating thumbnails, particularly where it deals with updating the actual page.

I HIGHLY suspect nobody cares because so few people update only the thumbnail, so, this is put on the back burner. Said back burner now stashed with the updates to the music categories, which after 10 years of people requesting it, has not been done either.

But because so much of my chapter work gets done before the cover artwork, that a goodly number of my audio chapters now say IMAGE NOT FOUND on them.

It's very disheartening. It's like nobody on FA gives a crap about musicians.
 
Last edited:

maxgoof

Active Member
Let me explain why this is important to me:

My audio story has links to other places, the song alone, the previous chapter, the next chapter, the index page, the full image.

If I were not having the problem of IMAGE NOT FOUND, I would simply update the thumbnail.

Now, I either have to put up with IMAGE NOT FOUND, or I have to reupload the entire entry again, re-create all the links, update the return links on the other pages, and delete the old entry, which also puts them out of order.

All because FA doesn't give a crap about musicians.
 

maxgoof

Active Member
I now have over 50 submissions that are now suffering from the IMAGE NOT FOUND bug.

I have delayed the posting of chapters for a month or more because of the bug, to avoid it. This puts me way behind schedule.

Can someone at least LOOK at it?
 

maxgoof

Active Member
IMPORTANT UPDATE: ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

It seems that any entry I made AFTER the November/December UI update does NOT have a problem replacing thumbnails.

Any entry I made BEFORE the November/December UI update DOES have a problem replacing thumbnails.

I highly suspect there is a difference in the way the pages are made before and after. I use the Classic Light and Dark forms.

I may attempt to use the Modern form and see it it still occurs.
 
Last edited:

maxgoof

Active Member
Tested in Modern form. Problem still occurs. Anything uploaded before the update in December cannot display updated thumbnails on the submission page. Anything uploaded after the update in December has no problem.

It has now been six months since I first reported this problem, I've done just about all the testing on my end that I can. Ball in in FA's court.
 

maxgoof

Active Member
Congratulations, FA!! I reported this problem a year ago.

A WHOLE YEAR AGO!!

And I'm willing to bet I've done 1000% more research into the cause of the problem, then EVERYONE ELSE on staff put together. All you do is complain that I keep bringing it up.

That's because NOBODY IS EVEN LOOKING AT THE PROBLEM!! NOBODY ON STAFF CARES!!

It is NOT an intermittent problem. I have detailed EXACTLY when it occurs. But nobody has even bothered to look at it. I'm sure it's been lumped into some other unrelated batch of problems.

It may no longer be an easy fix, now, since it is buried in a year of updates. Had you dealt with it a year ago, shortly after the November/December update, which CAUSED the problem (I documented that) it likely would have taken an hour or two to fix, with my clues as to EXACTLY where the problem lies.

But nobody cares.

Thanks a hell of a lot.
 
Last edited:
Top